Anyone been out yet?

The place for all general, non-model specific, chat and any club announcements
Anon

Re: Anyone been out yet?

Post by Anon » Tue May 19, 2020 11:58 am

Very nice pictures of St Ives. I am from Cornwall so know it well.

My take is this is a good idea, so long as social distancing is maintained.

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Tue May 19, 2020 12:42 pm

autobackup wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:54 amJust make sure that while driving around London you are all socially/responsibly spaced at least 6' apart - then what's the problem with an Ariel convoy?
In the UK you can drive to see a relative, go for a walk, commute to work etc etc. You can't simply go out on joy rides - in a convoy or otherwise. People choose to do so, obviously. And, equally obviously, that's their choice. Like it is here, for this wee jaunt in London.

In a similar vein, I guess, loads of bikers were out round my way at the weekend, many of whom were getting pulled over by the cops. Difficult to justify they were all going to see their Nans, as it were. Strictly speaking, it's against the Govt's rules. You can choose to do otherwise, no problem, but I'm not going to argue over SD rules. We'd be here all day.

Cheers,
Hedge

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Tue May 19, 2020 1:47 pm

Hedge

I was under the impression that the rules had been modified in the UK - to whit :

1.9 Are day trips and holidays ok? Can people stay in second homes?

Day trips to outdoor open space, in a private vehicle, are permitted. You should practise social distancing from other people outside your household.

Just designate a convenient open space in London and agree to meet at a specific time - form a ' nose in' circle everyone stays in their car and all can have a chat!!
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

SvenTheHammer

Post by SvenTheHammer » Tue May 19, 2020 2:17 pm

The rules the government has said is,
You can: Travel to an outdoor open space irrespective of distance, but not with someone from outside your household unless you can practise social distancing - for example by cycling
• Take day trips to an outdoor open space in a private vehicle.
You cannot: Share a private vehicle with someone from another household.
So going for a spin, in your own car is allowed. And if you stop for a chat. Social distancing needs to be adhered to.
Good enough for me.

Anon

Post by Anon » Tue May 19, 2020 3:06 pm

I don't know why it is so hard to understand the new rules. Is that obfuscated by bojo?

CAG3D

Post by CAG3D » Tue May 19, 2020 8:33 pm

It’s simple.

You can certainly go out in your car, for a drive, to an area of greenery, but don’t meet people unless they live with you, and dont drive unless you really have to. Busses are a good idea but don’t use public transport other than a train, and try to walk when you can but not on a train track, use a train unless of course you can drive.

Simple!

Where we meeting then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anon

Post by Anon » Tue May 19, 2020 8:45 pm

CAG3D wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:33 pm It’s simple.

You can certainly go out in your car, for a drive, to an area of greenery, but don’t meet people unless they live with you, and dont drive unless you really have to. Busses are a good idea but don’t use public transport other than a train, and try to walk when you can but not on a train track, use a train unless of course you can drive.

Simple!

Where we meeting then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:roflp:

Mutley

Post by Mutley » Tue May 19, 2020 9:08 pm

Do you need to ask? Getting a bit dusty though >:D

[Imgur](

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Tue May 19, 2020 10:36 pm

A car forum with pictures / videos of people out driving cars - who'da thunk it???

So obviously, as an official representative-type person of Ariel.Club, I have been very careful to in no way approve or condone what people get up to with their cars, or even hint at what my personal opinion may be during these challenging times.

But... I don't mind going on record when I say BoJo hasn't exactly helped clarify what is expected from the residents of England (I think Matt Lucas did a better job IMO).

Anywho, if there is a growing desire for some people to exercise in a similarish location at a similarish time and wave at each other on the way, it may be worth switching to an area of the forum that isn't available to the general public.

The change in making the Events section Members Only was introduced late last year to allow such discussions to take place away from all and sundry. Most people on this thread are Club Members, so can still follow the fun if they wish, but it just helps keep people that little bit... safer...

Be Alert! Your country needs lerts.

Anon

Post by Anon » Wed May 20, 2020 7:00 pm

Mutley wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:08 pm Do you need to ask? Getting a bit dusty though >:D

[Imgur](
Love the short clip! how do those Bose headphones fair with the noise of the Nomad? I have a set of Bose 700's that I may use from time to time in the Atom, assuming the noise cancelling is good enough.

Mutley

Post by Mutley » Wed May 20, 2020 9:11 pm

Hi Simon,

The clip is from my phone. It nearly fell out of my hand a couple times as that track is quite bumpy, but I wanted to capture that feeling of liberation. ;D .

The head phones are cheap noise-cancelling jobs off Amazon that someone on this site recommended. I've tried a fair few things, but these are pretty good. I'm sure Bose would be better, but I either just press the n/c button for short trips like this one, or connect to Spotify for longer ones. They cut out a lot of low level thrum including the engine, but leave enough to let you know what's going on.

I think going without is bad for the old lug-holes, and although I always keep a a pair of simple ear-plugs for 'guests' which I also sometimes use, these are are a great option. Because they were cheap I sometimes just leave them in the car - no-one has taken them yet!

Mutley

Post by Mutley » Wed May 20, 2020 9:20 pm

Karl V wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:36 pm A car forum with pictures / videos of people out driving cars - who'da thunk it???

So obviously, as an official representative-type person of Ariel.Club, I have been very careful to in no way approve or condone what people get up to with their cars, or even hint at what my personal opinion may be during these challenging times.

But... I don't mind going on record when I say BoJo hasn't exactly helped clarify what is expected from the residents of England (I think Matt Lucas did a better job IMO).

Anywho, if there is a growing desire for some people to exercise in a similarish location at a similarish time and wave at each other on the way, it may be worth switching to an area of the forum that isn't available to the general public.

The change in making the Events section Members Only was introduced late last year to allow such discussions to take place away from all and sundry. Most people on this thread are Club Members, so can still follow the fun if they wish, but it just helps keep people that little bit... safer...

Be Alert! Your country needs lerts.
Count me in Karl. On or off the record in terms of this site. When the day of reckoning comes, I think Neil Fergurson will figure higher than a bunch of Ariel drivers. . .