LED Headlight Kits For Sale

Any model, wanted or for sale...
Cjg62

LED Headlight Kits For Sale

Post by Cjg62 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:06 pm

After considerable interest over the Atomic Mass weekend, I decided to put together a small number kits of my LED headlights.

Each 5 3/4" lamp unit is clamped into a bespoke stainless steel mount that then clamps onto the existing sidelight/indicator stalk having cut off the lamp mounting plate.

All wiring has been pre-prepared to connect to the existing lighting connectors. New connectors are supplied where required. A replacement LED compatible flasher unit is also included.

Fitting should take between one and two hours depending on your ability and will involve removing the front nose cone to enable the wiring to be run along the internal chassis rails.

As well as a flat dip beam and main beam each light also has a "halo" daylight running light and indicators.

The headlight produces a very bright white light (600k) and is a vast improvement over the JCB headlights.

A couple of points to note:
The indicators only work when the ignition is on, so if the hazard flashers are used when the ign. is off, only the rear indicators will flash. Also, there is no side-light, only DRL. However these come on as soon as the ign. is turned on and turn off when the indicator is flashing or the headlights are on.

I have ten sets available at a cost of £475.00 including UK shipping.

If you are interested, please PM me.
Attachments
IMG_5927a.JPG
IMG_6404.JPG

Alex Brandon-Smith

Re: LED Headlight Kits For Sale

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:22 am

Chris, great idea this. I liked the lights a lot. So apart from removing the nose cone, the biggest issue is to remove the tops of the existing headlight light mounts? I assume this would be done with an angle grinder or similar? Anything else need pre-preparing? Else all plug and play?

Cheers

Alex
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

Northnoble

Post by Northnoble » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:41 am

Hi Chris,

Given the ignition dependency, will the lights pass an MOT?

Thanks

smokin

Post by smokin » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:36 am

I can vouch for the quality of these Furore lamps and my only critism is the need for the DRL/side-light to be on for the indicator ring to function. It's not a problem for me as I'm installing them as replacements for the JCB (keeping the rubber boot).

I'm not using them as DRL so the side-light halo ring will come on when the side-lights are turned on, and therefore the indicator halo works only when the side-lights are on. Not a problem for me or MOT as I still have the original 4 indicators for hazard warning.
Attachments
IMG.jpg
20151101_090813.jpg
Atom 2 300, Ginetta G40 GT5 - UK

Cjg62

Post by Cjg62 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:05 am

[quote="Alex BS"]
Chris, great idea this. I liked the lights a lot. So apart from removing the nose cone, the biggest issue is to remove the tops of the existing headlight light mounts? I assume this would be done with an angle grinder or similar? Anything else need pre-preparing? Else all plug and play?

Cheers

Alex
[/quote]

As you say "plug n play", a little weilding of a hacksaw and a file to de-bur the end of the tube and job done!

Chris

Cjg62

Post by Cjg62 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:08 am

[quote="Northnoble"]
Hi Chris,

Given the ignition dependency, will the lights pass an MOT?

Thanks
[/quote]

Mine went through an MOT test a couple of weeks ago, no problem.
Chris

Cjg62

Post by Cjg62 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:36 pm

Some more photos of my LED lights after a bit of spit and polish this afternoon. My car ended up a little mucky yesterday at the NEC driving Dream Rides with the Sporting Bears. All worth it as it is hoped we helped raised in excess of £10K for charity! :vroom:
Chris
Attachments
IMG_4312.JPG
IMG_4311.JPG

Cjg62

Post by Cjg62 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:37 pm

DRL & indicators
Attachments
IMG_4330.JPG
IMG_4327.JPG

Cjg62

Post by Cjg62 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:50 pm

Now available with black powder coated stainless steel brackets.
Attachments
IMG_8748-001.JPG
IMG_8750-001.JPG

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:23 am

Not something i am after but good to see nice after market alternatives. Looks good, a craking conversion for the rubber light cars

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:03 am

Looks pretty good IMO. :tu:

Sadly I am 100% sure that's an MOT fail if the hazards (indicators, front, rear and repeaters) don't work with the ignition off. :(

Fair play if people want to risk the tester missing this, but its important to note as you can't easily re-mount the old front indicators (after they have been sawn off!).

That's me out, and its important to make this clear for other potential customers.
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

Cjg62

Post by Cjg62 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:28 am

[quote="Peter255"]
Looks pretty good IMO. :tu:

Sadly I am 100% sure that's an MOT fail if the hazards (indicators, front, rear and repeaters) don't work with the ignition off. :(

Fair play if people want to risk the tester missing this, but its important to note as you can't easily re-mount the old front indicators (after they have been sawn off!).

That's me out, and its important to make this clear for other potential customers.
[/quote]

Thank you for clarifying this again.

However, my Atom has just passed its second MOT since fitting these lights without a problem. :vroom:

I'd much rather have the added safety benefit of DRL's and decent headlamps.

Thinking about it further, it makes you wonder how the original rubber headlamps ever passed! Surely a headlamp should be rigidly mounted. Mine used to flop around all over the place!!

Perhaps it falls under the same cloud as handbrake, CAT and front number plate . . . . . . . . . . .

911tom

Post by 911tom » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:12 am

I'm not sold on the overall look but get the appeal. You would expect hazards to work with the ignition off. I'm sure this could be achieved easily enough. Is the wiring diagram available and I'll have a look? Leccy is my thing so I am confident there will be a solution. Chris are you bringing your car tomorrow? I'd like to see them in the flesh?
Ariel Atom 4 350hp
Porsche 996 turbo for straight line speed
350BHP Astra van
Porsche cayenne to transport the family

Cjg62

Post by Cjg62 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:47 am

[quote="911tom"]
I'm not sold on the overall look but get the appeal. You would expect hazards to work with the ignition off. I'm sure this could be achieved easily enough. Is the wiring diagram available and I'll have a look? Leccy is my thing so I am confident there will be a solution. Chris are you bringing your car tomorrow? I'd like to see them in the flesh?
[/quote]
Doubtful unless we have a bit of a heatwave! Looking at the weather forecast, it don't look too bad . . . . .
I will bring a set with me though.

911tom

Post by 911tom » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:26 am

I only live down the road so as long as it is dry I have no excuse!

I read through the wiring sheet you posted above and can see the reason why. It can be overcome easily with a couple of relays. Excuse the rough sketch, I do have a proper work to do too lol. If anyone wants me to redraw it or explain anything I will.
Ariel Atom 4 350hp
Porsche 996 turbo for straight line speed
350BHP Astra van
Porsche cayenne to transport the family