Human Engineering- Give it a try!

Entertainment and stuff that has nothing to do with the models themselves...
wattie

Human Engineering- Give it a try!

Post by wattie » Sun May 15, 2011 5:39 pm

We all love engineering of the motoring kind.....but recently I decided to improve and fine tune my Human Engineering.

Over the years I've participated mainly in team sports (football) and loved the challenge and competitive nature of the game. The team spirit and understanding is so essential for success as no individual on his own, no matter how good can influence a game. Football was my early passion and when injury forced me to call it a day 20 years ago I turned to the gym.

At 45, I'm now one of those who could be classed as addicted....if I miss a session....I feel the guilt because I love working out. The hours of weights and cardio do have their benefits.....I can confidently enter any gym anywhere in the world and give people half my age a run for their money.....which is personally motivating and confidence boosting.

So, to push my physical boundaries and for a challenge I decided to enter an International Federation Bodybuilding competition in Cyprus. Mad eh  ???....but I was inspired by Kel who did the same last year with success.

Now, Let's lay down some basic rules and views of mine at this point.

1)As far as I'm concerned "only pedo's wear speedos" and the thought of putting on a pair of budgie smugglers did not fill me with delight.  :H:

2) Secondly, I'm anti drugs and in bodybuilding it's rife. So, as 100% completely natural I went for it. 3 months of intensive (2-3hours per day) training, eating fish, chicken, steak,  steamed vegatables ,brown rice  etc and the occasional glass of wine when it all became too much....some of you may have spotted a post or two of mine after a large glass!

3) Finally, I don't like the "bodybuilding" look. It's clumsy, awkward and not at all healthy. I envy the look of a top class sprinter...or gymnast far more!

And the result, well let me tell you, that by far - the best, most incredible piece of engineering we all posess is our body.  The changes I've seen from a more disciplined approach to training and diet are nothing short of incredible. I leaned up and went from what I thought to be a comfortable 73kg to 64kg and now have re-evaluated that 68kg is more appropriate for me moving forward..........that at least gives me and arse to cushion the blows in an Atom seat.  ;D

The result, an interesting and enjoyable experience.........I finished 2nd in the "Masters" category last night ..........body buildings equivalent of Saga.....over 40's! Let me tell you, regardless of your current physical condition, you can change it with a little determination, hard work and discipline........and your body will react positively and you'll feel healthier and fitter for it! :tu:

Here's a snapshot of my arms post posing.......anyone used a roadmap before???? Subject to demand, I may post some pro pics of the event once they're available. Be inspired, be healthy!

Off for a curry now, Cheers Wattie
Attachments
DSC03241.JPG
Last edited by wattie on Wed May 18, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ragezx14r

Re: Human Engineering-

Post by ragezx14r » Sun May 15, 2011 5:54 pm

Well done that man  8)  Glad to hear your 100% drug free too, thats a rarity. The amount of little big men pumped up when out for a drink in town is comical  :H:

A lad i know can't understand why he can't keep a relationship together without loads of heated arguments. I've told him its 'roid rage but he won't have it. False economy if you ask me  :doh:

After my bike accident as well as losing my right leg my hips were also broken and plated so i can't walk too far on my prosthetic leg without being in pain so struggle to exercise. I do have a handcycle and also bought a multigym to just do upper body but i've now develpoed a hernia below my chest which i'm waiting for an operation on so can't exercise at all now and will have to take it easy after its done as it could relapse.

I could do with losing a couple of stone but with the above restrictions i'm struggling. The wife has me on a diet which is slowly working.

Might try the steriods after all  ;D Joke

Darren

wattie

Re: Human Engineering-

Post by wattie » Sun May 15, 2011 6:30 pm

Hey Darren
It was an interesting experience. Funnily enough, I had to sign a disclaimer or two to enter the competition and it was all in Greek but in amongst it in English in brackets were the words (doping substances). Obviously, we were signing to say we hadn't used any! Although I can't be 100% sure I'm 99% confident that I was the only natural competitor there. It was actually quite satisfying because when I took my shirt off backstage to warm up, I could see them all checking me out....I was so lean and vascular in comparison to the bloated but obviously larger look they all had.

I knew I wouldn't win before I started....but my aim was to be competitive...you simply cannot compete on a muscular size basis with someone that is on gear....but I firmly believe the personal satisfaction is greater. It's a shame that the sport is based on these principles. In my view it's kind of a sign of the times....people look for an easy way to achieve success....without necessarily having done the hard work!

I mentioned before that I'd love the overall look of a gymnast (bit past it now though)  the muscle strength, control and flexibility they posses is awesome......having said that you don't see many 45 year old gymnasts! 

Another thing I'd underestimated was how strenuous the posing is....god it really takes it out of you.....and I'm well up on the cardiovascular exercise too. 

Re the hernia, take it easy. I've learnt to listen to my body over the last few weeks......and react to what it tells me......whether it was to eat a few carbs when I shouldn't or whatever........have a naughty glass of wine or two ;) You've been through an experience few of us can even contemplate and you need time to adjust...take it slowly......life's a marathon not a sprint (unless you're Usain Bolt  ;D )
cheers Wattie

wattie

Re: Human Engineering- Give it a try!

Post by wattie » Thu May 26, 2011 1:28 pm

Got my official pics today and I'm rather proud of them...think this is my favourite.

As i've now retired from professional bodybuilding I have one pair of budgie smugglers for sale, extra large size of course Image

Cheers wattie
Attachments
VON_6662.jpg

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Thu May 26, 2011 1:46 pm

looks like you are trying to curl one out.............. ;D

good effort though

myself, ben  and tom are all pretty well identical to that but have decided not to post pics of our sculpted torsos

cheers

justin
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS

wasp

Post by wasp » Thu May 26, 2011 1:54 pm

Was it chilly that day? ;D

Seriously nuts photo, well done to you :tu: :tu:

Moving swiftly along though, isn't there another member of your household who did something similar? ::)

Cheers,

Stu
Atom 4, Gr Yaris

wattie

Post by wattie » Thu May 26, 2011 2:26 pm

[quote="wasp"]
Moving swiftly along though, isn't there another member of your household who did something similar? ::)
Cheers,
Stu
[/quote]
Correct Stu....my inspiration!

Ok here's one for the Heterosexual brigade.....or 300 owners as they're otherwise known  ;)

Cheers Wattie, still open to offers on the trunks!
Attachments
SCAN0006.JPG

wasp

Post by wasp » Thu May 26, 2011 2:33 pm

:H: :H:

Nuff said.

Cheers,

Stu

p.s Thanks for sharing. You must be asking yourself where your life went so horribly, horribly wrong. ;D
Atom 4, Gr Yaris

wattie

Post by wattie » Thu May 26, 2011 2:35 pm

[quote="jpswift"]
good effort though
myself, ben  and tom are all pretty well identical to that but have decided not to post pics of our sculpted torsos
cheers
justin
[/quote]Cheers Justin, disappointed to hear that the Ariel calender may not be published then!Image

Cheers Wattie

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Thu May 26, 2011 3:20 pm

calendar was just about to go to print last year............. but got pulled at the last minute,  was all down to copyright and taste  issues

was hedges idea to aim it at the thriving gay community

"up and atom" or "skunks in trunks" were the name frontrunners

gutted......maybe next year  ;D

bloody hell, kels got chuffin long legs

cheers

justin
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS

wattie

Post by wattie » Thu May 26, 2011 5:00 pm

[quote="jpswift"]
was hedges idea to aim it at the thriving gay community

"up and atom" or "skunks in trunks" were the name frontrunners

Cheers
justin
[/quote] Brilliant Image
Cheers Wattie

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Thu May 26, 2011 7:10 pm

[quote="jpswift"]

good effort though

cheers

justin

[/quote]

Was just about to make the curling one out comment.  Good effort.

Ben

p.s. I know you mean some other Ben.

wattie

Post by wattie » Thu May 26, 2011 7:46 pm

Cheers Ben
1 last one for the 245 brigade!

Cheers Wattie
Attachments
VON_2974 - Copy.JPG

McFred

Post by McFred » Fri May 27, 2011 6:12 pm

I can look like that.  I just need to get this hangnail caught in a wheat thresher and voila:

Otherwise I'm fine at 13 stone 3 at 195cm.  I'm healthy, comfortable and eating right's a lot easier than spending 3 hours a day in a gym lying in a puddle of other people's sweat.  I used to swim 5km a day and lift weights, held a couple local records that stood for a decade then I realized where I'm going to end up so I don't see the point anymore.  If it's an endorphine/high thing there's a pharmacological solution to that that requires less work.

As for this, I think that's about as attractive as a morbidly obese Southern Belle from Alabama.  To each their own though, keeps life interesting.  :tu:

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Fri May 27, 2011 6:20 pm

Oi -That's Wattie's very own Kel you're dissing there  ???  :o  :H:
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold