Atom 4 owners whatsappgroup

All things Atomic
RicarAtom

Re: Atom 4 owners whatsappgroup

Post by RicarAtom » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:33 pm

Mine is a 3. It would’ve be nice to be in it. Probably lots of info that I’m seeking.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:48 am

Yorkshire wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:08 am It is a great group with banter and photo's but i do think where issues are highlighted and possible solutions discussed this would be far better posted on a forum as they are there for others in the future rather than just been lost in a whatsapp group
speedmachine wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:22 pm We started an atom 4 whatsappgroup, which I think is a nice addition to a forum and facebook and while only for owners also a bit less public than the “available to the world” nature of a forum and facebook.

I experienced this type of group with the Mono and 3-11 and it really was a helpfull source of information.

Owners from all over the world who want to join are welcome to pm me their phonenumber and I’ll add you.
Please add me 17349459521

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:19 pm

It looks like you were not logged in when you posted, so you've posted anonymously as "Guest" and we don't know who you are !

Please log in and then re-post confirmation?
Thanks ..
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:04 pm

So we’re at 70 people now in the group, very nice chat, very dedicated to the Atom 4. PM me your mobile number and if you own a 4 or have one on order I add you to this lovely international group of petrolheads

robfitz

Post by robfitz » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:53 pm

Wake up to 100 messages about Ariel stuff some days 😃
GR Yaris CP for when it rains, Atom 4 for when it doesn’t.

reggaeo

Post by reggaeo » Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:26 pm

Please add me to the A4 whats app

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:19 pm

reggaeo wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:26 pm Please add me to the A4 whats app
Please reply to my whatsapp message first

staffsatom

Post by staffsatom » Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:45 pm

why ????? if you own an ariel 1/2 /3/ 3.5 / 4 what does it matter!!!!! why segregate yourselves from the wealth of knowledge from owners of any Atom.

regards ian

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:56 pm

staffsatom wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:45 pm why ????? if you own an ariel 1/2 /3/ 3.5 / 4 what does it matter!!!!! why segregate yourselves from the wealth of knowledge from owners of any Atom.

regards ian
Because it is called atom 4 owners group, we also have a petrolheadsgroup, where everyone is welcome, why segregate ourselves from the wealth of knowledge from owners of any brand car.
There’s a nomad group, a mono group, 3-11 group etc

Toilet Duck

Post by Toilet Duck » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:15 pm

I can see why the WhatsApp atom 4 group would be so popular, I get that info will be shared quickly and answers obtained quickly amongst members on the chat. In many respects, it's clearly superior to this online forum.

However, I think it's another nail in the coffin for this online owners club forum. As a 3 owner with no plans at the moment to change to a 4, there is no point me joining (indeed I wouldn't "qualify" as I'm not a 4 owner or have one on order, I'm effectively excluded). But without 4 discussions being posted here, there is no way to see what issues/problems etc are coming up/being resolved etc, or just keeping across owner experience or learning about the 4 in more depth. I think that's a shame. Might as well start a WhatsApp atom 3 group for current owners and reap the obvious benefits, sack the online forum off.

I fully get why the WhatsApp group makes sense and if I was a 4 owner I'd want to be part of it, so don't think I'm being negative about it, it's just progress I guess. But there is a definite down side.

Yorkshire

Post by Yorkshire » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:31 pm

I do hope the forum continues and whilst i am a member of the whats app group i would guess that over 80% of the messages sent are NOT Atom 4 related. Tow cars, trailers, private plates, previous cars, watches all spring to mind
My Atom 4 is nearing the end of quite a lot of development work through 2022.
Once its complete and tested it will be this forum on which i will share the details.
Far superior for useful information that anybody can view in the future

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:51 pm

The main reason for the enclosed group to exist really is because lots of owners just dont use the forum and if they do, they dont want to expose failures on their car as they want to sell it at some point. In a group amongst owners thats different. Also answers to urgent questions are present in seconds or minutes instead of days.

Believe me, I am a forum user for 12 years and a lot of group members are nót active on the forum, or they made an account to send me a pm

Forum and whatsapp really are very different media, one is quick and easy and always present, the other is slow but patient. One can search where this is not possible on a group.

When I have a build or new car incoming I like to share this on the forum, when I want to know why the hell the stupid car doesnt start i post a quick video in the whatsapp group and 5 seconds later my answer is there.

In the last case it makes no sense to use a forum as I want to drive off. In the first case its the other way around, if you post something, 1 hour later it is out of sight.

Atomboy4

Post by Atomboy4 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:20 pm

speedmachine wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:56 pm
staffsatom wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:45 pm why ????? if you own an ariel 1/2 /3/ 3.5 / 4 what does it matter!!!!! why segregate yourselves from the wealth of knowledge from owners of any Atom.

regards ian
Because it is called atom 4 owners group, we also have a petrolheadsgroup, where everyone is welcome, why segregate ourselves from the wealth of knowledge from owners of any brand car.
There’s a nomad group, a mono group, 3-11 group etc
Pm sent

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:10 pm

As said above, at least 80% of whats discussed on this WhatsApp group is not Atom 4 or even Ariel related. However, there are some real gems of information in there for current and waiting Atom 4 owners, and as Speedmachine says you pretty much get an instant answer if you ask a question.

It is still a pity that these gems can't be somehow included in this forum, or say discussion of the merits of various tracks included here for novice trackday drivers, or non atom 4 owners. The WhatsApp group can also drive you nuts some days with notifications for 100 plus messages a day.

We have knowledge spread over multiple social media channels now, and I wonder if there is a way to somehow streamline it? We already a small community, and chopping it up, I don't think helps anybody. I would suggest most should be members of the club, which should be a broad church covering most owner interests, and enhancing the enjoyment of their Ariel?

Yorkshire

Post by Yorkshire » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:29 pm

I don't think it would take a lot of effort for members of the whats app group to start a post on the forum where a specific issue raises its head and due to the speed of the replies a solution is found that could then be posted on here for others to access in the future.

I'm thinking more brake issues (there already are various threads) cooling issues (again there are existing threads) but bits get mentioned re clutch sensors not triggering re sequential boxes, dash switches failing due to water ingress

If these were documents we may have a better chance of finding a documented solution on here and at the same time preserve the forum