New Website Discussion

Tips and useful information relating specifically to the use of the forum.
drj

Re: New Website Discussion

Post by drj » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:55 pm

That might explain the two in Gloucester - since Cheltenham has a GL postcode and I'm several miles away from the marker too. Perhaps it's just using the first two letters?

Sir Nick

Post by Sir Nick » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm not showing up at all (Chipping Sodbury) and my details and post code are correct in my account??

[quote="Yorkshire"]
I would guess those you know with Atoms haven't set up there address details within the forum.

I just went into the members tab and then into Update account. When i changed my post code surprise surprise my location on the map changed.

Hope this helped  ;D
[/quote]
Atom 3.5R, Black+Red flashes, CF front & rear wings, CF bonnet & mud guards.  Bristol

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:26 am

I've done some tests and it's using the Town field to determine where to place the pointer.

It ignores the postcode completely (probably because that would pinpoint your garage to within 100 yards!)

I put Chipping Sodbury in the Town field and left my street and postcode as per my Beds address and it moved my pointer to Chipping Sodbury - You do need to click refresh on the map page if you have it open in a separate window.

I did spot that if I put Dumfries (Scotland) as the Town and left County as Bedfordshire it removed the marker, so there is some logic built in, it's just a tad flawed!

This is probably standard Google and nothing to do with this web site.
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Sir Nick

Post by Sir Nick » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:40 am

Thanks John, that sorted it!  Town is the marker field.
Atom 3.5R, Black+Red flashes, CF front & rear wings, CF bonnet & mud guards.  Bristol

drj

Post by drj » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:36 am

... so would the other person in Gloucester please reveal themselves!  :)