Re: Lust and Desire.

Post by wattie » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:01 pm

David and Goliath.
Attachments
DSC03727 - Copy.JPG

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:34 pm

Nice :tu: Saw one of those GT's on the M6 a few days ago in white :o with black wheels O0, I had to drop the window down for a listen :tu:

It didn't disappoint ...

wattie

Post by wattie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:47 pm

Not a big fan of white cars generally but it really suits the GT....black wheels are often mirrored with black body styling inserts.....side skirts, spoliers etc..... tasty  :drool:

Noise is incredible.....without question one of the most incredible sounding cars on the road today.....

Cheers Wattie

wattie

Post by wattie » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Pissed off. Kel got me a custom outdoor cover for the Mazza for my Christmas present.

We've got rain here at mo so I thought great, chrissie present time.

Put it on and it looks like it's been designed for another car!....fits nicely from the back to the wing mirrors and from there on it goes completely Pete Tong....too short, too tight, not enough fabric.....half way up the front valence.

So much for tailor made....annoying >:(

Anyone recommend a company that can actually fabricate something that fits......and be confident it will?

This one  is heading back on Monday......

Cheers Wattie

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:06 pm

http://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/store/product.php?productid=17870&cat=431&page=1

Try these, Wattie. I've one on the Porker and it's the muts nuts. Bit toppy at Euro 300 but you get what you pay for with covers, I've found over the years. They do cheaper alternatives but this ADVAN-TEX stuff really works. It also fits v tight.

Cheers, Hedge

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:18 pm

I have one of the outdoor covers from "cover your car" for the Atom, nice quality but loose fitting tho, as you say quite expensive,
Keith

wattie

Post by wattie » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:23 pm

[quote="Hedge"]

Try these, Wattie. I've one on the Porker and it's the muts nuts. Bit toppy at Euro 300 but you get what you pay for with covers, I've found over the years. They do cheaper alternatives but this ADVAN-TEX stuff really works. It also fits v tight.

Cheers, Hedge
[/quote]
Hedge that looks top drawer.
Compare it with this.....tailor made my ass....

just as well It wasn't a suit.....with that sort of front i'd be in big trouble.

Cheers Wattie
Attachments
DSC03734.jpg

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:06 pm

She obviously got it from the same place your budgie smugglers came from....couldn't resist :)

l33haw

Post by l33haw » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:15 pm

[quote="Hedge"]

Cheers, Hedge
[/quote]

I can vouch for these too. Had the Atom outside under it from March- Nov last year at it was faultless.

wattie

Post by wattie » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:17 pm

[quote="Stew Bartley"]
She obviously got it from the same place your budgie smugglers came from....couldn't resist :)
[/quote]
Not quite as high cut as the budgies Stew......

Cheers Wattie the soprano.

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:34 pm

Stew Bartley wrote: She obviously got it from the same place your budgie smugglers came from....couldn't resist :)
;D Beat me to it......

It was this quote that give it away for me
completely Pete Tong....too short, too tight, not enough fabric.....half way up the front valence.

So much for tailor made....annoying

Aarggh..... the life of a super car owner..... :tu: ;D

wattie

Post by wattie » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:44 pm

And so too a little update on life with the Maserati Granturismo S.

Almost 76 hours of driving at an average speed of less than 30mph!!

We’ve covered 2274.25 miles together and have averaged 15.58miles per gallon.

So that’ll be around 146 Gallons of fuel………not cheap….don’t wanna do the maths on that one…..

Know what, I’ve never had so much fun driving so slowly. This car is astonishingly capable and has so far exceeded my expectations. It’s very quick, comfortable, relatively practical, holds 4 adults when needed, has a great  Bose sound system. The manual paddle shift is excellent…..I never use auto, that tends to be a little slow on changes….not R8 slow….but enough to annoy.

Very simply the Maserati makes you feel special every single time you get in it. Value for money.... :tu: from me.

The Atom is without question the most photographed car in Cyprus. The looks it gets are of astonishment and disbelief…..

The Maserati draws as much attention….but the looks are of envy. It has so much road presence and IMO is truly beautiful from every angle.

To top it all off….there’s that noise. It has to be one of the greatest sounds on the road today…pure petrol head pantomime……

Little link to the experience below…..enjoy.

Maserati Music From the Granturismo S

Cheers Wattie

Ps Bored, nothing to do one day…get yourself down your local Mazza dealer and blag a test drive in an MC shift GTS. You won’t regret it…..leave your wallet at home though.
Attachments
DSC03791.JPG

wattie

Post by wattie » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:39 am

Recent Drive
Cheers Wattie

Maserati Granturismo S Mountain Road

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:33 am

They've not banned you using that bit of road yet then Wattie !  >:D

Looks great fun ..

If you could get a remote mic and stick it at the back like the first video, it'd be superb.

I can't believe that some of the supercars are now playing audio in the cabin to get that sound - How chav is that?
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

l33haw

Post by l33haw » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:56 am

[quote="John Scherrer"]
They've not banned you using that bit of road yet then Wattie !  >:D

I can't believe that some of the supercars are now playing audio in the cabin to get that sound - How chav is that?
[/quote]

Im glad someone else thinks this, the new M5 does it. Shocking! I know it shouldn't matter (and it probably can be argued manufacturers engineer engine/exhaust noise, so piping in audio isn't that far removed), but as a petrolhead it just doesn't sit well.

As for the Masser, it sounds awesome naturally! It's surely worth the fuel bills alone!