Australian Atom - are we getting close?

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...
Hedge

Re: Australian Atom - are we getting close?

Post by Hedge » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:40 pm

I'm in Geneva tomorrow for about 20 mins! Before I transfer to Morzine  :D
Cheers,
Hedge

wattie

Post by wattie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 pm

We're there sat and Sunday before flying back to sunny cyprus via Frankfurt.you guys around? Cheers Wattie

payne

Post by payne » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:54 am

I heard a rumor of a few *very* serious stroker race motors being built for Atoms in Australia.  Presumably track cars.  Anyone know anything more?

wattie

Post by wattie » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:26 pm

[quote="wattie"]
We're there sat and Sunday before flying back to sunny cyprus via Frankfurt.you guys around? Cheers Wattie
[/quote]
Bloody hell, Geneva is SERIOUSLY expensive AND seriously dull.........seen more life in a morgue  ???

Wouldn't recommend it as anything other than a short stopover........surprised me really....thought it would have a lot more to offer  :td:

Cheers wattie and Kel

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:37 pm

"I heard a rumor of a few *very* serious stroker race motors being built for Atoms in Australia"

Not sure if this is what you are referring to - Follow Gage's thread for info on this ..

http://www.arielatomchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142&p=660&hilit=k20a#p660
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

xr_ated

Post by xr_ated » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:35 pm

I watched the V8 Atom on Top Gear last night.  ;D

Why won't the fun Police let us have one

Rabbit

Post by Rabbit » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:49 pm

There is someone on a local forum claiming to be able to supply these to the aussie market!!!

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/british-cars/ariel-atom-16.120.html

Yeehhaa!!!
Attachments
atom local.jpg

wisp

Post by wisp » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:10 pm

[quote="Rabbit"]
There is someone on a local forum claiming to be able to supply these to the aussie market!!!

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/british-cars/ariel-atom-16.120.html

Yeehhaa!!!

[/quote]

1. That picture is of a completely rebuilt older Atom 2 that has been modified during the rebuild and then complied under the Independently Constructed Vehicle rules.  http://www.jaydeequantum.com.au/
   It's not a current production model from Ariel. In fact it appears to be the old OWI NZ demo car that was crashed and written off at Pukekohe Raceway.

2. I see there is a new poster on the Aussie forum saying "They are already here and already registered... If anyone wants one, let me know as I am selling them" but he then posts "Car is not far from registration"
   Unfortunately we've heard that tune before. Too many times. It would be fantastic if it were true but until someone can post that they have fully complied cars ready for sale and are prepare to give details I won't get excited.

....and of course it is April 1st in this part of the world, already.
Last edited by wisp on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

xr_ated

Post by xr_ated » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:31 am

What ever happened to IMG.  They were going to have the Atom on the road by Easter  ;D

This new mob have appeared from nowhere and now claim to have the car ready to go yet there are no details.

Jaydee look like they are marketing an Atom copy that you build under their supervision.  No sure how this will pass copyright

xr_ated

Post by xr_ated » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Looks like my dream of owning an Atom are gone.  IMG don't even return emails about the status of the Australian Atom or to drop in and see the car they are working on.

I wish I knew what the problem was that prevents the Atom from getting approval for Australia.  How many years did it take to get a man on the moon?  How many years have they been working on an Australian Atom?

Osky

Post by Osky » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:49 am

I resume this old post because I'm in Australia for a business trip.

I'm in Sydney now until friday 7 of March.
Then I'll move to Adelaide until Thursday 13 of March (with a little tour on Kangaroo Island).
Then came back to Sydney for only 2 days untill 15 of March.
On friday, I'll came back to Italy.

Is someone near?

Ciao
Osky