First Chinese Atom?

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...
benyeats

Re: First Chinese Atom?

Post by benyeats » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:42 am

[quote="Curator"]
Ben,PLEASE! I never said all Chinese products are rubbish. Only the motorized vehicles I have sampled have been..questionable.  We are not talking computers or electronics.

We are discussing the building of an Ariel Atom.
[/quote]

Fair doos, I have re-read your posts and apologise for taking them the wrong way.  However Atoms aside there has been an undercurrent in this thread of made in China = cr@p which is something I don't agree with.

Ben

ross

Post by ross » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:04 am

Agree.

I struggle to find much in my house these days that isn't made in China and I'm pretty sure that it's not all crap.  It's the plastic kiddy toys from China that do my head in most though.

Thankfully I have some proper German engineering in the garage - although I can't say I've been massively impressed with the GS's build quality.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:55 am

I am not condemning Chinese products on a whole.  I have a set of Eagle connecting rods in two of my engines. During the course of a week,I will install dozens of "made in China" components on my customers cars. Most are top shelf.

What I am saying is I have not been impressed with the overall build quality of finished Chinese motorized vehicles. This is purely based on what I have personally experienced.

Until I have seen a top notch example of a high quality vehicle from China,I will remain skeptical.

Hyundai has earned my respect in this manner.  Kia is getting close.

I do wish ArielChina the best of luck. Respect is something that is earned.You build a reputation on what you do,not what you say. :tu:

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:10 am

could someone work me out a price for 4 x 300bhp RHD atoms squeezed into a shipping container from china  and delivered to high wycombe  ;D

this time next year rodders...............

Ta very much

justin
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:05 pm

^Let's see you put your money where your mouth is.

Once you take delivery of your Chinese Atoms, I expect a full report. ;D
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wisp

Post by wisp » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:51 pm

I don't know why the focus in this thread has to center around cheap knock-offs of the Atom when they already exist. I do believe there is already a motorcycle powered vehicle that crudely resembles an Atom that is made in the same part of the world. So what?

China seriously whats to play on the world motorsport stage. E.g. A1 Team China, an F1 round at Shanghai, etc. I thought that the Atom in China was to play part in a motorsports series that would provide feedback for Ariel.

I see that Arielchina mentioned the other company divisions included an automobile engineering college and a driving school. To me that doesn't really spell mass production or knock-offs. Good luck I say.

wisp

Post by wisp » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:16 pm

[quote="arielchina"]
Bolus, I was trying to post some pictures, but the file is quite rather large. The website it only allowed 128 KB. If you donâ??t mind, I have sent it to your E-Mail.
Thanks.

[/quote]

Peter, you can link an image from another site without uploading it.

This topic tells you how.... http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/topic,1257.0.html

The result is this....

Image Image

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:54 pm

The result is a 12 year old cross dressing boy standing in front of atoms?  I don't know that I like that.. it might be better to upload next time....

DADOH

Post by DADOH » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:14 pm

If that's a boy  :drool: I could be converted to bat for the other side  ;)

Nice display stand you have there Peter  :tu:

wisp

Post by wisp » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:23 pm

[quote="DarthChicken"]
The result is a 12 year old cross dressing boy standing in front of atoms?  I don't know that I like that.. it might be better to upload next time....
[/quote]

Hey Darth,
Not all the world's women live on a diet of Macs, hot dogs and beer. Just for you here's an upload instead of a link.  :P  ;)
Attachments
Chicken_Hawk.jpg
Chicken_Hawk.jpg (32.38 KiB) Viewed 2072 times
Last edited by wisp on Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:20 pm

And yet.. those pictures have not made it into the "2009 women and atoms category" pictures.

This is a woman

this is a woman

http://www.ariel-atom.hu/hr.php?id=30

This is a 12 year old boy playing dressup - no hips, no chest, and lots of makup.

If (s)he was wearing a shirt and jeans, with no makeup on, and put a ballcap on to hide the hair, you'd think it was short round.

wisp

Post by wisp » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:32 pm

[quote="DarthChicken"]
And yet.. those pictures have not made it into the "2009 women and atoms category" pictures.

[/quote]

It's up to the owner to post them in that section. I notice Calscot's pictures are not there either. The ginga in his photos is pretty lean.  :drool: I'm just trying to imagine her (the ginga) with shirt, jeans, no makeup, and a ballcap. Now I have to go lay down..

Todka

Post by Todka » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:50 pm

Looks like we are still rating Chinese to British made.

I give the cute chinese girl a build quality of 6, and a finish of 8.
The blondie gets a build quality of 7 and a finish of 7.

Ride quality can only be assessed by the owners.

Looks like the Chinese made are as good as the British.

:pop:

Driver

Post by Driver » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:20 pm

There were 2 other Chinese women in that photo. We never get a proper look at them so we can dissect them to within a inch. What's up with that?  ;)

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:29 pm

[quote="Todka"]
Looks like we are still rating Chinese to British made.

I give the cute chinese girl a build quality of 6, and a finish of 8.
The blondie gets a build quality of 7 and a finish of 7.

Ride quality can only be assessed by the owners.

Looks like the Chinese made are as good as the British.

[/quote]

Except I think the British made one is actually New Zelandish ;)

Ben