AtomFest DVD

EricHowe

AtomFest DVD

Post by EricHowe » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:23 am

My copy of the AtomFest DVD arrived today and bloody good it is too. It brought back a load of great memories and friendships made and really wetted my appetite for the next one.
a big thank you once again to Randy and his team for an amazing event. Certainly my best weekend of 2007. :) :) :) :) :)

Alec

Re: AtomFest DVD

Post by Alec » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:25 pm

I'm sure I pre-ordered one so hopefully it's winging it's way here as we talk (or is that type?).
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Driver

Post by Driver » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:22 pm

Widescreen or 4:3 ratio? I'm hoping for WS cinematic enthrallment. :)

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:12 pm

[quote="Alec"]
I'm sure I pre-ordered one so hopefully it's winging it's way here as we talk (or is that type?).
[/quote]

Alec - Your DVD went out in the first batch, along with one each to the Club and Ariel Motor Company. UK DVDs are PAL encoded and actually hold a bit more material, so they have a bonus submenu containing several pre-AtomFest promotional videos.

I'm eager to hear from you on the function of the PAL DVDs since I don't have a native PAL DVD player here other than my Mac (on which they played fine). All UK DVDs have the Union Jack artwork -

Alec

Post by Alec » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:25 am

[quote="1965Cobra427"]
[quote="Alec"]
[/quote]

Alec - Your DVD went out in the first batch, along with one each to the Club and Ariel Motor Company. UK DVDs are PAL encoded and actually hold a bit more material, so they have a bonus submenu containing several pre-AtomFest promotional videos.

I'm eager to hear from you on the function of the PAL DVDs since I don't have a native PAL DVD player here other than my Mac (on which they played fine). All UK DVDs have the Union Jack artwork -

[/quote]

Thanks Randy, I'll keep an eye out for my postman (which shouldn't be hard as I can see his house from mine) then I'll let you know how it plays.

It's a pity that it'll have the Union Jack artwork as I'm actually in view on the other version.  :(

Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:56 am

[quote="Alec"]

It's a pity that it'll have the Union Jack artwork as I'm actually in view on the other version.  :(
[/quote]

I'm sure a man of your talents can create the lable you want Alec.

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:49 pm

[quote="Alec"]
[quote="1965Cobra427"]
[quote="Alec"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks Randy, I'll keep an eye out for my postman (which shouldn't be hard as I can see his house from mine) then I'll let you know how it plays.

[/quote]

That could be quite good in Where's Wally's next book.

Alec

Post by Alec » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:32 pm

[quote="Dext37 Fielding"]
That could be quite good in Where's Wally's next book.
[/quote]

But the Wally wasn't there as you didn't go to AtomFest Dex.  ;D

Alec

Post by Alec » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:11 pm

I take it that this DVD was good viewing but I wouldn't know as mine still hasn't arrived yet.

The first must have been lost in the mail so a second one was sent through the factory for 'safety' but it seems to have been taken home and can't be found.  :-\

I'll hardly recognise anyone on it by the time I see it as you'll all be as old as me by then.  ;)

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:42 am

[quote="Alec"]
I take it that this DVD was good viewing but I wouldn't know as mine still hasn't arrived yet.[/quote]

I'd be glad to bring one with me when I come over for the summer road trip - just let me know so I can arrange with Randy to get a PAL version for you.

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:52 am

[quote="Alec"]

The first must have been lost in the mail so a second one was sent through the factory for 'safety' but it seems to have been taken home and can't be found.  :-\

[/quote]

??? I can't believe they nabbed it! (I sent them 2 or 3) I'll burn one and get it to Terry.

Alec

Post by Alec » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:18 pm

[quote="1965Cobra427"]
[quote="Alec"]

[/quote]

??? I can't believe they nabbed it! (I sent them 2 or 3) I'll burn one and get it to Terry.
[/quote]

Thanks for that.  :tu:

Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I've been at the North West Motor Show with the Atom  all day being rained on so I've been warming up and drying out since I got back.  :(

I'm hoping the weather's a bit better tomorrow as I'm back there again.