Nitron Dampers

Ultrasound

Nitron Dampers

Post by Ultrasound » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:15 pm

I see they do a number of kits for the Atom. Anyone got any experience?

hondahamster

Re: Nitron Dampers

Post by hondahamster » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:20 pm

Yeah Ultrasound, nitrons are very good on the atom, for a new set of springs. Actually here in the USA, Shinoo actually created a new shocks and springs kit for the atom from nitrons. And my brother(Fiesty) has them on his atom and so does shinoo. They are very good, they can be 10 way adjustable(rebound too), and it can be very smooth and stiff for the road, or change to hard for the track. For sure go to Shinoo, and he will definately tell you more and get the right ones. :tu:  Sector111.com
-HaSmter ;D -Hope this helped! ??? :angel:

Ultrasound

Post by Ultrasound » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:26 am

Hey, thanks for the reply.  Very interested in going down this route.

stupot

Post by stupot » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:47 pm

I've had a set for the last 2000 miles and very impressed with both the quality and their service. Original damping not 100% for a UK Atom 2 on PBBC as they based the kit on Shinoo's experience with the USA Atom on RBBC. It's way too stiff at the moment but am either going to get them re-valued or fit PBBC over the winter. If you go for a set them mention which rockers you have and they will adjust the valving accordingly.

Stu
Atom 2 160 (05-11) / Atom 3 245 (12-19 ) / Nomad 300 (22-)

LEE

Post by LEE » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:56 pm

Ultrasound wrote: I see they do a number of kits for the Atom. Anyone got any experience?
having a set these made for my atom.  click the link  http://www.blackartdesigns.com/suspensi ... sion_r.htm

PaulF

Post by PaulF » Thu May 14, 2020 7:46 am

Any idea how the Nitrons compare to the Öhlins? There's quite a price difference.

Anon

Post by Anon » Thu May 14, 2020 11:59 am

I looked at Nitron a while ago - but never tried them. From the research I did, many people, bikers, racers etc compare them to Ohlins and from what I read they are very good. They also now manufacture for bikes. The thing I like about Ohlins is the inline reservoir. I believe the Nitron shocks only have a piggyback option. Also, Ariel don't directly sell Nitrons, so I went for Ohlins for my 4. I have always had cheaper shocks like intrax so looking forward to trying out some premium ones.