Brakes

David Ryan

Brakes

Post by David Ryan » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:55 am

Whilst ordering my Atom last week, I was talking to Simon about brakes. He was telling me that MC has Alcons all round but at present this means that he can't have a hand brake. Simon said that he was encouraging Alcon to make a rear unit that would have the hand brake gubbins on it and it was possible that by the time my car was in build, they may be available.

I may be tempted to have Alcons alll round and live without the brake, but with an open car it would only take some numpty to fiddle with the gear stick and she'd be off down the road!

Bruce Fielding

Re: Brakes

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:07 am

MC will be using his car on track almaost exclusively, so it makes sense for him (and the Badgers who have the same setup) to not worry about the handbrake.

Frankly, unless you're a racing driver (or at least very quick), you probably don't need alcons at the rear.

As I always say, the great thing about the Atom is that upgrading is easy - if you hate something, change something - hey that's Honda!
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Monza

Re: Brakes

Post by Monza » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:30 am

To park a Atom in a public place, i think that's necessary to :
. put a gear
. put the handbrake on, if there is one
. put out the steering wheel
But it's not enougth because a stupid guy can put the gear and handbrake off ...
So put a motorbike anti-theft cable on a wheel to the chassis :  the car can perhaps move on some centimetres but not more !
Jean-Pascal
Jean-Pascal
Atom 3.5 310 Honda LHD