where do I prop my atom up

beanorat

where do I prop my atom up

Post by beanorat » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:29 pm

while I take the wheels with me to put Yokohama's on to replace the now knackered Formula R's
I've got 2 paddock stands, one large pneumatic jack and loads of bricks

any budding car thieves up on where to put the bricks??

oh and a plug for the factory, after the problems at the Atom training day ( car fuelling problem) they have worked very hard to solve the fault and the car is now running very well it seems ;D

AtomFun

Re: where do I prop my atom up

Post by AtomFun » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:32 pm

[quote="beanorat"]
oh and a plug for the factory, after the problems at the Atom training day ( car fuelling problem) they have worked very hard to solve the fault and the car is now running very well it seems ;D
[/quote]
Any idea what the problem was as it seems you weren't alone in experiencing the problem?

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:37 pm

[quote="beanorat"]
while I take the wheels with me to put Yokohama's on to replace the now knackered Formula R's
I've got 2 paddock stands, one large pneumatic jack and loads of bricks

any budding car thieves up on where to put the bricks??

[/quote]

I hope you asked for your AAOC club member's labour charge discount, Ian!

Rule of thumb is bricks go under frame with frame protected from bruising by cardboard or thick material. Step one: Buy two more paddock stands, or come and nick a pair off me. Step two, at the back, jack up at suspension mounts and then insert stands below number plate. Step three, at the front, jack up as close to the frame and suspension mount as possible, protecting the suspension arm with cardboard or similar. Then insert stands at frame. Remember the frame stops about a foot and a half behind the tip of the nose!
Last edited by Bruce Fielding on Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:38 pm

That's GREAT!!!

As I was preparing that last post, as I went to post it, the software told me another post had been made in the meantime and showed it to me...

I LOVE this stuff!
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

beanorat

Post by beanorat » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:44 pm

thats odd my post which was in reply to what was the problem, vanished when Bruce's reply came up

thanks Bruce

the actual fuelling problem was the throttle potentiometer ( ?? I'm a technical numpty), the car couldn't properly recognise the messages about what the throttle was doing

they changed the ECU, checked fuel pressure and various other things, then after testing the effect of each change took it apart again to make the final change which sorted it, it seems