Wheels and tyres

Sir Nick

Re: Wheels and tyres

Post by Sir Nick » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:52 pm

I'm going to try the Kumho on my 3.5R. Stu convinced me when I saw him at Castle Combe. He said they stick like s**t and last for 10,000 mile, else he would by me a new set :P

wasp

Post by wasp » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:52 pm

Sir Nick wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:52 pm I'm going to try the Kumho on my 3.5R. Stu convinced me when I saw him at Castle Combe. He said they stick like s**t and last for 10,000 mile, else he would by me a new set :P
Huh!!! What????
Oh sure, no problem!!

All claims under this warranty are being underwritten by Mr S Rooke, c/o Ariel Motors to whom all correspondence should be addressed! ;D

Not sure about how long they last but they are looking at doing nearly double the A048's as we stand. The grip once warmed is bloody ace though!

You'll really notice the difference at Spa Nick, I'll look forward to catching up with you there. :)

Cheers,
Stu

Sir Nick

Post by Sir Nick » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:53 pm

"You'll really notice the difference at Spa Nick, I'll look forward to catching up with you there. :)"

Can't wait Stu, should be an awesome 2 days! 8)

Winmoz

Post by Winmoz » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:28 pm

Read this thread with interest. Have always run my silly little cars on R888s (and even vapourosed a set on a silly bigger car along the way) so was, for some reason, expecting to see them on the 3.5 when I picked it up last week. Not sure why, as I knew that standard track day Yokos would be on the car a specced.
Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised at their ability to cope with some standing water and to find good posh grip in the wet. In similar conditions in a Seven on 888s I have had some sweary moments.

Now I need to get on track and see what the AOs are like when given a proper beasting. Having read this thread should I be asking myself why I did not get the factory to fit Kuhmos instead?

Cheers

Steve