ECU read/write tools.

Martindms

ECU read/write tools.

Post by Martindms » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:07 pm

Hi. Has anyone located any kind read/write hardware for the atom 2 ECU ? Does anyone know whether any tool that will read Honda will work any info would be great

Thanks

smokin

Re: ECU read/write tools.

Post by smokin » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:14 pm

Factory does an OBD kit and then you can use one of the many readers out there. The Hondata ECUs are factory fitted with K100 boards but can be upgraded to Kpro giving you datalogging and remapping access
Atom 2 300, Ginetta G40 GT5 - UK

Toilet Duck

Post by Toilet Duck » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:31 pm

[quote="smokin"]
The Hondata ECUs are factory fitted with K100 boards but can be upgraded to Kpro giving you datalogging and remapping access
[/quote]

Hi smokin, is this upgrade a physical change of components/board within the ECU, or just a software flash for Kpro? Does this apply to Atom 3?

Cheers
Atom 3 300

Martindms

Post by Martindms » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:36 pm

[quote="smokin"]
Factory does an OBD kit and then you can use one of the many readers out there. The Hondata ECUs are factory fitted with K100 boards but can be upgraded to Kpro giving you datalogging and remapping access
[/quote]

You mean physically adding an obd2 port? I can do this if I know the pin out... Okay so K100 is like a piggy back on the Honda ECU to allow the deletion of certain sensors that are not needed and cater for the charger. Do u have a link for this Kpro upgrade ? Do you know if it comes with software to enable reading and writing of the ECU ? If not do you recommend and tool ?

Thank you

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:43 pm

Kpro's are fitted by Hondata or one of their approved suppliers - you might find a pin out on the tinterweb somewhere though. Can't imagine it being much different to factory Honda PRB Ecu etc as like you say it's only a piggy back PCB.
I could find the factory pinouts I think from my hondacom if Honda part number on ECU.

Stew
Last edited by AtomMadStew on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smokin

Post by smokin » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:04 pm

Atom 2 300, Ginetta G40 GT5 - UK

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:15 pm

The new hondata boards have bluetooth on board and lots of other bits too...so you can use the hondata app on your phone/tablet to connect to the ecu remotely.

Has digital inputs/outputs, vss signal, multi dash support, canbus & able to tune using ethanol etc. The phone app looks good too

It's called the Kpro4

Stew
Last edited by AtomMadStew on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martindms

Post by Martindms » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:49 pm

[quote="Stew Bartley"]
Kpro's are fitted by Hondata themselves - you might find a pin out on the tinterweb somewhere though. Can't imagine it being much different to factory Honda PRB Ecu etc as like you say it's only a piggy back PCB.
I could find the factory pinouts I think from my hondacom if Honda part number on ECU.

Stew
[/quote]

Okay thanks Stu i have sent the factory an email about a retro fit kit if cheap enough.

thanks

Martindms

Post by Martindms » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:50 pm

[quote="Stew Bartley"]
The new hondata boards have bluetooth on board and lots of other bits too...so you can use the hondata app on your phone/tablet to connect to the ecu remotely.

Has digital inputs/outputs, able to tune using ethanol etc. The phone app looks good.

It's called the Kpro4

Stew
[/quote]

and this still retro fits to the original AA2 ECU?

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:23 pm

I should think so - phoning a uk supplier/fitter will confirm.
Someone like TDI North or CPL racing maybe.

See smokin's reply for the pinouts above.

Here's a video of how they install/piggyback inside your original ecm.

http://youtu.be/cDJ6vLNDp3o

Stew.
Last edited by AtomMadStew on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martindms

Post by Martindms » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:19 am

[quote="smokin"]
Both these firms will upgrade the K100 to Kpro (board swap) and you get the windows s/w to map your heart out. These are for Atom 2, not sure about 3.

http://tdi-north.myshopify.com/collections/honda-civic-01-05-ecu-electronics/products/hondata-kpro4-ecu-upgrade-supplied-setup-and-fully-dyno-tuned
http://www.cplracing.co.uk/products.php?productid=25

See here for pin outs for OBD
http://www.atomclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,15569.msg269554.html#msg269554
[/quote]

Thankyou for these links u will get in the phone today !!

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:06 am

We won't fit !  ;D

Thought my typing was bad ..  :D
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Martindms

Post by Martindms » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:00 pm

[quote="John Scherrer"]
We won't fit !  ;D

Thought my typing was bad ..  :D
[/quote]

Haha bloody iPhone predictive text !!

s2kseven

Post by s2kseven » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:05 pm

Too many variations of K20 I can't figure which ecu or piggyback will work to my Honda ecu.
In my case I have a K20z3  equipped with drive by wire. The honda engine pinnout in UK and in the U.S. a bit different. I've been looking for a direct plug and play (no wiring job needed)  piggyback or standalone ecu for my K20z3 but nothing was available out there. Aem don't have an standalone for K20 drive by wire but Motec has one but it will cost your kidney,

The best solution i did was, to buy the Honda Flashpro ($600.) http://i58.tinypic.com/2n8ah42.jpg
Simply plug it to the OBDII port and start configuring or mapping your ecu (aspirated, turbocharged or supercharged). When done mapping at the dyno, simply unplug it...done.

I don't know if Flashpro will work to the UK honda ecu.