Factory pedal position

super_fandango

Factory pedal position

Post by super_fandango » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:49 am

Morning all,

Due to the height of the previous owner, the brake and clutch cylinder push-rods had been shortened on my 3.5 to allow the pedal position to accommodate his legs.

I've now got around to fitting replacement clutch and brake cylinders, but want to double-check the factory distance between the brake pedal and throttle pedal.
Measuring from the middle of the brake pedal pad surface to the throttle pedal is now a drop of 6.4mm (2 1/4").

I'm hoping it's clear from the picture, but it's measured from the straight edge to the hole below the 2nd throttle mount bolt.

If someone has a later car that uses the same Tilton pedal box, then any comparative measurements will be appreciated, which will allow me to get back to factory specification as a good starting point.   

Thanks,

Matt
Attachments
IMG-20150719-00023.jpg

super_fandango

Re: Factory pedal position

Post by super_fandango » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:39 pm

Help me out chaps...

50+ page views but no comments. If I asked should I buy a super-charger or what tyre pressures I should run, then no doubt I'd be inundated with well-debated comments.

I'm sure most of the views are from owners, and I'm sure most of the owners have the cars sat in garages next to the house.

Next time someone is in their garage, if you could drop a tape measure from the brake pedal to the throttle pedal on their factory spec pedal box, then it'll help me get my car set-up properly. 

Thanks,

Matt

phil4

Post by phil4 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:53 pm

45mm from "highest" point on brake to accelerator.  Apologies it's taken me so long.

AMH 142

Post by AMH 142 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:13 pm

Mine was at 55mm and pretty sure that was ex-factory - in any event I have set it to 40mm to help with heel and toe. Set it to suit your self but 45mm suggested seems like a good starting point.

super_fandango

Post by super_fandango » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:40 pm

Thanks gents.

Phil, I'm waiting on Will to come back to me re the spring dampers.

Cheers,

Matt

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:32 pm

Deja vu and all that - You asked this same question last year and I measured mine for you !

It's still 52mm - I've not changed it  ..
Attachments
Brake_Pedal.jpg
Last edited by John Scherrer on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

thomas_fr

Post by thomas_fr » Fri May 26, 2017 1:58 pm

With the seats at max position (Tillets), my legs are too longs, especially for the clutch pedal, you confirm that i can put the pedals farther with the rods ?

I didn't knew it was possible  :D

smokin

Post by smokin » Fri May 26, 2017 6:59 pm

Confirmed, but you may need to shorten (cut) the rod depending on how much you need to move the pedal. Also make sure there is sufficient travel to fully disengage the clutch
Atom 2 300, Ginetta G40 GT5 - UK