Ohlins set up on the road

Ben Long

Ohlins set up on the road

Post by Ben Long » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:10 am

Has anybody found an optimum setting on the Ohlins for the road?  My new Atom is great but I have to say that I've not noticed quite the difference I was expecting on the road against the Bilsteins of my previous car.  Suspect it's the settings and some fiddling about might improve it?

Appreciate that I'll probably really notice when I venture on track, but just wondered what others had set their bump/rebound to on the road?

meladdo

Re: Ohlins set up on the road

Post by meladdo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 pm

But they are Yellow and that right there is an improvement  :tu: Ask Rocket Man aka Kieth..... ;D

They look very  O0 too, so there is another improvement :tu:

Blimey how much improvement do you want ;D

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:32 am

Bright and yellow, sound good, worth every penny. what more do you need  :vroom:

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:12 pm

Would be interesting to see the feedback on this. My new job's gonna have these.
Cheers,
Hedge

Monza

Post by Monza » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:21 am

After having driven several Atom 300 with Bilstein 5 pos, Bilstein 10 pos and Intrax (on Mugen, Atom 3.5 310 and Atom V8) i now have the Ohlins on my V8.
They are a great improvment on roads (i adjust them between to -17 and -19 depending on roads for both Compression and Rebound) compared to Bilsteins which have far less control, in particular for rebound. They give a better feedback to, the driving is more confident (i have the Kumho tires at the same time). Compared to Intrax on roads, they are less hard because the setup range is large, so much more pleasure with the Ohlins. On tracks, they are very similar to Intrax but with certainly a better feeling and a much easier way to adjust them to the driving you want.
2 other Atom owners that i know have the Ohlins now (coming from the Bilstein), one is making only road miles (a lot !) and the other 90% trackday, both are really enjoying them, they both say that they seem to have a new Atom ! You'll enjoy them Hedge, no doubt ;-)
Jean-Pascal
Atom 3.5 310 Honda LHD

Ben Long

Post by Ben Long » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:27 pm

Interesting feedback Monza, thanks.

Currently I'm running Comp @ 20 and Reb @ 15, so I'll have a play with the settings you have tried and see what difference it makes  :tu: