TTS supercharger

Garef001

TTS supercharger

Post by Garef001 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:05 am

Hey guys,
I'm about to place an order for the TTS supercharger kit for my k24 powered atom.

http://www.tts-performance.co.uk/#!ariel-atom/c1g8n
i am looking at the super sport. I've spoken to them about a low boost ~310whp.
Has anyone installed one on their atom? Any reviews on their kit. the kit does come with a base tune and I know that I will have to get it fully tuned here.
Thanks for the help.

Yorkshire

Re: TTS supercharger

Post by Yorkshire » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:19 pm

I have thought about running the TTS kit on a couple of my Atoms but always stuck with the tried and tested JRSC.

I am lead to believe that whilst the Rotrex is a supercharger it behaves more like a turbo so high up power great but low range grunt not as good as the Jackson.

The Rotrex has a lot more potential if you are going after more power like 400BHP plus which is the good side of them.

I have seen there kit fitted to a car and it is very neat and well manufactured. Only bit I didn't like was the  supercharger is cut into the engine cover behind the driver and visible. Also slightly louder in operation so some trackdays may be an issue.

Apart from all that great bit of kit. Hope it works well.

Cheers

Stuart

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:23 pm

Their web site says factory-fit only ..

Presumably that's been discussed when you spoke with them - could be an issue getting support as you're across the pond aren't you?
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:07 pm

The cut away next to the air intake looks an abortion. The Weight saving over the JRSC must be immense though on a power to weight basis but as Stuart says the JRSC does perform better - the factory will have done the maths more than a few times on that note I'm Sure and they've never deviated from the trusty JR charger.
Turbo is the way forward ;)

Jamier27

Post by Jamier27 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:58 am

I've been looking to see what performance upgrades are available to the atom and can't seem to find any but the TTS kits.. 
Usually with superchargers the pulley and a map can make a big difference but am guessing the JRSC is at its max capacity??

Supercharging is quite a common theme amongst type R modders.  Maybe I should be looking at other areas..

Not that I'm not happy with the performance just always curious :)

Not sure of limits of internals either as the TTS state a forged motor is advised running the bigger SC??

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:32 pm

A stock k20 can handle upto about 475hp reliably on standard internals providing the tune is spot on.

Stuart has his car done at TDI north
http://www.tdi-north.com  (correct me if I'm wrong Stu)
I believe they do JRSC & more recently their own turbo kits for the K20z
The supercharger isn't maxed out as they up the power to 350hp on the 3.5R and even at that I don't think it's running at its maximum.

Www.cplracing.Co.uk also do the rotrex kits but heard some mixed (not very good) reviews.

Tdi north are definately worth a look (and probably the only company id reccomend to anyone) if you haven't found them already. Im sure I saw something on their website about supporting atomcup - they are pretty familiar with Atoms. They look a professional outfit and build bespoke stuff - just launched their own throttle body kits.
Im unsure if they supply kits to diy fit mind.
A browse around their website or a quick email will quickly answer that question.
Happy tinkering
Stew

Jamier27

Post by Jamier27 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:37 pm

I've heard of tdi North before so will have a butchers at there website and see what's on offer.  Thanks for that

dc5ian

Post by dc5ian » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:58 pm

why not go turbo? small turbo and a good setup and you can get a similar power delivery to that of a supercharger.

pros to turbo
boost by gear
more options to up the power
no silly whining noises
less engine wear
less maintenance
and will prob work out cheaper

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:12 pm

It's the future - hence the next atom will more than likely be that from the factory - ala new Kseries Vtec turbo from the imminent new type R release.

Stew

Atomicandy

Post by Atomicandy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:16 pm

Anyone know the model number of the Jackson Racing supercharger on the Atom ?????
Atom 2 300 Orange + Porsche 996TT + Gti

dc5ian

Post by dc5ian » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:09 pm

[quote="Atomicandy"]
Anyone know the model number of the Jackson Racing supercharger on the Atom ?????
[/quote]

you will struggle to get hold of one.jackson have stopped making them.

Atomicandy

Post by Atomicandy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:55 pm

Ah.

If I wanted to upgrade then I'm hoping Ariel will have a few in Stock ?
Atom 2 300 Orange + Porsche 996TT + Gti

dc5ian

Post by dc5ian » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:31 pm

yes ariel will. although in a few years time im pretty sure the atoms will come turbocharged

Lord Studley

Post by Lord Studley » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:11 pm

So do we reckon when the Jackson super chargers run out at Ariel they will offer a turbo alternative if you have an older car ie 2,3 or 3.5 with a factory fit?

Chris

dc5ian

Post by dc5ian » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:48 pm

i dont think its a case of them running out. its more to do with the emissions getting stricter and stricter every year and the natural progression of producing more economic cars.