Tom Tom Rider 2013 V5

meladdo

Tom Tom Rider 2013 V5

Post by meladdo » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:02 pm

I have been using my Tom Tom in the Atom - But the mounting was a little Heath Robinson to say the least....After dropping a few hints I now have a shiny new Rider V5.

The unit comes with the mounting and whatnot - But I am going to need the bolts and the spacers that drop the mount down - Aluminium / Aluminum  tube should do it - just interested to know what the factory use to do this. Anyone have the dimensions to the parts they use.

Can anyone recommend a Bluetooth headset to pair with it too :tu:
Last edited by meladdo on Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Welshman

Re: Tom Tom Rider 2013 V5

Post by Welshman » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:16 pm

I take it you've got this part:

http://www.ram-mount.co.uk/motorcycle-mount-base-with-1-ball-no-hardware-p-1879.html

so you just need two bolts and 2 spacers. I asked Tom and he very kindly sent me both. remind him it's the Season of Goodwill and he might send you some as well! FWIW the spacers are about 1 1/2" and the bolts would be about 2 1/2". I can't remember the size.

Daniel

Post by Daniel » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:25 pm

I use the Interphone F5XT. You can get the twin pack (it's the Twin Rider one that allows both headsets to connect to their own phones as well as TomTom). I don't use mine with Sat Nav because I just use an iPhone and use the Google Maps on there. Was nice to have the passenger to be able to connect to their phone as well though.

Good on the sound (as long as you have a good quality helmet) and everyone said its was very clear at the other end. Obviously the intercom between you and passenger is nice when wearing helmets as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cellular-line-Interphone-Bluetooth-Intercom/dp/B00CBCRFHQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388164835&sr=8-1&keywords=interphone+f5xt

hope this helps

daniel

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Here's the factory fit arrangement - They make use of the bracket for the fire handle and Spray nozzle ...

It may be give you some ideas ..
Attachments
Tom Tom Rider Mount 003 (Medium).jpg
Tom Tom Rider Mount 002 (Medium).jpg
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:31 pm

and
Attachments
Tom Tom Rider Mount 004 (Medium).jpg

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:32 pm

and
Attachments
Tom Tom Rider Mount 006 (Medium).jpg
Tom Tom Rider Mount 005 (Medium).jpg

Craig Sams

Post by Craig Sams » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:26 pm

Nice mounting solution but wont the Tom Tom unit effect the output from the extinguisher nozzle in the unlikely event it has to be deployed?

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:53 am

It does look like it might interfere but so it will slightly with the fire handle itself ..

On track where it's more likely to be used, the sat nav unit would be removed.
I suspect that the rate the extinguishant comes out of that nozzle, anything getting in its way would just help to disperse it even more!

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:47 pm

Mine is attached using the place where the dashboard is attached (in the middle, just under where the fire pull is on John's photos).

Seems to be fine there.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Craig Sams

Post by Craig Sams » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:44 pm

Whilst we are under the dash..

Ive just purchased a windscreen this afternoon (Croft Circuit), have now fitted it to the Atom 3 and want to make the electrical connection to the Atoms loom.

I have a plug from the windscreen wiper motor and conveniently placed wiring loom connector (two pole with green external band) which I assume it for this purpose. Can someone advise if this is the right connection, are they compatible and do I need a fuse in the fuse board somewhere or will there be one in place already.

Any advice appreciated.

Craig
Attachments
DSC_1149.JPG

Craig Sams

Windscreen

Post by Craig Sams » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Windscreen connector photo
Attachments
photo-79.jpg

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:09 pm

Thanks for the replies on the satnav - I have the correct mount as shown above - Just need the power connector and bolts and spacers - I will call the factory :tu:

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:57 pm

For those that want a little more mounting options, I did make a RAM mount for that size tube on Shapeways.  With a piece of inner tube under them, they are rock solid.  They zip tie on
Solid http://shpws.me/qmbr
Hollow http://shpws.me/qmbB

Craig Sams

Post by Craig Sams » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Norm,

That does look impressive, how do I buy one?

Craig

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:31 pm

I posted links below the pictures to the pages on the Shapeways site.  I don't print them, just design, .. I place the models on Shapeways and you buy from them.  I have the solid one for my own car for the main roll hoop.  After all of the printing of the gear knobs I have done, I would order the hollow one today with no fear of strength.

This is a link to all Atom related stuff on their site https://www.shapeways.com/shops/cpconsult?section=Atom&s=0

I am revising the phone cases to get rid of the vertical slits on the sides as those have been shown to be the beginning points for cracks, so, I would NOT get a phone case that still has the vertical slits.  I am thinking most if not all of the iPhone 5's are fixed now.  You can use their 3D flip picture to tell, as those are created when I upload.  No vertical slits = fixed.