MPG & Temp

dingo

MPG & Temp

Post by dingo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:07 am

Just completed the run to and from Seattle to Ashland and back.  474 miles each way.  Avg MPG (I'm a little ashamed to say) 31.7 MPG.  Promise.
This was carefully done over 4 fill ups.  Longest nonstop leg 175 miles. Thanks Pegasus memory foam!

Max ambient temp 93 F heading South pretty swaeyty.  (Aussie speling)

Max water temp 84 C (and the sender is at the engine now) Oil temp Max 91 C.
Usually the difference between the two was less than 10 deg C.

Avg. moving speed 67 + mph.  Yes, folks that means that occasionally, I *might* have been exceeding the speed limit. The GPS unit kept showing an ever higher max speed, so I kept zeroing it out in the event that some bright spark officer might glance over when stopped.  As it happens, I was "surveyed" at close range by only one officer who pulled off after I wiggled my finger pointing @ the temporary permit.  Upon reflection, that might have been a bit cheeky. This was accomplished whilst I was zeroing the max speed reading for the 40th time.  This attached photo is the first ever of a pair of Atoms in the New Colonies. Enjoy!   
Attachments
AA0_0055b.jpg
Last edited by dingo on Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

John Lloyd

Re: MPG & Temp

Post by John Lloyd » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:25 pm

Dingo,

Fantastic picture.  I am really going to have to work hard on my family trip, over Easte,r to meet up with one American Atom.  I will post a thread after Christmas to work it out.  ;)  ;)

dingo

Post by dingo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:57 pm

Dear John:

You'd be welcome. Brammo Motorsports is easier to fly to than drive however, from here, I attest.

Also I think I'll rename the photo a "Brace of Atoms in the New Colonies"

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:09 pm

It's nice to see our colonial friends like Red Coats.  ;D ;D

http://www.britishbattles.com/harlem.htm

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:22 pm

Geez John, where did you pull that one from?

dingo

Post by dingo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:25 pm

Little known (or cared about it would seem) fact. I was born in Newcastle Upon Tyne, some distant time ago.
My wife was born some little time later in Dunfermline.
Remember that Scottish favourite chune "You are the wind beneath my kilt"? It played at our wedding.
A splendid day indeed! So we're a petit, partially Pommy pocket in the Americas.  
We have therfore no aversion to red jackets.

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:29 pm

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:38 pm

[quote="dingo"]
Little known (or cared about it would seem) fact. I was born in Newcastle Upon Tyne, some distant time ago.
My wife was born some little time later in Dunfermline.
Remember that Scottish favourite chune "You are the wind beneath my kilt"? It played at our wedding.
A splendid day indeed! So we're a petit, partially Pommy pocket in the Americas.  
We have therfore no aversion to red jackets.
[/quote]

Good to see the sons and daughters of our shores are maintaining a health presence overseas.  ;) :D ;D

dingo

Post by dingo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:10 pm

While we're on the topic.. Both of my children are at University in Australia (Melbourne) where I believe they will both remain.  THey have dual citizenshipp, until Mr. B denies that.  (With us, or against us policy)
This leaves me the sole Sloman on these shores.
My younger brother has lived in London (UK) these past 16 years and is a partner at Accenture. That's another story.