Walshy tuition day at Abbeville

Other forms of gathering
John H

Walshy tuition day at Abbeville

Post by John H » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:01 am

I'm up for organising a 4 person tuition day at Abbeville with Andy Walsh for anyone who is up for it. I think u can only do 4 people at a time and u can in fact get there and back in a day from the south east if you fancy half killing yourself.
Would be up for sorting out hotels etc etc.
I know Hedge is up for it ( as ever), and Trigg seems keen too, so we are close tothe 4 required. No idea of dates yet, but I can talk to Walshy once we have the numbers.
cheers

kaygee

Re: Walshy tuition day at Abbeville

Post by kaygee » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:38 am

Hi John

Did the car control course with Andy at North Weald- what a driver he is-maniac!!!

i would be up for this but don't get my car until March/April (and thats Somerset time)

If you are looking to go after that date let me know- if not, have a great time.

cheers

Karl

NathanE

Post by NathanE » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:29 am

Yes, interested.  There are a couple of accor chain hotels in Abbeville with decent parking I went the night before last time I was there and it worked fine. 

John H

Post by John H » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:15 am

[quote="kaygee"]
Hi John

Did the car control course with Andy at North Weald- what a driver he is-maniac!!!

i would be up for this but don't get my car until March/April (and thats Somerset time)

If you are looking to go after that date let me know- if not, have a great time.

cheers

Karl
[/quote]
Did they say which year????????????????
I have done 4 walshy tuition days now ( all different) and think he would be massively helpful on a track too.
I was thinking more like March April to be honest as the weather is too cold and unpredictable over winter, so, depending on the response we get here, I might organise more than one event there.
cheers

AndyG

Post by AndyG » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:26 am

Off to see Walshy at the end of this month, then on to Abbeville, Follembray, Snetterton and Oulton. A bit of a mad 5 day session  ;)

And Walshy is coming with us  ;D :tu: He's instructing with LOT for part of it.

He's superb at helping you on track, although ask him about his first lap at Ledenon  :laugh: (he wasn't instructing and we were messing about)

His teachings have cost me 6 sets of rears in a year, but thats what the Atom is best at  :P
Last edited by AndyG on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

John H

Post by John H » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:59 am

[quote="AndyG"]
Off to see Walshy at the end of this month, then on to Abbeville, Follembray, Snetterton and Oulton. A bit of a mad 5 day session  ;)

And Walshy is coming with us  ;D :tu: He's instructing with LOT for part of it.

He's superb at helping you on track, although ask him about his first lap at Ledenon  :laugh: (he wasn't instructing and we were messing about)

His teachings have cost me 6 sets of rears in a year, but thats what the Atom is best at  :P
[/quote]
Ask him about trying to beat my lap time at North Weald in Richard Luck-Hille's brand new 245.
heh
Certainly added a few inches to the length of my button mushroom and a couple of brown stains to Rich's keks.
I beat him by 2 seconds in the end, but I am sure he was just clowning around as his missus is usually quicker round that circuit than most of us lot

Drinks

Post by Drinks » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:08 pm

So which other locations does Andy regularly do. I want to get a couple of sessions done early next year though I think Abbeville may be a bit far for me.

AndyG

Post by AndyG » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:46 pm

He's based at North Weald Airfield in Essex, but also does instruct from time to time on Lotus on Track days.

I think he can also be hired to come to a trackday or testing day with you for instructing you. Best check with him or Emma though - www.carlimits.com

Hope that helps  :tu:

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:06 pm

I am interested but not sure its worth going all the way to Abbeville for tuition when we can go to Essex more easily. Are his Abbeville days in conjunction with LOT days there ? Maybe alternatively we should arrange a trackday in Uk and get him along.
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:17 pm

[quote="Trigger"]
I am interested but not sure its worth going all the way to Abbeville for tuition when we can go to Essex more easily. Are his Abbeville days in conjunction with LOT days there ? Maybe alternatively we should arrange a trackday in Uk and get him along.
[/quote]

The North Weald gig involves going round the same left hand bend "a lot". Sounds a yawn but is far from it.

Compared to tuition on a race track, v different - but essential nontheless, IMO.

Cheers, Hedge

John H

Post by John H » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:21 pm

[quote="Hedge"]
[quote="Trigger"]
[/quote]

The North Weald gig involves going round the same left hand bend "a lot". Sounds a yawn but is far from it.

Compared to tuition on a race track, v different - but essential nontheless, IMO.

Cheers, Hedge
[/quote]
is that a left hander?
sh1t, I knew I was doing something wrong.....it was really hard to do it right handed at 90