Rolling Road 8th December 2007 _ SELOC events

Other forms of gathering
John Lloyd

Rolling Road 8th December 2007 _ SELOC events

Post by John Lloyd » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:36 am

I know it's short notice but I'm going to be at this event tomorrow at about 10am.  (I didn't link it as it's not an Atom event and it's happening tomorrow.)

http://forums.seloc.org/showevent.php?eid=1523

Richard Marler
Administrator

Re: Rolling Road 8th December 2007 _ SELOC events

Post by Richard Marler » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:50 am

John, for those not registered on that site, can you say where and what time it is?
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:06 am

Richard,

I'll PM as it's a SELOC event. 

It's just that there area about 10 Atom owners on the SELCO forum so this is a quick way for a heads up.  You should join
Last edited by John Lloyd on Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:18 pm

I might pop over - depends a bit on the weather if I am honest - heavy rain forecast....
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:25 pm

[quote="Trigger"]
I might pop over - depends a bit on the weather if I am honest - heavy rain forecast....
[/quote]

So  ;)  Get your dirty mac' out and come and join us!

Alec

Post by Alec » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:05 pm

It'll be interesting to see what figures your car puts out John.

Don't forget to post the results on the 'New dyno topic, compilation of everyone's information' thread.

By the way, it's the same make of dyno that I was on a couple of months ago.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:20 pm

[quote="Alec"]
[/quote]

No it won't... It'll be frustrating and disappointing.

PLEASE don't forget that a rolling road should ONLY be used to see if there are flat spots etc on your graph, or if you're about to have work done and need a control measure.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Alec

Post by Alec » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:24 am

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="Alec"]
[/quote]

No it won't... It'll be frustrating and disappointing.

[/quote]

It'll be interesting to those who are curious, which John obviously is otherwise he wouldn't be going to a rolling road, and it will be frustrating and disappointing to those who aren't curious and so don't go to a rolling road.

We are, after all, individuals with different views on things.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:43 pm

I went despite the ran for my issues with the engine (Bruce).

Looks fantastic, but I'm having all sorts of problems with the car.  It was very wet and the car would not idle at all and at low rev's in 2nd and 3rd the engine ceases up something awful.  So bad you think it's going to explode.  There is also a slight delay when putting your foot down before it actually does anything, but get it over 4,000rpm and it's fine.  (It has been seen by the factory , but they cannot get the car to do this!).  The only comment from the Rolling Road guys was it's running too lean.

New go faster dice.  Snake eyes!

Last edited by John Lloyd on Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:52 pm

[quote="John Lloyd"]

Looks fantastic, but I'm having all sorts of problems with the car.  It was very wet and the car would not idle at all and at low rev's in 2nd and 3rd the engine ceases up something awful.  So bad you think it's going to expolde.  There is also a slight delay when putting your foot down before it actually does anything, but get it over 4,000rpm and it's fine.  (It has been seen by the factory , but they cannot get the car to do this!).  The only comment from the Rolling Road guys was it's running too lean.
[/quote]

Well done for going for the right reasons!

Is the problem just in the wet?

Could be a sensor...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Alec

Post by Alec » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:54 pm

[quote="John Lloyd"]
New go faster dice.  Snake eyes!

[/quote]

Nice dice, just like my set which just happened to show up hanging in my garage in the background of the photo I posted of my suggestion for the cover support system.  :tu:

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:57 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="John Lloyd"]

Looks fantastic, but I'm having all sorts of problems with the car.  It was very wet and the car would not idle at all and at low rev's in 2nd and 3rd the engine ceases up something awful.  So bad you think it's going to expolde.  There is also a slight delay when putting your foot down before it actually does anything, but get it over 4,000rpm and it's fine.  (It has been seen by the factory , but they cannot get the car to do this!).  The only comment from the Rolling Road guys was it's running too lean.
[/quote]

Could be a sensor...
[/quote]

No, (to only in wet) also happens when the engine gets hot.  Happened on the first night in Morocco, which scared the crap out of me as I thought I would have to get the car back on a trailer, but then nothing for the rest of the trip.  So far they factory have changed the lambo' sensor and then some loose/exposed wire near the ECU.  Would changing the board in the ECU help?  If it is running too lean how do I get that checked and "increased"?  The big problem is when the factory have the car it behaves for them!!

Alec

Post by Alec » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

What's the weird second line on the first readout?

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:40 am

[quote="Alec"]
What's the weird second line on the first readout?
[/quote]

Air Fuel mix readout I think.

Ben

Stephanie Plum

Post by Stephanie Plum » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:37 am

[quote="John Lloyd"]
[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="John Lloyd"]

[/quote]

Could be a sensor...
[/quote]

No, (to only in wet) also happens when the engine gets hot.  Happened on the first night in Morocco, which scared the crap out of me as I thought I would have to get the car back on a trailer, but then nothing for the rest of the trip.  So far they factory have changed the lambo' sensor and then some loose/exposed wire near the ECU.  Would changing the board in the ECU help?  If it is running too lean how do I get that checked and "increased"?  The big problem is when the factory have the car it behaves for them!!
[/quote]

John
Post the problem up in Tech Discussion on seloc - lots of people run Hondas in their Elises, including a couple of seriously knowledgable guys from the race series - Randy and Scuffers (SimonS)  the latter can be a bit abrasive sometimes but knows his stuff - he developed the Honda install for Loti.  If a prick called Ronin posts just ignore him - also anything from MrDemon - talks through his arse at all times.
Cheers
jo