Car Control Couse Wed 5th July or Sat 24 June

Other forms of gathering
Adam T

Car Control Couse Wed 5th July or Sat 24 June

Post by Adam T » Wed May 10, 2006 7:17 pm

I am going to book a day with Don Palmer at Bruntingthorpe to try and master throttle steering. (yes, in one day)

He usually has around 3 people/cars for the day.  I was thinking it would be beneficial if we had all Atoms for the course.  Would anyone else be interested in doing this day with me.  The cost of the day is £395. 

I have done a course with him before on steering and you can get a lot out of it.  You don't have to do throttle steering, he will coach you in any area you want.  The dates i was looking at were Wed 5th of July or Sat 24 June.
Last edited by Adam T on Wed May 10, 2006 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DFext37 Fielding

Re: Car Control Couse Wed 5th July or Sat 24 June

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Thu May 11, 2006 12:56 pm

Sounds good, if you do go, have fun...

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat May 13, 2006 1:09 am

[quote="Adam T"]
I am going to book a day with Don Palmer at Bruntingthorpe to try and master throttle steering. (yes, in one day)

He usually has around 3 people/cars for the day.  I was thinking it would be beneficial if we had all Atoms for the course.  Would anyone else be interested in doing this day with me.  The cost of the day is £395. 

I have done a course with him before on steering and you can get a lot out of it.  You don't have to do throttle steering, he will coach you in any area you want.  The dates i was looking at were Wed 5th of July or Sat 24 June.
[/quote]

I'd be up for this... Don't have my diary, but I could probably do either date - June might be better
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

RichardR

Post by RichardR » Sat May 13, 2006 1:38 am

I'd be interested. As long as it's SUNNY! ;D

Seriously though, would I have to get an Autocom system? And any info on how much tuition time we get for £400?

Richard

BTW Either dates fine.....

David Ryan

Post by David Ryan » Sat May 13, 2006 6:22 am

Don Palmer is a very good coach. I have done his car control course at Bruntingthorpe.

He must be having a sale, since his normal day rate is £700.

Day usually starts around 10.00 am and finishes around 4.00 pm.

Be prepared to ruin a set of tyres !!!!!

D.
;)

Adam T

Post by Adam T » Sat May 13, 2006 7:59 am

No his normal rate is £395, have a look at his web site.

Actually it turns out the 17 June is the best for me provided Don can do this one.  I am just waiting for a reply.

As for tuition, you get a full day.  Last time i did this it was almost 9-5 with only 2 of us.  One went out then came in then the other etc. 

The only think though is that it is worth reading his site for the technical info first, so you know what you are trying to do. ie. slip angles and grip vs slip angle graph etc. 

joesacco

Post by joesacco » Sat May 13, 2006 8:13 am

adam i could be interested let me know your dates

Adam T

Post by Adam T » Sat May 13, 2006 5:10 pm

Sorry about this, my dates a changing.  Don said he does not work weekends unless he gets paid more.  I have gone back to him to see if he can do Sat 17 June with 3 Atom cars there.  Failing this, or not enough interest from atom owners, I will probably book Mon 12 Jun with him.

Would any of these dates work?

EricHowe

Post by EricHowe » Sun May 14, 2006 7:39 am

I may be interested in this one. Please let me know more. I have met Don palmer before and had the benefit of a passenger ride in with him at MIRA in an SLK55. The guy is awesome. Yes I would like to do this.

Nick Wright

Post by Nick Wright » Sun May 14, 2006 10:02 pm

I'd be interested too, but would need to be a Saturday.

Thanks

Nick

Adam T

Post by Adam T » Mon May 15, 2006 7:00 pm

I will know tomorrow if Monday 12 June is avaliable.  If it is i will book it as i am running out of avaliable dates that i can go on.  Would this day work for anyone else?  If so then just put your name down and i will add you on later on in the week.  I unfortunatly will not be around a computer until Friday, so don't be alarmed if i don't reply until then.
Adam

joesacco

Post by joesacco » Tue May 16, 2006 9:06 am

Mon seems ok for me  8)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed May 17, 2006 5:41 pm

I think that'll be OK with me too...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Adam T

Post by Adam T » Sun May 21, 2006 5:56 pm

Hello I am back now.

I have now got a reply from Don and Mon 12 June is sorted.  So just to get a count, is anyone interested in this day?  If you are then just reply and then i will send you all the info you need by PM.

Just think about what you want to get out of the day and make it clear to him and you will get a lot out from it.

Cheers Adam

EricHowe

Post by EricHowe » Sun May 21, 2006 6:32 pm

Hello Adam
I should be OK for that one, but want to check my diary at work in the morning. I dont think I have anything booked on that day so please can you PM the details to me.

Thank you
Eric Howe