Atom Only Prescott Hill Climb Drivers School - Friday 4th May 2012

Other forms of gathering
toms

Atom Only Prescott Hill Climb Drivers School - Friday 4th May 2012

Post by toms » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:40 am

An early heads up on this one guys so you can get it in your diary - we had a great day last year - http://forum.atomclub.com/https://atomclub.com/phpbbnew/viewtopic.php?t=4

I will announce more details as we get nearer the time........

I've also provisionally booked Silverstone for a Hooning and Honing day on Saturday 5th May so we will try to have an event with the same format as last time.

Let's get a list going:

Tom
Henry

Andrew300

Re: Atom Only Prescott Hill Climb Drivers School - Friday 4th May 2012

Post by Andrew300 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:14 pm

Im up for this one ! Andrew Atom 300,
Ariel Nomad,Toyota GT86 and a T5 work horse ,oh and a 4x4 for winter

deepdiver

Post by deepdiver » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:43 am

Let's get a list going:

Tom
Henry
andrew 300
RS4george.

Matt_E

Post by Matt_E » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:02 am

Tom
Henry
andrew 300
RS4george.
Matt E

Matt_E

Post by Matt_E » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:23 am

Just got turned down for the Friday off work, the hill was the main reason I signed up to both, so I'll have to withdraw from both.  That sucks.

Updated list:

Tom
Henry
andrew 300
RS4george.

morgy

Post by morgy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:45 pm

How come the hill climb is the day before the handling day????? surely it would be better to have it the other way around....

toms

Post by toms » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:00 pm

[quote="morgy"]
How come the hill climb is the day before the handling day????? surely it would be better to have it the other way around....
[/quote]

Mainly because the hill climb can only be on that Friday - I could book the Hooning and Honing for the Thursday but I doubt it would prove very popular - most people prefer a weekend.

toms

Post by toms » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:24 am

The time has come again ladies and gents – it’ll be next year before you know it and we need to start getting some bookings in for this please!  Any questions please just let me know…..

Prescott Speed Hill Climb - Atom Only Driver's School  Friday 4th May 2012

Exciting, challenging and undeniably thrilling, Prescott Hill Climb is renowned for its demands on drivers and their expertise...are you up for it?

If you would like to perfect your driving skills on the UK’s dare we say, finest, Hill Climb Course, then don’t hold back.

Whatever your present level of skill, we guarantee you will find a day at Prescott exciting, challenging and memorable.

Driving your Atom, you will be in the hands of expert MSA and AHASS registered instructors, who will enable you to develop extra car control abilities. At the same time you will learn how to apply these to mastering this historic course, with a lasting effect on how you drive on road or track.

This is the ideal course for you to discover hill climbing, whether you are seriously embarking on a motor sport career or just want to see what all the fuss is about. After all you will be following in the footsteps of such well-known stars as Stirling Moss, Peter Collins and Graham Hill who started their motor racing careers here.

Timetable of Events

8.45am  Arrive, sign on and get that first cup of coffee and a bacon sandwich

9.30am  Introduction to your fellow drivers and instructors

10.10am  Walking the course in groups with instructors

11am  The fun really starts with convoy runs on the Hill and then individual runs - that means you!

12.45pm  A well-earned buffet lunch followed by a video review of the mornings runs

2pm  The individual runs continue

4pm  We stop for tea and a review of the afternoon runs

4.30pm Flushed with success and with some new driving skills in your repertoire you will take your leave

What you will need

Your Atom - properly silenced within road legal limits, taxed and on road legal tyres
(Cars can be shared between 2 drivers but each will need to pay the full fee and apply separately)

Insurance - we will need to see a valid certificate

A full Driving Licence valid for the UK

You need to bring with you; an umbrella (in case of rain – there is no cover in the paddock), a long sleeved shirt or jacket and a crash helmet (helmets can be provided on loan)

What does it cost?

The cost of one place on the Driver's School is £175

This covers a full day of instruction, video feedback, a convoy drive of the course, individual runs and refreshments (including a buffet lunch)

Each Driver can bring one guest (to share in their moment of glory!). Guests must be aged 18 or over and you will need to book a place for them in advance - the cost is £21 (this includes all refreshments and lunch - but excludes the introduction and instruction sessions)

How do I book?

Booking will be done directly with Prescott; you need to contact Maggie Webster on 01242 673136 or 679796 or by e-mail at maggie@bugatti.co.uk to book and pay.  You can download a copy of the booking form here which you can print and send to Prescott directly; their address is on their website www.prescott-hillclimb.com

If you would like any more information or have any further questions about the event please contact Maggie as above or Tom on 01460 78817 or by e-mail tom@atomclub.com

Atom Only Drivers School 2011

On a warm and sunny day in April 2011, 36 Atoms congregated at Prescott Speed Hill Climb in Gloucestershire for an Atom Only Driving School.  Hill Climb driving not only gives a safe and controlled environment to explore the limits of an Atom but also a technical, challenging course which is quite a bit different from the track days that are frequented by so many Atoms.

After a comprehensive briefing and course walk with the instructors (vastly experienced hillclimbers in their own right) sighting laps of the course were undertaken for drivers to familiarise themselves with the course.  Then it was into the runs, 4 before lunch.  With each run drivers became more confident with the cars and the course and great improvements were made by all.

After an extremely good lunch and debrief in the clubhouse by the instructors (with video, which made for some interesting viewing in some case!) drivers were sent back out to tackle the hill again.  There were considerable improvements from all drivers in the four runs after lunch with broad smiles and happy faces all round!

Back to the clubhouse for afternoon tea and a final debrief with video and awards were given for drivers of the day.

This really was a fantastic day; a great social event as well as some good fun in the cars – highly recommended!
Attachments
Drivers school Application 2012.doc
(36.5 KiB) Downloaded 161 times

oi oi treacle

Post by oi oi treacle » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:14 pm

add TIM and NICOLA to the list      WOOP-WOOP!!!!!! :vroom: :checkeredflag:

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:56 am

Tom
Henry
andrew 300
RS4george
Tim and Nicola
Justin
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:41 am

I think it should be made clear that, unless things have changed, guests are not allowed to accompany the drivers on the runs, ie no passenger rides.

A
Beautiful 2000 XJR, last ever supercharged Atom, Fiesta Active, 'Verstappen' Honda e, Focus, Jaguar iPace, Volcano Yellow, MSO Black Pack 720S Spider.

Kezzie

Post by Kezzie » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:03 am

[quote="AlanP"]
I think it should be made clear that, unless things have changed, guests are not allowed to accompany the drivers on the runs, ie no passenger rides.

A
[/quote]

I seem to recall that passengers were allowed but only on the convoy runs.

ps I'll add my name to the list  :vroom:

Tom
Henry
andrew 300
RS4george
Tim and Nicola
Justin
Kezzie

Sir Nick

Post by Sir Nick » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:05 am

I'd like to join in, please add me to the list

Cheers

Nick Mason
Atom 3.5R, Black+Red flashes, CF front & rear wings, CF bonnet & mud guards.  Bristol

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:51 am

Tell you what Tom, if you can get my car delivered in time, I'll use it as my first outing! No pressure then!  ;D
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

fb.george

Post by fb.george » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:35 pm

+2
Mark (Fb) George
Steve Roberts

First outing in the new 245 due March 12 
Keep smiling!!