Prescott Speed Hill Climb – Atom Only Driver's School - Friday 15th April 2011

Other forms of gathering
toms

Re: Prescott Speed Hill Climb – Atom Only Driver's School - Friday 15th April 2011

Post by toms » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:51 pm

Great news; this event is now fully booked (38 drivers!) so well done everyone  :tu:  I will have a reserve list in case anyone drops out so if you do still want to come and haven't booked in please let me know and i'll put your name down just in case.

In terms of the running order of the day we need to arrive at Prescott (postcode GL52 9RD) by about 8.30am; they should have the coffee and bacon butties on the go for us by then!  If anyone wants to stay in the area the night before please let me know as I do have the names of a few local B&B's and hotels that come highly recommended.  Don't forget to bring your driving licence and road insurance certificate as well as an umbrella and warm clothing in case of inclement weather conditions  ;D  I am attempting to purchase an easy-up shelter/marquee jobbie at the moment but they aren't cheap and the companies that do them aren't making my life easy!  We SHOULD have that in time though to give us some extra shelter if needs be.....

We should be finished up by around 4.30pm and those that aren't coming to Silverstone will disappear at that point and the rest of us will travel 'in Molecule' to Whittlebury Hall Hotel (postcode NN12 8QH).  I have sorted a route and created an ITN file that can be loaded into most higher-end modern sat-navs (standard Atom fit TomTom Rider will be perfect) so if you would like me to send that over to you so that you can pre-load it just PM or e-mail me.  We're going to go on a bit of a nicer route than the 'quickest' one as the most straightforward route (about 70 miles) takes in a lot of main roads and a bit of the M40; I have a feeling that on a Friday late afternoon in April those roads will be pretty congested.  So i've chosen an A and B road route that takes in some pretty Cotswolds roads and is about 60 miles from door to door.

When we arrive at the hotel (estimated between 6 and 7pm) when you check in you will need to make your menu choices for the evening meal.  We are having exclusive use of the Bentleys restaurant at the hotel and they needed meal choices beforehand - check in was the latest I could get them to agree to!  ;D  Quick shower/drink in the bar and dinner is scheduled for 8.30pm.

Start times for the Hooning and Honing are yet to be confirmed but I propose a 9am start as we are right on the doorstep - that way we don't have to get up at an indecent hour for breakfast.......

As ever if anyone has any questions or I have forgotten anything just let me know!!

toms

Re: Prescott Speed Hill Climb – Atom Only Driver's School - Friday 15th April 2011

Post by toms » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:24 pm

I've had a couple of requests from people for B&B info for the Thursday night at Prescott so it's probably easier just to post it all up here I think - these were recommended to me by an owner who lives in the vicinity and indeed knows several of the people who run these personally........

This one is literally next door to Prescott; apparently jump over the fence and you're in.....
Jo Marsh
01242 677 406
Pardon Hill Farm
Prescott
Gotherington
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
GL52 9RD

This one is owned by the mum of the lady who owns the first one....
Postlip Hall Farm
Contact Valerie Albutt
Winchcombe, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL54 5AQ
Telephone: 01242 603351
http://www.smoothhound.co.uk/hotels/postlip

Another.....
www.cornercottage-bedandbreakfast.co.uk
01242 620630

OR another B&B in Alderton village (which is only a few miles away and a few minutes drive)....
Tally Ho
www.cotswold-bedandbreakfast.co.uk
01242 621482

Another.......
Gantier
www.gantier.co.uk
01242 620343

Another.......
Moors Farm
www.moorsfarmhouse.co.uk
01242 620523

Steve Gibson
Administrator

Post by Steve Gibson » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:09 am

Just booked into the Tally Ho in Alderton for the night before.
First Atomised 2001.
Atom (165) > Atom 2 (220) > Atom 3 (300) > Atom 3.5 (310) > Atom 4 (350).
There is no cure.

oi oi treacle

Post by oi oi treacle » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:16 pm

Got my hill climb pack thro' the post, am car no.22 according to my windscreen sticker.
Tom, how many windscreens can you get in the works van??

toms

Post by toms » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:40 pm

Really looking forward to this now - hope the weather's as nice as today!!

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Looking forward to this - weather like today and it'll be superb

we are staying at the Malvern View hotel pretty close by on Thurs - looks lovely

toms

Post by toms » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:47 am

If anyone would like the TomTom ITN file for our route from Prescott to Whittlebury Hall just let me know and I will e-mail it over to you.....

bodnet

Post by bodnet » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:23 pm

Printed list of important towns and road numbers to follow for me, thanks ;-)

Bod
05 Red 160 in Bristol, UK
MG ZT-T V8, Smart ForTwo...
Oh yeah and the day job involves 2x 2250bhp V16 quad-turbo MTU diesels! :)

toms

Post by toms » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:27 pm

[quote="Bod :)"]

Bod
[/quote]

Or just buy a TomTom - cheapskate  ;)  :laugh:

bodnet

Post by bodnet » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:22 pm

[quote="Tom"]

Bod
[/quote]

[/quote]

I bought the TomTom app for iPhone - but it won't do itn files or more than one 'via' point...

Bod
;-)

toms

Post by toms » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:54 pm

[quote="Tom"]

Bod
[/quote]

[/quote]

I bought the TomTom app for iPhone - but it won't do itn files or more than one 'via' point...

Bod
;-)
[/quote]

That's handy then?!

bodnet

Post by bodnet » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:15 pm

Yeah I was rather frustrated when I realised that!! Grr!!

Bod

toms

Post by toms » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:26 am

Attached here is a printed version of the route we will be taking from Prescott to the hotel; as I say I also have an ITN file for TomToms and I think Richard Marler has a Garmin version.  If anyone wants either just let us know respectively.

Weather doesn't look too bad either - fingers crossed!!
Attachments
Route.pdf
(53.94 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

toms

Post by toms » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:09 am

Ignore that!!!!

Paul Yarsley (theslayyer) has had a look at my route (only based on guesswork) and condemned it as not being very fun  ;D

I'm more than happy to defer to his local knowledge and not have to lead the convoy for once!!

So he's done a new ITN file which I have sent out to everyone coming by e-mail - if anyone hasn't got it or would like it just let me know..........

I've attached a printed copy of it here....
Attachments
Route.pdf
(52.8 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

toms

Post by toms » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Right then - is everyone sorted?  Any last minute questions/panics?

We have a molecule leaving from the factory at 6am to arrive between 8-8.30am comprising of:

Tom - Atom 3 245
Old Bill - Atom 3 300
Stephen from EVO Magazine - Atom 3 300
Geoffrey - Atom 2 245
Paul - Atom 2 245
Reg - Overladen Mercedes Vito with Atom on trailer  :o

Should be good  ;D