Prescott Speed Hill Climb – Atom Only Driver's School - Friday 15th April 2011

Other forms of gathering
Dave W

Re: Prescott Speed Hill Climb – Atom Only Driver's School - Friday 15th April 2011

Post by Dave W » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:07 pm

As I used to live in the next village to Prescott (Gotherington) I can recommend following pub for a pint if sunny & make the most of the views, if coming down night before  :-

The Royal Oak, Gretton, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL54 5EP

& if you like decent pub grub then this place (next to busy road so not great if you want to sit outside)  :-

The Teddington Hands Inn, Evesham Rd, Teddington, Tewkesbury GL20 8NE, Tel 01386 725 276  (worth booking as does get busy)

Both within 10 mins drive  of Prescott.

Have a great day guys  :tu:
Last edited by Dave W on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kezzie

Re: Prescott Speed Hill Climb – Atom Only Driver's School - Friday 15th April 2011

Post by Kezzie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:04 pm

[quote="Tom"]
We have a molecule leaving from the factory at 6am to arrive between 8-8.30am comprising of:
[/quote]

What route are you taking?
I was planning on taking the A350 to Chippenham then on to Cirencester etc

Richard Marler
Administrator

Post by Richard Marler » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:14 pm

[quote="Kezzie"]
I was planning on taking the A350 to Chippenham then on to Cirencester etc
[/quote]

Tom may or may not have just left for the pub to entertain Geoffrey Vermeulen. If you want me to get him to contact you Kezzie, just PM me your mobile.
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.

toms

Post by toms » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:53 pm

I left Geoffrey just nursing his 11th pint of Thatchers Gold Cider  :o ;D  :tu:

To be fair though he has just ordered his dinner so he'll probably be alive in the morning (just about)  >:D

I'm just going to have a look Kezzie - I quite fancy that route myself TBH but the motorway is a lot more straightforward and we don't have a lot of time in the morning.....I will post back here shortly.......

toms

Post by toms » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:00 pm

I think we're just going to have to go on the motorway as much as it pains me Kezzie

I've already arranged to leave at 6 and I'm worried that we might get snagged in traffic around Cirencester/Cheltenham at that time and be late.  I really want to be there by 8am with a full tank of fuel........

bodnet

Post by bodnet » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:21 pm

Just as a heads up - my petrolprices app says the cheapest unleaded in the area is at Tesco Cheltenham GL51 8JQ which seems to be roughly on the way from the motorway to Prescott, 126.9p. I didn't check super tho :/

Bod
05 Red 160 in Bristol, UK
MG ZT-T V8, Smart ForTwo...
Oh yeah and the day job involves 2x 2250bhp V16 quad-turbo MTU diesels! :)

Kezzie

Post by Kezzie » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:07 pm

I'm just in the midst of uploading the first batch of pics which I will link into both the forum and Facebook pages when done.
Might end up being more than one album as I did take over 1500 pics :-\

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:56 pm

15 How many !!! - Yikes

Looking forward to seeing them, hope nothing got broken ... and you all had fun whilst the rest of us were working !
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

bodnet

Post by bodnet » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:46 pm

Quick post before bed (and after beer!)

Awesome day - good food from Bugatti Club for breakfast lunch and afternoon tea too... The day started with a briefing and video of the hill, them we walked the hill in groups, discussing with an instructor the right line for each corner (but by the time you reached the top you'd forgotten the first corner!!). Three runs in the morning which I found very frustrating as I couldn't remember the right line at all (it's not necessarily the 'intuitive' line for a track driver). After lunch we were shown the videos of our morning runs - complete with sarcastic commentary! (Well you missed that apex by a mile didn't you, what are you doing over that side of the track, no no no).

The afternoon runs by contrast I felt I did much better, every run finished with me thinking 'that was good' rather than 'what a load of pants' :) Speeds and confidence increased among all drivers. Paddock discussion included the fact that with a track only twice the with if the car, if that, the difference between 'right of the track', 'left of the track' and 'down the middle' is a matter of feet! Also you have to be much more confident with you placing of the car on the track because there is much less room to correct errors.

Only two small offs (and a couple of more minor amusements!) and no damage to cars or occupants!

The 'convoy' to Whittlebury didn't entirely work, but I had a great drive on my own on the correct route, and arrived same time ad those who had somehow ended up on motorways?!?

Dinner and drinks involved catching up with old friends and making new ones, and now it's bedtime ready for Hooning And Honing tomorrow!

:vroom:

Bod
:-)
05 Red 160 in Bristol, UK
MG ZT-T V8, Smart ForTwo...
Oh yeah and the day job involves 2x 2250bhp V16 quad-turbo MTU diesels! :)

Kezzie

Post by Kezzie » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:05 am

[quote="Bod :)"]
The 'convoy' to Whittlebury didn't entirely work[/quote]

Now there's a surprise!!! ;D

Kezzie

Post by Kezzie » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:11 am

Part 1 of my pictures from yesterday's great day at Prescott Hill Speed School - Can only upload 200 at a time so could be awhile until they are all up so bear with me please ;D :pop:

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:50 am

Great work Adrian ! Almost as many cars there as Atom X!

May need to get busy with some editing though ..  :)
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

P9

Post by P9 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:12 pm

What a great week end ! It is always a pleasure to meet Atom owners to share that very special passion !

Ok ok, my second passion when i am in UK is the Thatchers Gold Cider, I must admit ...  :-[

Every good things must come to an end and the way back to Belgium was cold, boring but fast as we arrived at midnight and not at 2 am as I expected.

Here is my little pictures contribution => https://picasaweb.google.com/117596986393626460373/PrecottHillClimbSchool?authkey=Gv1sRgCOWosLjEl_qGpgE#

Some are blury, some are not well taken but I do not have the time to sort so have a look !

If you would like to have a high resolution of one of these pictures, do not hesitate to PM me and I'll send it over to you !

Really big thanks again to all the Ariel crew for these 2 fantastic days and see you soon for the next event !

Geoffrey.
Last edited by P9 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.