Where driving is the aim of the game
Karl V

Re: Welsh Weekend 2019 - End of Season Hoon

Post by Karl V » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:06 pm

Works for me.

Gordon39

Post by Gordon39 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:53 pm

I would be up for this also. Haven’t manage to get to any club events since purchasing the atom a few months ago!

NigelS

Post by NigelS » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:45 am

Doesn’t work for me
Another time hopefully

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:31 am

I would like to accommodate as many as possible on this trip. Have had a couple of PMs on the subject, so between the forum and PMs will pick a date where we can accommodate the most. Clearly the earlier in October the better due to weather. Some of us just brushed the edge of a cyclone on the 2017 Welsh Trip which caused some changes to routes and some anxiety. Picture of that brush with cyclone in Club Calendar for November 2019

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:33 am

Please note, as with all trips, you are free to join us for some, or any combination of days on the trip, as you wish. Hopefully will soon have the schedule up

markwetherall

Post by markwetherall » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:39 pm

Sorry that weekend doesn't work for me

richgoflow

Post by richgoflow » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:24 pm

Justine and I might be up for this, we both grew up in North Wales so may be able to help with route planning. Bear in mind it is the Welsh Round of the WRC from 3rd to 6th October so people may want to incorporate that.

Richard

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:47 pm

Richard that would be greater you joined us. I think it would be best to avoid the area during the rally ? So make it the following weekend.

Sorry for delay in responding, i Will firm this up this week

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:56 am

OK lets firm this up for Thursday 10 October to Sunday 13 October. Weather dependent of course. Some may want to extend to include Opentrack trackday at Anglesey on Monday 14 October. I may do that.

Those who want to join us for some or part of this weekend PM me with your details so I can add you to the WhatsApp group to discuss accommodation and routes. I already have Sir Nick, IanG, and KarlV on this WhatsApp group. Even if you are only a possible let me know, so you can decide as the various details firm up.

For accommodation I am proposing a base somewhere for the weekend for 2 or maybe 3 nights. Some may wish to break the trip on the way up. We have some proposals already from TripAdvisor and Airbnb. Will finalise this soon.

For the routes, there are plenty of options again. I will setup a directory on MyRouteApp Ariel Club group, where I will add some, and others going can comment or add their own. We can finalise closer to the time.

As to getting there, because we will be arriving from different parts of the country, there are probably two main options for the 4 day weekend. 1 day driving/trailering up to the base then 2 days hooning around north Wales, then 1 day driving/trailering home. OR take 2 days getting there, enjoying other parts of Wales, then 1 day with the whole group on a good day around north Wales, then home in 1 day. I don't think we need to be prescriptive about this, and let attendees mix and match. So I will produce a 1 day North Wales route for when we are all together, then for the other days we can coordinate closer to the time.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:44 am

I can heartily recommend the Padarn Hotel. Great place to base (not far from Anglesea), and cracking food!

Plus my cousin, Lesley, owns it, so mention my name and I'm sure you'll get a deal.

https://www.padarnhotel.co.uk/

richgoflow

Post by richgoflow » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:57 am

Hoping to join you for this weekend can you please add us to the what's app group?

dunny

Re: Welsh Weekend - Oct 10-14 2019 - End of Season Hoon

Post by dunny » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:15 am

Hi,
that excited about the alps trip i forgot about the rest of the year! We will be there Graeme.

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:36 am

Great, we've now got 8 cars for some or all of the weekend, so far. Nomads and Atom :)

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:30 am

Selected a hotel, mainly based on plenty of secure parking, including for trailers. It is also on our route for main trip around north wales.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Rev ... Wales.html

https://www.waterloo-hotel.info

Ive booked for Friday 11 October and Saturday 12 October. Im thinking of taking two days to get there from the south, arriving Friday night. We can do a grand tour around north Wales on Saturday, and all return home on the Sunday, unless you are extending for trackday on Anglesey on the Monday.

Routes will be added on MyRouteApp soon. That will be the main day, the Saturday, as well as routes up to Snowdonia from the south as well. I am assuming some will join me on the southern approach route. Still to identify hotel for the Thursday night. Others approaching from elsewhere or want 2 days in north Wales (and I may change to that plan also) should book 3 nights at the hotel above, checkin Thursday 10 October and checkout Sunday 13 October.

Get booking soon. Cancellation is allowed right up until the night before, so if the weathers rubbish we can cancel

Sorry Bruce, didn't book your cousin's place, as I don't think he will have the space for possible multiple trailers, and parking for 8 plus Ariels.

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:50 am

I'm gonna opt for the 2 day tour to get to Betws-y-Coed too.