One Lap of Great Britain

Where driving is the aim of the game
Tim Arnold

Re: One Lap of Great Britain

Post by Tim Arnold » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:37 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
Perhaps circuits on the way could be included in the route, I see it goes quite near Brands, Snetterton, Cadwell to name but most of them

Ben
[/quote]

That route takes you past most of the circuits! Starting at Brands Hatch (Kent), going clockwise and using the numbered 'flags' on the map, next is Lydden (Kent), between 18 and 19; Goodwood (West Sussex) is near 22 - and Thruxton (Hants) isn't a million miles North of there!; Castle Coombe (Wilts) is just above the 30 'flag'; Pembrey (Camarthenshire, S. Wales) is just above the top right corner of the 31; Anglesey Circuit (Isle of Anglesey, N.Wales) is just to the left of the small yellow square at the top left corner of 34; Oulton Park (Cheshire - my local track) is under the 37; Three Sisters Kart Track / Aintree Racing School (Wigan, Lancs) is under/just below the 38; Knockhill is just off the route between 5 and 6; Teesside Autodrome (Middlesborough) is at 9 and Croft Autodrome (Darlington, N.Yorks) isn't far from there either; Cadwell Park (Lincs) is not a million miles off the route to the East of Lincoln; Snetterton (Norfolk) as already stated is again, not a million miles off the route between Great Yarmouth, 14, and Colchester. Only Donington, Mallory Park, Rockingham and Silverstone are too far inland to suite the route.

Tim Arnold

Post by Tim Arnold » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:46 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
They reckon on nine days at road legal speeds... Thoughts, chaps?
[/quote]

Is that on a bicycle or rollerblades, Bruce?  :D I reckon you could do it in four days, possibly three, without breaking speed limits! ;)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:49 pm

[quote="Tim Arnold"]
[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
They reckon on nine days at road legal speeds... Thoughts, chaps?
[/quote]

Is that on a bicycle or rollerblades, Bruce?  :D I reckon you could do it in four days, possibly three, without breaking speed limits! ;)

[/quote]

That's 9am to 5pm with a break for lunch!
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:51 pm

[quote="Tim Arnold"]
[quote="benyeats"]
Perhaps circuits on the way could be included in the route, I see it goes quite near Brands, Snetterton, Cadwell to name but most of them

Ben
[/quote]

That route takes you past most of the circuits! Starting at Brands Hatch (Kent), going clockwise and using the numbered 'flags' on the map, next is Lydden (Kent), between 18 and 19; Goodwood (West Sussex) is near 22 - and Thruxton (Hants) isn't a million miles North of there!; Castle Coombe (Wilts) is just above the 30 'flag'; Pembrey (Camarthenshire, S. Wales) is just above the top right corner of the 31; Anglesey Circuit (Isle of Anglesey, N.Wales) is just to the left of the small yellow square at the top left corner of 34; Oulton Park (Cheshire - my local track) is under the 37; Three Sisters Kart Track / Aintree Racing School (Wigan, Lancs) is under/just below the 38; Knockhill is just off the route between 5 and 6; Teesside Autodrome (Middlesborough) is at 9 and Croft Autodrome (Darlington, N.Yorks) isn't far from there either; Cadwell Park (Lincs) is not a million miles off the route to the East of Lincoln; Snetterton (Norfolk) as already stated is again, not a million miles off the route between Great Yarmouth, 14, and Colchester. Only Donington, Mallory Park, Rockingham and Silverstone are too far inland to suite the route.

[/quote]

Anyone want to organise those tracks in sequence on consecutive days? Sounds like a nightmare, but possible with help from Mr Palmer et al...

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:54 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
How could London be the 3rd largest economy when the UK itself is 4th largest (arguably 5th possibly having been overtaken by China depending on what metrics you use to measure) ?
[/quote]

Beats me - I just read stuff!

I think it said that if each country was divided into its respecive chunks, California would be top, followed by I think New York, and then London.

I think without London, the UK drops down below the Belgians! ;D

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:51 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="benyeats"]
How could London be the 3rd largest economy when the UK itself is 4th largest (arguably 5th possibly having been overtaken by China depending on what metrics you use to measure) ?
[/quote]

Beats me - I just read stuff!

I think it said that if each country was divided into its respecive chunks, California would be top, followed by I think New York, and then London.

I think without London, the UK drops down below the Belgians! ;D
[/quote]

Makes some sense if it is all broken up.  Would expect Tokyo to be above NY mind you.  Also breaking out California is cheating as it is huge compared to London.

Anyway off to New Years party now.  Happy new year all

Ben

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:58 pm

(a message to ATOMFUN) pink, and have a bacardi and coke waiting for me.

No i will be in the American pub, Land of the Brave (kind of goes with Llandewi Breffi)