Road trip to Monaco

Where driving is the aim of the game
sebby

Road trip to Monaco

Post by sebby » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:07 pm

My 160 should be ready in March.
A colleague and I are intending to take a trip down to St Tropez, Cannes, Nice and Monaco. We are hoping to go via the Milau bridge (as featured on Top Gear).
We will be leaving around 28th July 06 from Plymouth and be on the road for approximately 1 week.
If anyone fancies joining us in a convoy you'd be more than welcome!

Bruce Fielding

Re: Road trip to Monaco

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:09 pm

See: http://forum.atomclub.com/https://atomc ... ic.php?t=9

If the two owners in the South of France would care to contact Seb...

Alternatively, another trip might be nice!
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Gruffy

Post by Gruffy » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:42 pm

You might be interested in The Furball we've been organising ('we' being the guys behind the Tunnel Runs and last year's Furball). I'm hoping to get my paws on an Atom in time for the run (but sadly not in time for the Milau Hoon). I know I'll see a couple of you on the Midnight Run this weekend (and I've already met John before) but it'd be great to chat to you guys in person about the ownership experience.

Gruffy

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:11 pm

[quote="Gruffy"]
it'd be great to chat to you guys in person about the ownership experience.

Gruffy
[/quote]

Ownership experience is just one big

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Gruffy

Post by Gruffy » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:14 pm

So, reading between the lines, I'm guessing you'd recommend it?

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:16 pm

Ummmmm, YES

Gruffy

Post by Gruffy » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:20 pm

In fairness, I'm already sold :) I'm just looking to chat to people and learn about the reality of ownership and maybe pick up some advice on what to look out for when buying.

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:37 pm

Hi Gruffy

You'd probably be best just reading back through some of the posts as this question is probably one of the most commonly asked.

I ordered in May last year and collected on 5th November.

If you don't like people watching you eat, don't sit in the Atom while eating your burger!! Better sit near the window in Macs or Burger King  and just watch as people gather around your car :) It warms you up inside and that's not the burger coz it's cold by now!

The Atom is the only car I've ever owned in which I actually enjoy getting stuck in traffic jams! People hang out their cars taking pics on their mobile phones, they slow down to view the car from all angles, they wind down their windows and try engaging you in conversation, it's just the ultimate buzz and then of course as the traffic clears, you're reminded that your driving one of the quickest cars on the road!

Enjoy the forum

As James (fastbuck) says "Ariel makes your whites browner!"
Last edited by AtomFun on Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:43 pm

Sebby,

IS there any chance of seeing you on the trip to the Millau Viaduct at the end of May?  I am really hoping to get a big group out for this trip.

Gruffy,

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday night.  Please come up and introduce yourself.  There should be three Atoms or at the worst 3 owners and one Atom.  Bruce and Ben are hoping to get their cars back on the road this week.

Buy the car.  The weridest experience now is when driving in a normal car no one automatically smiles at you, takes your photo or gives way to you.  ;D

Gruffy

Post by Gruffy » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:18 pm

[quote="John Lloyd"]
There should be three Atoms or at the worst 3 owners and one Atom.[/quote]
I've got a mental image now of someone drawing the short straw and having to cling onto the nose of the car for the entire run.

Will try and introduce myself. I'll be a busy guy on Saturday night, but if you see me don't be shy. I'll be in the Furball Elise. I'm tall (like everybody here by the sounds of it) and probably wearing a Le Mans jacket.

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:23 pm

[quote="Gruffy"]
I'm tall (like everybody here by the sounds of it) and probably wearing a Le Mans jacket.
[/quote]

No, I bring down the average hight of an Atom driver by quite alot. I have the seat so far forward I've got a second boot between the seat and engine bulk head!

Gruffy

Post by Gruffy » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:26 pm

We had a good chat at Pie on the Beach in the summer and, I have to be honest, I didn't remember you as being particularly suited to basketball  ;)

Still, it's reassuring to read about guys taller than me not having any issues with the car :)

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:32 pm

[quote="John Lloyd"]
I have the seat so far forward I've got a second boot between the seat and engine bulk head!
[/quote]

But just think about what that does for the weight distribution...  ;D

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:07 am

[quote="Driver"]

But just think about what that does for the weight distribution...  ;D

[/quote]

I am not sure it helps with the distribution, but I help with the weight. :D

sebby

Post by sebby » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:12 am

[quote="John Lloyd"]
Sebby,

IS there any chance of seeing you on the trip to the Millau Viaduct at the end of May?  I am really hoping to get a big group out for this trip.

[/quote]

I'd really love to but I doubt it. There are a number of reasons.
1. I'm running a trip for students to Paris which returns on Saturday 27th May.
2. I may have only had the car for 1 month by then and could possibly be looking to do the 500 mile service around then.
3. "Two trips to Millau in one year seems a bit excessive" the words of my g/friend.

Thanks very much for the invite. Please, please invite me on future trips. I'll be there!!