Le Mans 2009

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
tiger

Le Mans 2009

Post by tiger » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:06 am

Hello Everybody,

Anybody from AAOC going to Le Mans 2009?
It would be nice to see you there!  :tu:

Franck

Bruce Fielding

Re: Le Mans 2009

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:11 am

I know of at least one - Harsh (who you met on tour).

He's actually organising a trip down there, but I won't mention it specifically for fear of wearing too many hats!
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Harsh

Post by Harsh » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:40 am

I am indeed,

We're working with one of the best campsite organisers at Le Mans...Team Langoustine.
they have given us a block of pitches in their sold out campsite.
it's being organised and discussed here..

http://www.petrolheadnirvana.com/torque ... 551&page=3

they places are being held until the end of January.
we're not marking the prices up in any way at all, simply organising a group to travel there and back as well as 'hang out' together.

you're more than welcome to join us...just follow the instructions on the thread (making sure you mention PN when booking so you get the reserved pitches) and add your name to the list.....

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:19 pm

As PN aren't making money on this, I think I can safely leave it here (and not move it to For Sale)

As a director of PN, I'm super sensitive about these things, but if anyone thinks it should be moved, please PM me.

julian

Post by julian » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:06 pm

Does anyone else fancy this trip? I have signed up via Bachi and Team Langoustine, I thought it sounded really good and I think reasonable cost, ferry is only £38, 4 nights £255 + general entry ticket. Bachi has worked out a good route down avoiding motorways.

You can get more details via the link shown above. It would be great to go with more AAOC members. 5 days sunshine and beers, cant be bad?

Regards

Julian 

356speedster

Post by 356speedster » Mon May 18, 2009 8:01 pm

Late joiner I know, but I'm booked now!  Am heading down in the Atom with a mate in his 911 GT3.  We're heading down on Friday morning, so should be there around lunch time.  Would be good to see some other AAOC members there....

julian

Post by julian » Tue May 19, 2009 2:04 pm

Speedster,

I am travelling with the rest of the Petrolhead people on the Thursday. Team Langoustine have a designated camping area which is where I will be staying. Check the link above to the Petrolhead website for further details about where we are staying. See you there.

Regards

Julian

356speedster

Post by 356speedster » Tue May 19, 2009 3:01 pm

Cheers Julian.  We're staying @ Bounty Lakes, but we're planning on going over to the Mulsane PistonHeads meeting on Friday lunch time / afternoon.  Will you be across there?  Looks like a load of UK cars in attendance with a closed off town centre - should be good.

Mark

Harsh

Post by Harsh » Tue May 19, 2009 7:28 pm

I have a feeling we may well be there ;)

julian

Post by julian » Wed May 20, 2009 8:27 am

If thats the place to be, then count me in.

Julian

356speedster

Post by 356speedster » Sat May 30, 2009 5:09 pm

Right, I'm almost ready for Le Mans.... the car is decorated in a rather "Less Is More" style (compared to some people's approach to Le Mans car decoration!).  Just the quick release number plate to go....

[align=center]Image
Image[/align]

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:39 pm

Of course, you do understand that the more stickers, the more likely you are to be pulled...?

356speedster

Post by 356speedster » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:00 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
Of course, you do understand that the more stickers, the more likely you are to be pulled...?
[/quote]

Hence keeping it discreet & keeping the car legal ;)  Now with the Steve Gibson inspired front numberplate in progress, I've just got to find a place to keep the warning triangle that won't fit in the boot!!

julian

Re: Le Mans 2009 - Speeding

Post by julian » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:35 am

Had a great weekend at Le Mans. I didnt use the car at all once we had arrived. I was going to go to that closed off section but warned not to bother as the locals throw water over you, however I was also told the water pistols are often filled with piss, didnt fancy that!

Seperate issue, I palled up with two lads from the North driving a Ferrari. I got a telephone call from them asking for help on thier way back, they left the race early. They apparantly were chasing an R8 that shot past them, the Ferrari overtook it doing 146mph. Police using radar clocked him and pulled him over 30km down the road.

Seized the car, took them to a cash point and took 750 Euros off him, took D/License and given a date in September for Court to return to France. Has anyone had a similar experience? His biggest concern is getting his car back.

I have looked on Pistonheads, there are some posts on this but all a bit vague. What is the likely outcome? Who knows a decent French Lawyer regarding traffic matters?

jon b

Post by jon b » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:27 am

Yep the French Police around Le Mans time do not mess around - you just have to be very, very careful.  We are all like animal bate and this is a sport to them.  They will get the car back eventually but i guess it will be used as security until a penalty, decision has been made