Supercar Sunday at Gaydon this Sunday

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
Bruce Fielding

Supercar Sunday at Gaydon this Sunday

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:13 pm

Anyone going?

http://www.supercarsunday.co.uk/pages/f ... tures.html

My car will be...

Here's the gen if you don't want to click the link:

The show is being supported by the following clubs this year:
Chiltern 7s, Skyline Owners Club, Auto Adrenalin UK, Mid Kent TVR Club, Cobra Replica Club (Midlands Area), Z Autos, MX-5 Owners Club, Nissansportz, Lotus Esprit Club, The Independent Porsche Enthusiasts Club, TVR Car Club, TVR Car Club (Midlands), GT40 Enthusiasts Club, Buckinghamshire Ferrari, MR2 Mk1 Club, Northants Ferrari Owners, Z Club, Viper Club of America, Mid Essex TVR Car Club, Club Lancia Sport, Petrolhead Nirvana, Porsche Club GB, Club Velocita, The Lamborghini Club UK.

Everyman Racing are supporting the show with a display of cars and opportunity for visitors to book an experience day.

This year's show will include not just supercars but performance and sports cars. In addition a variety of exciting activities for everyone will be taking place including a selection of live music.

RUSS SWIFT'S CARABATICS
Russ Swift returns again this year with his fantastic car stunts in the main show arena.

Two displays will take place during the show where Russ will demonstrate his amazing driving ability.

Visitors will again have the chance to bid on the day for an exclusive ride during one of Russ's displays. Please note participants must be over 16.

SUPERCAR COMPETITIONS
A variety of supercar competitions will be taking place including the coveted Supercar of the Year award with the final decision being made at 3.00pm.

SUPERCAR CAVALCADE
Watch the Supercar Cavalcade - see the 2006 cavalcade here! Auto Adrenalin will be arriving in a cavalcade at 10.30am.

DREAM RIDES
Enjoy Supercar Dream Rides where you can bid for a ride in your favourite supercar. Organised by Sporting Bears www.sportingbears.org.uk

MONT BLANC CLIMBING WALL
Test your rock climbing skills on the Mont Blanc Climbing Wall. www.montblancclimbingwall.co.uk
Last edited by Bruce Fielding on Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

morgy

Re: Supercar Sunday at Gaydon this Sunday

Post by morgy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:44 pm

where is it being held
??? ???

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:15 pm

[quote="morgy"]
where is it being held
??? ???
[/quote]

Gaydon at a guess !  Suspect at the heritage motor museum.  Visited the other week and worth a visit as long as you like your cars British, old and not necessarily exciting you will love it

Ben

morgy

Post by morgy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:21 pm

yah sorry i did mean where is gaydon!!! just googled it  ::)

Harsh

Post by Harsh » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:55 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="morgy"]
where is it being held
??? ???
[/quote]

Gaydon at a guess !  Suspect at the heritage motor museum.  Visited the other week and worth a visit as long as you like your cars British, old and not necessarily exciting you will love it

Ben
[/quote]

as a rule Ben you're right, however this sunday is decidely different!
Last year was a supercarfest and even though it clashes with Le man, fathers day and the bromley pageant i suspect it will still be very well attended.

we'll be up there from 9am and Bruce's Atom will indeed be in our enclosure (all being well!)

morgy

Post by morgy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:21 pm

got room for one small one  ;D

Harsh

Post by Harsh » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:43 pm

[quote="morgy"]
got room for one small one  ;D
[/quote]

sure, we're planning to be there about 9am
does that work for you?

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:43 pm

[quote="Harsh"]
[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="morgy"]
where is it being held
??? ???
[/quote]

Ben
[/quote]

as a rule Ben you're right, however this sunday is decidely different!
Last year was a supercarfest and even though it clashes with Le man, fathers day and the bromley pageant i suspect it will still be very well attended.

we'll be up there from 9am and Bruce's Atom will indeed be in our enclosure (all being well!)
[/quote]

Hang on, don't take me the wrong way I do like my cars British, old and not necessarily exciting ;)  Actually the Mrs is off to Blenheim palace on Sunday so quite tempted to come along.

Ben

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:02 am

I'll probably be doing this. Wont be there until lunchtime though.

Cheers, Hedge

Harsh

Post by Harsh » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:37 am

clearly i should have done a longer lurking apprenticeship to get to know likes/dislikes and humour better :)

be gentle with me

morgy

Post by morgy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:08 am

Hedge

could you up load some of the photos you took of my car as i cant seem to do it  >:(

Many thanks

morgy

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:19 am

Morgy

Sure thing, once I'm back (Thursday).

Cheers, hedge

RichardR

Post by RichardR » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:33 am

Had a drive past as it was only 10mins down the road from me.

Seems someone decided to stick a plymouth Prowler in a ditch at the entrance (how they managed that on a straight bit of road I don't know). Police & ambulance in attendance.

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:39 am

[quote="RichardR"]

Had a drive past as it was only 10mins down the road from me.

Seems someone decided to stick a plymouth Prowler in a ditch at the entrance (how they managed that on a straight bit of road I don't know). Police & ambulance in attendance.
[/quote]

Hmmm, quite tough to do that. Jerk.

It was a good day, all round. Deffo one for the kids/ family. Feels odd, cos you get somewhat blase about walking past (say) the Fezza camp. Just one red Ferrari after another and so they just blur a bit. Similarly, the Lambos. When they're parked one next to another, they all seem a bit samey - obviously a ridiculous observation but it's how I felt, for what it's worth. The Craterhams had a field to their own. Quite liked that; no bugger went near them ;D

The museum itself is interesting, too. I'd go next year and take sprogs with....

Cheers, Hedge

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:22 pm

[quote="Hedge"]
When they're parked one next to another, they all seem a bit samey
[/quote]

Completely agree... I felt the same way at Goodwood a couple of weeks ago.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London