Curborough Sprint Course

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
Karl V

Re: Curborough Sprint Course

Post by Karl V » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:19 pm

Spoke to our man at Curborough Sprint Course today.

As expected, we need to be organised - or be prepared to pay for First Aid cover, Marshalling, Power Generators, Grave Diggers and Time Keepers.

Still not adverse to this idea - it sounds fun - but even if we get ourselves organised to turn up, someone here would need to pretend to be a grown up on the day to make sure we stick to the rules and have fun - in equal measures.

Not sure I have the cognitive capacity to handle this right now. One for later maybe?

Jerry

Post by Jerry » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:18 pm

To be honest, not my favourite circuit. But who am I, I have no idea? Stuck in Hong Kong, with a Nomad that is rusted to the floor. However, my choice would be a proper circuit, if I was in the UK.

Spikey_head

Post by Spikey_head » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:43 pm

I'll prod the bloke that used to run the events I used to go to a few years ago and see if he has any suggestions, or can help directly.

Rich_Dagley

Post by Rich_Dagley » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:58 pm

Hi guys, Kev (Spikey_head) sent me a link to this thread so thought I'd drop a few notes.

I used to run days at Curborough for approx 5 years under the name "Sprint & Trackday" with my good mate Dan. I know Kev has attended our dates and I'm sure Fesuvious has too (through Andy Chatham?).

We used to go through a gentleman called David Pattison to hire the circuit, he used to be the course secretary for the Shenstone & District Car Club (the club in charge of circuit hire etc). Unfortunately, the committee had a reshuffle in early 2020 and now somebody called Chris Gwilliam is (or was) in charge of circuit hire. This reshuffle has made it very difficult for people to book the circuit due to mandatory paperwork that doesn't make sense and a general lack of organisation.

To cut a long story shut, I had a big ding dong with the committee and have subsequently been banned from hiring the circuit after years of loyal, well organised and sensible custom.

I wish I could assist further with booking a date but we're not best friends at the minute. We used to run rally days with some of the 6R4 guys and I know they're potentially looking to book the day themselves and get me and Dan to run it on their behalf on the day. I would, of course, be happy to do this for you guys too and conduct timing and marshalling etc (Kev will vouch for our days) but it would probably be best to be upfront with the committee and inform them of the plan if this is something you'd like to do.

I'm just sorry I can't help more with the actual booking but if you have any questions with running the days themselves please ask away and I'll help in any way I can.

Rich

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:43 pm

Thanks for your feedback on this gents.

It sounds like we may knock this one on the head for now. Having a chunk of tarmac for exclusive Ariel use sounds enticing, but if we've gotta play by 'the rules' without anyone there to enforce 'the rules', this can only really end up in one of us (guess who...) playing Policeman and making themselves even more unpopular. Sigh...

fesuvious

Post by fesuvious » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:25 pm

I'll do it.

I will declare here and now I will be a complete asshole to anybody who takes the pee.

I may even wear a prefect badge