South East Breakfast Meet - Sunday 19 July - CANCELLED

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
Karl V

Re: South East Breakfast Meet - Sunday 19 July

Post by Karl V » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:23 pm

That's great news Sven! I went past there on Friday and it was quiet :(

SvenTheHammer

Post by SvenTheHammer » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:20 am

Unfortunately I’m going to miss the 19th blast. Will be in the Isle of Wight🙁

travelbug63

Post by travelbug63 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:48 am

I'm in for the 19th... assuming car's back from service
Atom 4, Jaguar I Pace, Honda cr-v (dog carrier), Mini JCW (wife's)

Miles

Post by Miles » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:04 pm

Me too - new member here, owned a Nomad for 18 (brilliant) months looking for other Nomad's / Atoms to play with... I'm based 10 miles SW of Guildford.. Is the plan to still meet at Eashing Services 08:00?

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:01 pm

Welcome Miles.

Always good to have another Nomad 'nearby'. There's a group of 6 or 7 of us not a million miles from Guildford and you'll normally find us either down at Devil's Punchbowl or Leith Hill ;-)

Hopefully the route details for Sunday should be firmed up this week.

Looks like the weather next weekend could be another cracker!

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:37 pm

Sorry for delay chaps. Been busy, but also finding it difficult to get a suitable breakfast location.

Two options really. Normally we go for a bikers type cafe like Rykas and others. According to a biker friend of mine these have been "heaving" since easing of lock down. No social distancing at all. So not ideal in the current climate.

The alternative was a sit down breakfast, socially distanced etc at a pub or something. I found one near the Guildford starting point, but that would delay us getting onto emptier roads. There are also a couple I was thinking of near Basingstoke with the original plan end point, which would be ideal, but one still hasn't opened since lockdown, and the other only opens at 12, so too late really. In all these cases it requires a booking and they will only take 6, in terms of government guidelines/law, and plenty of other faff like sitting at different tables, probably outside, giving all your details etc etc. Not worth it in my view.

So how about meeting at the Lower Eashing services on A3 at 0800 (Im happy to meet earlier if you want) (Eashing BP Service Station A3, Lower Eashing, Godalming GU7 2QG), have a quick coffee, refuel if need be, then head off into south downs for a little run. A mix of 30mph pretty villages and open roads. Instead of heading north at Petersfield to Basingstoke (as per above), we can head east on A272 to Loomies bikers cafe. It should be less busy in the morning for an end point, and a full breakfast if you want. Also other car clubs do meet there, so we may be lucky and spot some other interesting cars and bikes. https://www.loomiescafe.co.uk
Total route 57 miles, about 1hr30 for the Nomads, 10 minutes for the atoms :fence:

Unfortunately the Goodwood circuit cafe along the route remains closed at the moment, so no stop there. Draft route below...may fine tune it next couple of days and post a GPX file here.

https://goo.gl/maps/2h6pFPEWp9FPV5SY7

The original plan to end at the coffee fuel house near Brighton is not an option, they are closed. Definitely an option for next year.

So far I think we have; (please respect social distancing)
GraemeW
KarlV
travelbug63
IanG
Miles
Winmoz - maybe
Sir Nick - maybe
Chris Bullick -maybe

Any others? Those above please confirm either way so we don't wait for someone who isn't going to arrive. Sven, is Tom or Chris coming? I know they don't use this forum.

Ian and Winmoz we could meet near Basingstoke if you want on the way to the meeting point. Let me know

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:33 am

Hey Graeme. All sounds great!

I was with Sven and Miles (Travelbug63) last Sunday and I'm pretty sure they can't make this Sunday, but you may want to check directly.

I'm a big fan of your breakfast meet formats - early meet; hoon; stop off for a lettuce sandwich / herbal tea and a chat.

Happy to grab the GPX file from you when it's ready. We've recently changed the forum so that GPX files can be uploaded to the forum. And of course, the Events section is 'Members Only', so it's not like the fun police can see the routes ;)

:tu:

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:48 pm

If no one can make it think we should cancel. Maybe due covid? I don’t think 3 or 4 cars is quorate for a breakfast meet

Mutley

Post by Mutley » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:12 pm

Hi Guys - barring any unforseen domestic challenges I (that's Chris) will be up for this.

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:17 pm

I'm not sure COVID is keeping people at bay. The roads have been pretty chocker for months now and the last 4 meets I've been on over the past month or so have been well attended.

Let's do this!

Lower Eashing services (BP/Spar) on A3 at 0800, then a tour through South Downs ending at a biker cafe.

Attached is a GPX file and as Graeme said, here is a Google Map route.

[mention]Miles[/mention] - hope you can make it - should be nice and local hopefully
[mention]IanG[/mention] - still planning to scare us with your hybrid engine?
[mention]Winmoz[/mention] - do you have your car back? Is that Supercharger in need of a workout? Maybe try and get Uncle [mention]Peter255[/mention] along too?
[mention]Mutley[/mention] - hope you can make it Sir. We need the Nomad numbers with these Atom nutters!

And an arbitrary mention to [mention]Spoony[/mention] and [mention]Trigger[/mention] in case you missed this, and [mention]TBev[/mention] and [mention]Cjg62[/mention] if it's not too far... Don't want anyone feeling left out and getting shafted with household duties!

I've never been to Meon, let alone West Meon. Rumour has it that it's sunny there...

image.png
image.png (25.88 KiB) Viewed 743 times

GPX File
Eashing_Service_Station_to_Petersfield.gpx
(106.46 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

Spoony

Post by Spoony » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:48 am

I'm good to go for Sunday too.

CAG3D

Post by CAG3D » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:45 pm

I’m planning on attending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelbug63

Post by travelbug63 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:34 pm

Hi there, as Karl mentioned sorry but I can't make this coming Sunday as have to be elsewhere. Shame, the weather's looking good.

Have fun
Atom 4, Jaguar I Pace, Honda cr-v (dog carrier), Mini JCW (wife's)

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:36 pm

:tu:

Thanks Gents.

And now the weather watching begins...

Winmoz

Post by Winmoz » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:03 pm

Got car back and need to go for a blast. Graeme, shall we meet in amazingstoke before hand?