2020 South East Breakfast Meets

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
GraemeW

2020 South East Breakfast Meets

Post by GraemeW » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:11 pm

Placeholder for details of our monthly breakfast meets

GraemeW

Re: 2020 South East Breakfast Meets

Post by GraemeW » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:39 pm

As this time of the year is so depressing with Christmas costs coming in, short days and return to work, most people plan their summer holidays now, in order to lift their spirits. Well I'm doing likewise with some of our proposed events this year (as well as trying to agree holiday plans with the committee)

So I'm scouting out some new petrolhead meeting places for our breakfast meets , that also have good roads leading to them. In addition to some of the old favourites like Goodwood. Perhaps we will have some themes like Breakfast in Brighton or Breakfast @ Biggin Hill. Any suggestions from Breakfast meet attendees welcome. To add to my list.

For those who attend these, I want to ask about the first scheduled breakfast meet on Sunday 19 April. It is followed by the Wake up Wilton a week later, many of us are interested in ---> viewtopic.php?f=66&t=17725

Im happy to get the Atom out for two Sundays in a row. Im retired, so every day is a Sunday, but those who work may prefer to combine? If so, Im happy and we can make the first Breakfast meet the Winton event on 26 April. We don't need to decide right now I suppose.

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:22 pm

Given the chances of 2 dry Sundays in a row, you may find the decision is made for you Graeme ;-)

With regards locations for Breakfast Meets, I didn't go much on Newlands Corner last year. I thought is was a bit sparse with a tiny cafe-type place.

I thought Rykas, Goodwood and Merc Benz World worked well. The trip to Brighton was fun, but maybe we should plan a bit on what to do when we get there. Biggin Hill sounds interesting.

I guess a lot will depend on where folk are based and who is coming out to play...???

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:51 pm

Yes Newlands was a waste of time. When I went there before it was heaving with car and bike clubs, with interesting stuff to see, but then they introduced pay parking and it killed it all by the time we got there.

Ive found a couple of places in Brighton, one frequented by car clubs as well, with parking. MB World id a great venue but roads not that great to drive there? anyway watch this space

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:49 pm

To wet your appetite, a provisional schedule for the first few. All dependent upon weather.
Pencil them in your diaries now.

Sunday 19 April - Goodwood
Kick off the breakfast runs on the old favourite through finest West Sussex roads to Goodwood circuit and cafe for breakfast. https://www.goodwood.com/stay-dine-rela ... rcuit-Cafe
Circuit not in use that day so plenty of parking. We can arrange meeting points for the run down, closer to the time.

Sunday 17 May - Rykas then Biggin Hill
Meet at Rykas for breakfast then optional run on some good roads to Biggin Hill airfield

Sunday 21 June - Breakfast in Brighton
Well near Brighton. Meet at Rykas, then run down toward Brighton. To eat at Fuel coffee house, Golding Barn
https://www.fuel-coffee-house.com

later dates to follow......

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:45 pm

[mention]GraemeW[/mention] - I've split this into 3 separate topics so that you can update each one individually as we get closer the time.

:vroom: :checkeredflag:

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:50 pm

Graham/Karl

I would like to suggest as a possible alternative Sunday Breakfast Meet that you might like to have a look at the 'Beachcomber' Cafe - it does an excellent breakfast - it is located in Barton-On-Sea and is open all year round!

5 Marine Drive East, Barton on Sea, New Milton BH25 7DT. (01425 611599)

Website home : http://www.beachcomber-cafe.co.uk/
Breakfast Menu : http://www.beachcomber-cafe.co.uk/menu.html

My wife & I have often stayed at the Pebble Beach (which also does a good but more expensive breakfast) and is a short stroll away from the Beachcomber. https://www.pebblebeach-uk.com/

Barton is a pleasant place to visit with stunning views across the Solent.

To get there would mean a leisurely run down through the New Forest which I have always enjoyed - but, access being through the New Forest, it's best to start early!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.73603 ... 384!8i8192
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:01 am

Thanks Paul. We will probably add that one in. May even get Alex BS out of bed for that one. He lives just next town

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:06 am

Are you planning on being in the UK at some point this year Paul?

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:55 am

Karl

I will definitely be in the UK during May as I will be routing through LHR on my way to Albusdent Dental Clinic in Krakow to have the final version of my new crown implants crowbarred in!

However, if the mood strikes I may return for a few days before then but, as yet, haven't made any plans?.

It's been a bit of a traumatic morning today as my housekeeper failed her driving test this morning in torrential rain - for the second time - and is currently in floods of tears and, at the moment, is completely inconsolable!
Apparently she was failed, despite the road conditions, for being too cautious!!
!
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:57 am

You should have lent her the Atom Paul ;-)

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:34 pm

I’ve cancelled the first one on the 19th April as all facilities are closed because of Covid 19.

Will monitor situation for the others