Kop Hill

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
reg

Kop Hill

Post by reg » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:47 pm

www.kophillclimb.org

21/22 of September. 10th anniversary this year, they’ve raised £637,000 so far, all volunteers and enthusiasts.

I’m going to be going up the hill twice each day, they’re selling rides for charity.

It’s a wonderfully relaxed event hosting cars and bikes from all eras. McLaren are bringing the Senna back this year, rumour is, it might be quicker than the Atom this time :)

Please come and support it if you’re free. Trade stands, Porsche, BMW, BAC, Mercedes, all sorts.

Hope to see you there for a beer.

CAG3D

Re: Kop Hill

Post by CAG3D » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:20 pm

How did you manage to get a run?

I live local to Kop Hill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IanG

Post by IanG » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:01 am

😎
See you there :vroom:

reg

Post by reg » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:22 pm

The afternoon after the day before.

A great weekend overall, met a load of new faces as well as some who have attended for years. I'm still truely amazed at the variety of the cars on show, from a steam powered 1900's chariot to a Ferrari 250 SWB.

I was surprised at the interest in the car again, especially in the company it was keeping, loads of questions about everything from 'if I built it myself, to what the standard boost was'

ImageIMG_5968 by roo_p, on Flickr

The runs on the second day were good, a little bit damp in places mind you.

Imagewet by roo_p, on Flickr

About 5 mins before I was standing there waiting to go up, then those terrifically brave motorcyclists declared it unsafe :D It was actually more the road back down into the town which has an off camber hairpin, it's a bit unpleasant when washed in chalk and bits of tree etc. Anyway, after an hour of it we restarted.

Not much grip so just made a lot of noise. Passenger got covered in mud but was grinning like a Cheshire cat. The final passenger was one of the events people. Similarly a good time. It's all a bit manky this morning but it's just dirt. Quite a few yesterday left when the weather turned, I didn't see the point, people had come to see the cars and both seats, despite the token gesture with the umbrella were completely full :) One guy suggested a plug in the base of them :rofl:

ZZR's were predictable enough and I was getting quite confident, always a good time to pack things in.

The start of the cleanup today. The worst is off and I'll be messing with it more in the week. It'll take a while to get it spotless. Main bits are all ACF'd and treated. Still comes up very well.

Imagethe clean up by roo_p, on Flickr

So in summary.

Sunburn, dry runs. Monsoon and mud. Bikers hiding in tents. Met Baron Von Grumble, who, by the way, is a really cool bloke as well as Edd China, who was flogging his new book. Already have people asking about passenger rides next year :rofl:

Full album of the day here if you want a look

The dry run with my new 80yr bff

atom through the trees

Anon

Post by Anon » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:52 pm

Looks like you had some fun, regardless of whether! Do you have the sports exhaust? because it sounds very loud going through the trees.

reg

Post by reg » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:50 pm

[mention]simonrhart[/mention]

Yes it’s running the sports exhaust, wouldn’t be without it :)

Anon

Post by Anon » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:07 pm

[mention]reg[/mention] it sounds mega!!