La Chasse

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
reg

La Chasse

Post by reg » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:59 pm

I can't remember entering this, but must of as I have a confirmation email :D

It's next weekend. Anyone else going?
'he was reet fast'

phil4

Re: La Chasse

Post by phil4 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:06 am

Was that the one at Weston on the Green?  Never heard any more since registering... at a guess you fulfilled their Atom quota :)

Hope you get some good weather, and have fun!

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:41 am

Isn't that the one in the afternoons with the sarky know-it-alls at the top of a hill of arrow-shaped LCDs?
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

IanG

Post by IanG » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:48 pm

Hi Reg
Not invited but if you let me know where you are starting or going and the weather is any good
I might gate crash.
Ferrari 328 Audi A5

Andrew300

Post by Andrew300 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:57 pm

Anybody got a link what it's all about, seem to remember putting my name down for something Phil posted up on Facebook ages ago
Ariel Nomad,Toyota GT86 and a T5 work horse ,oh and a 4x4 for winter

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:13 pm

phil4

Post by phil4 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:02 am

Never got a confirmation etc.... but got an itinerary this morning.

At this short notice however I won't be able to make it.

Perhaps they should work on their communication a bit.

reg

Post by reg » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:30 pm

Popped over there this am, roads were shite, car is now filthy  ;D

My camera took a dump and the pictures are a bit screwed up, but I'll link them later.

Anyway, I was parked up near an MEV Exocet, the same  JPS liveried one that was at Kop Hill. Now, I have to admit they're not my cup of tea, but I came away from talking to the chap, having also been a jerk not knowing he was the owner, feeling like the world's biggest snob. I mean, I thought about it a lot on the way home, and it's all a bit embarrassing. So. I am going to say that whilst I am not into them, I admire anyone who takes the decision to own something different, be it Caterham, Westy, MEV, Locust or Atom (even those with windscreens  ;D j/k). It was a good lesson to learn for me, consider yourself reprimanded, who me?, yes, ok, cool. The guy had been on here and seen his car savaged, can't have been the best experience  :(

I hung around for an hour, a few things to look at but after the camera died that was that. Lots of Mclarens, mix of Lambo's and Ferrari's. More to the point it was a good excuse to go for a drive and learn a little more about the new dampers in less than ideal conditions.

Now to start cleaning  >:(
'he was reet fast'

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:09 am

Still not wild about the idea of a treasure hunt in fast cars with a chase car. Although they stress no speeding, I can't see how that's in the spirit of the exercise.

I bet they charge a mint for the privilege too.

phil4

Post by phil4 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:56 am

Hi Bruce,

I think what you're referring to is one of these:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/la-chasse-cotswolds-sunday-scurry-tickets-31601915179

Cost of the above is about £30, it's a bit more for their Italian version.

I agree, I doubt very much speed limits are stuck to, and I expect people to be blasting around.

I think the event Reg went to was more a cars and coffee meet, where everyone parks up and admires (or otherwise) the other cars around.

reg

Post by reg » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:06 am

Back in the day we used to run 'treasure hunts', before cameras and the like, it was carnage ;D

I think it'll mean a lot of three point turns and getting lost, not really top of my list for a weekend. But good luck their venture. In the flyer they gave out this coffee meet was an introduction to them, and these other things that they are hosting.

It was a total sod to clean the car, cut hands and loads of scrubbing, it irritated me to the point of selling it  >:(
'he was reet fast'

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:00 pm

Reg

May I suggest that you consider temporarily exporting your Atom to Cyprus where four Syrians at the 'Mr Clean' Car wash will pressure foam/hand wash, chamois and polish an Atom (inside/outside and underneath) in about 15 minutes all for €10 (Euro)!  :tu:  ;)  :OT:

All happening while you are enjoying a free cup of coffee in the air conditioned waiting lounge area!
Last edited by autobackup on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:02 pm

[quote="phil4"]
I think what you're referring to is one of these:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/la-chasse-cotswolds-sunday-scurry-tickets-31601915179
[/quote]

Those are the same guys I think... The coffee thing that you went to is the gateway drug... You can see it on their website (it's a password protected area but the password really isn't difficult to guess - I got it first go)

"La Chasse Events Welcomed All Automotive Enthusiasts To Our Inaugural "Cars & Coffee" Gathering Of 2017. The event took place on Saturday The 4th Of March, Located In The Beautiful Setting Of "The Manor" At Weston-On-The-Green, Oxfordshire.

"We had a selection of 100+ enthusiast cars on show. If you missed the chance to see us, please register below for updates on upcoming events, road rallies and meets."

And this on the same site regarding the tours...

"Each event features a lead vehicle, known as the "Hare" car.  This will set off at the start of the event and leave clues for your team to use alongside our navigation technology - our app created on an iPad provided per team.  Your team is tasked with both solving unfolding challenges and also driving to each checkpoint successfully to chase down the Hare car.  Points are awarded for a variety of criteria throughout the event and you will be competing with other teams and their choice of car and co-pilot.

"Even though we encourage owners with high performance cars to attend, this isn't a race - it is an objective and points based rally. A less powerful car with good driving/navigation and teamwork skills can equally steal the victory too.

"We include accommodation and catering in our unique events to make your journey an easy as possible and ensure the focus is on the driving experience and team comradeship. Simply turn up and we'll manage the rest. We also offer corporate packages for team building events or employee rewards. Get in contact and we'll discuss the options."
Last edited by Bruce Fielding on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.