Possible trip to the Classic Le Mans 2016 - 9th/10th July 2016

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
toms

Possible trip to the Classic Le Mans 2016 - 9th/10th July 2016

Post by toms » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:55 pm

We've always talked about doing this, so I have taken the liberty of getting more information and prices from Speed Chills, our chosen camping/hospitality provider for the 24 hour.

This event is supposed to be fantastic, not as 'manic' as the 24 hour with a really nice civilised and relaxed feel to it.

We could do this as well as, or instead of, the 24 Hour race, I don't mind which and am happy to sort the logistics/behind the scenes stuff.  Obviously there is the possible Euro trip being organised around this time as well, but it never hurts to have choice, and maybe the Euro trip could end up here as a finale.......A support van could maybe be arranged to take tents etc for those who were going on the rest of the trip. 

Here follows the blurb that Speed Chills have sent me, if you think you could possibly be interested in this please add your name to a list below:

SPEED CHILLS Le Mans Classic Weekend 9/10 July 2016 - Ariel Atom Club

Speed Chills Private Camping Bleu Sud
- 4* camping in the middle of the action at the Le Mans circuit - all of the atmosphere, none of the stress
- centrally located on-circuit, close to the Maison Blanche entrance, and just 15 minutes’ walk from the
start/finish
- pitches allocated together irrespective of arrival time to allow a group area to nurture the club identity and
a relaxed club atmosphere
- hot showers without lengthy queues and clean toilets regularly serviced by our own teams of attendants
- 24/7 security from our English speaking, SIA licensed security team with CCTV entrance coverage

The Speed Chills Members Club
- access to our onsite dedicated clubhouse with a full hospitality and entertainments programme
- meals freshly prepared by our tem of chefs using the best local and imported ingredients
- a choice of alfresco or comfortable indoor dining
- a bar stocked with a range of beer, cider and wine at the best possible prices
- ‘meal deals’ can be pre-bought or pay as you go, it is not mandatory for customers to dine with us

Speed Chills offers
- tailor made packages including all the main cross channel routes
- experienced team to help and advise you from the initial planning stage through to the end booking
- camping and ticket only options for those already on the Continent
- £20 discount per car on our published private camping prices for your club group
- Option to add Grandstand tickets and Meal Deal supplements
- Speed Chills is a Le Mans Classic and Le Mans 24 hours official agent & ABTA bonded for your peace of mind

Example Package Price :
£329 per person based on two in a car, £480 if one in a car travelling via P&O Dover
£339 per person based on two in a car, £499 if one in a car travelling via Eurotunnel
£436 per person based on two in a car, £676 if one in a car travelling via Brittany Ferries
Less -£20 group discount per car

Price includes :
Channel crossing of choice, Speed Chills Private Camping pitch per car, Speed Chills Club membership,
General Admission race ticket each, Paddock Pass ticket each, P&P
Booked off-circuit accommodation? Ask about our Secure Parking Bleu secure circuit parking

Thoughts everyone?

julian

Re: Possible trip to the Classic Le Mans 2016 - 9th/10th July 2016

Post by julian » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:16 pm

I certainly like the sound of this as a finale to the euro trip. No doubt over the next couple of weeks a solid plan will be hatched. I do like Bruce's euro trip idea.

Julian

toms

Post by toms » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:21 pm

:tu:  Given that June/July is my busiest work period i'll have to miss the Euro trip again  :-[  But if we can get enough interest in this i'd be more than happy to do the Classic Le Mans and bring a van with peoples tents and camping gear in. 

If we can make it work as a finale to the Euro trip I think that would be superb!
Last edited by toms on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew300

Post by Andrew300 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:38 pm

Yep I like the sound of that also !
Ariel Nomad,Toyota GT86 and a T5 work horse ,oh and a 4x4 for winter

Cjg62

Post by Cjg62 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:15 pm

Me too!  :tu:

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:25 am

I might even be up for this. And no, Tom, you're NOT sharing a tent with me either.

Cheers,
Hedge

toms

Post by toms » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:06 am

Lets wait and see what the guys come up with for the Euro trip and if they want to add this onto the end, I think they'll be confirming that fairly soon - then we can work out how we're going to do Classic Le Mans.

We'll probably need to be sorted, booked and deposits paid by end of October if the 24 hr is anything to go by - ferries and campsites sell out quickly every year.

ccconn

Post by ccconn » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:50 am

All,

The guy who owns and runs Speed Chills is a very old friend of mine if you want me to speak to him and see what we can sort out by way of bulk purchase i will if anybody  is up for it

chris