Silverstone Classic

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
bodnet

Silverstone Classic

Post by bodnet » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:34 pm

A few weeks ago I attended the Silverstone Classic with a group of friends. To be able to display their cars they formed a small car club - the 'sub six club' - 20 members - but that meant that they could display their cars (two TVRs, a cobra replica, MGA, Lotus and a rather scruffy mini!) at the event alongside the others. There's a deal to be had on 2-for-1 tickets for clubs too. That's all rather by-the-by but you'll hopefully see why I mentioned it in a minute... ;)

Wandering around there were a great many cars on display, both classic and modern - MGs, Caterhams, Cobras, Lotii, Astons, Italian exotica by the bucketload. And not a single Atom.

So, does anyone fancy helping me to correct this next year? ;) Tickets are £99, but if we book them early (as a club) they're 2-for-1 - which effectively covers you're £50 for camping :) The campsite (Silverstone Woodlands) is a mile or so walk/drive away, send someone early to set up and claim several pitches for us (preferably next to my friends ;) ). Splendidly relaxing weekend. Oh and some racing was happening too!

Bod
05 Red 160 in Bristol, UK
MG ZT-T V8, Smart ForTwo...
Oh yeah and the day job involves 2x 2250bhp V16 quad-turbo MTU diesels! :)

phil4

Re: Silverstone Classic

Post by phil4 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:14 pm

I'd be interested, but not the camping bit. I live too close to silverstone to contemplate anything but my own comfortable bed.

As an aside I did think about taking the atom to the SC, but figured it was all about old cars, and the Atom looks even more futuristic than it is.

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:22 pm

I think a friend was there racing his single seaters & I watched some race re-run's on MotorsTV (repeated quite a few times this week iirc). Very entertaining racing  & from a venue like Silverstone it should be a good event Bod.
Might have to dig the tent out.

Stew

bodnet

Post by bodnet » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:11 pm

Camping's not compulsory ;) It's just my frame of reference because that's what we did. AtomClub have frequented a nearby hotel more than once in the past... ;)

Bod
05 Red 160 in Bristol, UK
MG ZT-T V8, Smart ForTwo...
Oh yeah and the day job involves 2x 2250bhp V16 quad-turbo MTU diesels! :)

Cjg62

Post by Cjg62 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:24 pm

We booked a trade stand at the last minute to promote our Airwheels and was rather supprised to find it wasn't just classic cars!

We were allocated a space opposite the Ferari and Aston Martin clubs arena and there was loads of (very nice) modern machinery there. There were also a good number of Ultimas just around the corner.

If the weather wasn't so grim, i would have taken the Atom over,as I only live 20 minutes away.

So, yes Bod, I would up for a club showing as there loads to do and you can get up close to some fantastic machinery.

Chris

Lord Studley

Post by Lord Studley » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:18 pm

Stew, you supply the tent and I'll supply the car, talked the missus out of it already. Lol. Get the train to London then we,ll drive down from there?

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:59 pm

Sounds like a plan. I'd probably just meet you there.
Have to see what dates it is next year as I've already got some holidays booked but I am very interested.
Sure you can come down from a veritable estate to a canvas tent?
Wouldn't you rather have a hotel?
Stew

Lord Studley

Post by Lord Studley » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:50 am

We don't have to slum it Stew, I'll bring some staff. ;D

ccconn

Post by ccconn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:56 pm

I might be up for that too as Im only down the road too
Chris

reg

Post by reg » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:11 pm

I would definitely attend, no camping as it's just down the road. Exhibited on the jag stand last year and suffered the coldest, most miserable arctic summers day imaginable. It sounds perfect for the Atom :)
'he was reet fast'

Cjg62

Post by Cjg62 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:46 pm

Is anybody is interested in attending this? Now maybe the time to register etc.

I'm happy to look into this if I could have an idea of numbers?

Chris