Shere Hill Climb, Surrey - Sunday 8th September

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
toms

Shere Hill Climb, Surrey - Sunday 8th September

Post by toms » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:43 pm

This sounds like a laugh......  :tu:

Exciting New Hill Climb Comes to Surrey

The inaugural Shere Hill Climb will take place on Sunday 8th September this year and the organisers are now seeking entrants.

The event takes place on a closed public road in the Surrey Hills 4 miles from Guildford.

The course ascends by 300 feet over a distance of nearly a mile with a series of challenging corners along the route. There are panoramic views across the Surrey countryside, London and the Wembley Arch can be seen in the distance.

Entries are limited to only 120 cars, with each entrant completing three runs each.

The organisers are looking for a wide range of interesting cars. The car and driver must be road legal but no competition licence or preparation is required.

There are already nearly 60 entries with many rare and exotic cars represented. Photographs of the cars are on the web site.

The cost of an entry is only £ 50 per car, with details available at www.sherehillclimb.co.uk.

Around two thousand spectators are expected, so if you don’t fancy taking part but would like to watch the action, advance spectator entry tickets will be available shortly on line.

It’s a charitable event in aid of Shere Infants School (FOSSA) and the GASP Motor Project which provides hands-on courses in basic motor mechanics for young people.

FlyingTrotter

Re: Shere Hill Climb, Surrey - Sunday 8th September

Post by FlyingTrotter » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:03 pm

Thread on PH questioning whether this is a fraud so be wise to do a bit of checking

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:58 pm

Looks more like a parade though ..
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:58 am

Yep that thread seems to be moving towards that conclusion  - a group of Atoms on a drive probably as much fun

toms

Post by toms » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:36 am

Oh well - it was a nice idea.  I would have gone along to see what it was like but my best mate is getting married the day before so I don't think i'll fancy it on the day  ;D

Word to the wise though - don't believe everything you read on internet forums  ;)

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:15 am

Few would accuse me of having a cynicism deficit whether applied to websites or otherwise and it was a concern over the reliability of the " marketing line" set out in the OP in the light of the concerns expressed in the PH thread  that prompted ny post - simply counseling caution which you might recast as "not believing everything you read on the internet"