CarFest South at Laverstoke Park Farm - 23rd-25th August 2013

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
toms

CarFest South at Laverstoke Park Farm - 23rd-25th August 2013

Post by toms » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi everyone - we as a club have been invited to attend this event again this year, and having attended it myself last year I can say it is one NOT TO MISS for 2013.

We do have to let them know if we want to attend ASAP though so I am looking for FIRM commitments here - if we snooze, we'll loose - there are plenty of other clubs out there who will want to do it.

I have received the following details:

As part of this year's event plans we intend to invite up to 50 Car Clubs to showcase seven of their best cars at CarFest. 

The CarFest events take place at Oulton Park, Cheshire and Laverstoke Park, Hampshire so please indicate if you wish to attend one or both events. However we understand the club may have different members, or a regional club local to the events, so we would greatly appreciate if you could pass on the relevant form to colleagues local to each of the CarFest destinations.

There is a £450 +VAT entry fee PER EVENT and this includes:

- Each club will be allocated seven car spaces for a club stand

- A total of 14 passes (two passes per car) worth £105 each that allow each entry on each of the three days of CarFest (nb these passes can be exchanged, via the Car Club co-ordinator, to those only coming for one or two days)

- Complimentary Camping pitch for the Car Club co-ordinator (n.b club member camping pitches can be bought for £25 +VAT per night in the Crew Camping area)

- *3m x 3m gazebo (we do not accept club stand structures, flags or branding)

- £50 donation to Children in Need

*We do not provide covered space for the cars or furniture however we will supply a 3m x 3m gazebo, positioned next to your cars, for you and your colleagues to make use of.

Please complete and sign the attached form and return to me within a week if possible so that we can include you in the Car Club processing immediately.

I'll be there with work - who's in?  :tu:

I have a feeling that we are going to get more than 7 people who want to do this, so it's going to have to be first come, first served i'm afraid.  Please note though that by adding your name to the list you will be committing to a MINIMUM of £108 spend per car if we get 7 cars - and this will need to be paid, no cancellations or refunds.

Edited to say - obviously you will have to take your Atom, rain or shine, if you want to go.
Last edited by toms on Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toms

Re: CarFest South at Laverstoke Park Farm - 23rd-25th August 2013

Post by toms » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:19 pm

List:

Julian
Simon Greenwood

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:57 pm

Julian
Simon Greenwood
justin
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:00 pm

I'm in...

Julian
Simon Greenwood
justin
Alex BS & Mrs...
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:03 pm

Tom, on the basis of two tickets, can we/should we take our little man (he'll be just under 2 by then...). I remember you saying it was quite a lot of fun for the kids. Else we'll make arrangements for him to be looked after.

toms

Post by toms » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:12 pm

[quote="Alex BS"]
Tom, on the basis of two tickets, can we/should we take our little man (he'll be just under 2 by then...). I remember you saying it was quite a lot of fun for the kids. Else we'll make arrangements for him to be looked after.
[/quote]

The simple answer is that I don't know - not sure what the policy on entry is for kids, whether they go free or not.  But as I understand it, the tickets will get you and the car in, so with only two seats you'll struggle to get the little one in.

Maybe Julian or someone who went with the Club last year can comment on arrangements?  Did it look like you'd be able to get another car in as well?

Obviously it goes without saying that you will HAVE to take the Atom, rain or shine....

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Ha no problem taking the Atom come rain or shine mate! Just wondered about logistics really. Especially with taking things like tents etc which might be a struggle in the Atom! Could we take a second vehicle onto site for the campers to put all their gear in?

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:24 pm

Actually Tom, scrap the childcare issues, it's all sorted with the in-laws! But it'd be interesting to see about logistics for bringing gear...especially as I'd probably trailer it over there etc...guess we can sort that nearer the time though.

Sorry just thinking aloud!  :vroom:

toms

Post by toms » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:36 pm

Let's wait to hear from some of last years attendees...

julian

Post by julian » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm

Hi all,

Just on the child question, I can't imagine that under 2 would need a separate ticket. The campsite we stayed on last year was a large field with temporary loos, showers etc, they could have been better but having never been to a festival before I was assured that they were in fact 5 star in comparison to other venues.

As exhibitors the site is separate from the main camping area so no real ques for toilets, showers.

There were only three atoms there last year so we met on the way down and convoyed. Then collected wrist bands from main entrance and drove to our allocated campsite. Loads of room to pitch tent etc.

My wife drove down in family car later in the day loaded with additional gear, no issues at all with having an additional car which you could park next to your tent unlike in the main campsite where you had to lug your gear some distance from car to pitch.

It is rough and ready, after all it is a farm. It was also quite noisy as the security staff stay in this field also. They were coming and going at all hours and were not the quietest and sometimes language was choice. We didn't have any kids with us so not a problem.

It was a really good weekend and hugely family oriantated. We took cooking gear which was more of a pain than practical, plenty of food for sale around the event with choices.

The secret to this event is get sloshed, bring wine and beers and enjoy a nice drink around the tents when the event shuts down for the night.

That's the way it worked last year. Ask away with questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Regards

Julian

Andrew300

Post by Andrew300 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:30 pm

This was a great weekend last year ! So add me to the list
Ariel Nomad,Toyota GT86 and a T5 work horse ,oh and a 4x4 for winter

toms

Post by toms » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:06 am

Julian
Simon Greenwood
justin
Alex BS & Mrs...
Andrew 300

Anymore takers for this?  I can't honestly believe that we've only got 5 people who want to go to it?!

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:19 am

tbh, is probably not the most "tent minded" bunch of car owners you are going to encounter tom !  ;D
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS

toms

Post by toms » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:28 am

[quote="justin swift"]
tbh, is probably not the most "tent minded" bunch of car owners you are going to encounter tom !  ;D
[/quote]

Fair comment - but it's hardly roughing it!!

Rob Evans

Post by Rob Evans » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:35 am

Would love to come but work gets in the way once again.
If only my lottery numbers would come up.
From Atom 2 245 to Atom 4 350, via Atom 3 300 and Atom 3.5 310