Chris Evans - Carfest 25th - 26th August 2012

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
skilly

Re: Chris Evans - Carfest 25th - 26th August 2012

Post by skilly » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:02 am

Sorry to say it sold out this morning in an hour. Hopefully you get chosen go up the hill...

Kezzie

Post by Kezzie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:41 am

It sold out at about 8:30 this morning (before I had chance to get any :doh:)

Chris Evans tweeted earlier ....
"CarFest sold out. Stay tuned to see if we can do anything about people who still want to go. Shhhhh. . ."

So there may be hope but he did mention on his program this morning that various owners clubs, Aston etc, were attending (no mention of us) but not sure if they get special dispensation etc regarding entrance.

Here's hoping we can get in

julian

Post by julian » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:38 pm

I also heard about sell out on the radio this morning. I imagine there must be spaces set aside for those exhibiting cars etc?

I haven't heard anything from the organisers, still think we are in with a chance of being involved in something as Atom is very desirable and draws a good crowd.

Regards

Julian

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:58 pm

That is extremely overpriced IMHO, no cars then it is just a FEST. I have been exhibiting cars for 32 years and I think drivers and passengers should go free. It might be for charity but so many are these days and there is so many charitys. When I first started I was 18 and they would pay you petrol expenses to bring you car to show it. When I took my military vehicle to a show it was always entrance free and some larger vehicles were still paid petrol expenses. Long live expenses.

Kezzie

Post by Kezzie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Chris Evans latest tweet ...

"There is a very strong chance disappointed wannabe CarFesters may not have to be. Hang loose, stay cool and tune in to the show tmr morning"

Unfortuately I won't be able to listen in and find out if they are releasing any more tickets.
If someone has the opportunity to get some could they buy a few more, ideally 2no W/E camping and I will reimburse with great thanks.

If we get free places for exhibitting then I'll sell them on, raffle them or some other way make sure they get used.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:28 pm

[quote="Rocket Man"]
That is extremely overpriced IMHO, no cars then it is just a FEST. I have been exhibiting cars for 32 years and I think drivers and passengers should go free. It might be for charity but so many are these days and there is so many charitys. When I first started I was 18 and they would pay you petrol expenses to bring you car to show it. When I took my military vehicle to a show it was always entrance free and some larger vehicles were still paid petrol expenses. Long live expenses.
[/quote]

+1

if you're part of the act that draws the crowds, you're not one of the crowd...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Steve

Post by Steve » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:10 am

Slightly ironic that Scheckter has gone full circle from arms dealer to Children in Need.
Last edited by Steve on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

julian

Post by julian » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:24 am

Hi everyone,

I haven't heard a thing about this from the organisers so please don't hold your breath. Of course if I get a response you will be the first to know.

Regards

Julian

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:40 am

[quote="Steve"]
Slightly ironic that Scheckter has gone full circle from arms dealer to Children in Need.
[/quote]

Yes, I have been watching the F1 legends programme about him on Sky and it rather brushed over that chapter of his life / didn't mention it at all.  Thought it was military comms stuff rather than arms dealing?