MotorSportAtThePalace - Motorsport at Crystal Palace Returns 26th-27th May 2012

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
toms

MotorSportAtThePalace - Motorsport at Crystal Palace Returns 26th-27th May 2012

Post by toms » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:11 am

There was a thread for this last year I seem to recall and a few people were interested in going so I thought I'd bring it up again this year......

I'm actually going to compete in the event in my Peugeot I think; looks like it should be fun.  We could have a spot in the car show for Atom Club if we wanted - anyone fancy it?  If not then why not just come along and watch my pathetic attempts to drive a knackered old 80's tub around a park as fast as it'll go.....

Of course; the organisers would be very keen for some Atoms to enter the sprint, too....anyone?

More info is here http://www.motorsportatthepalace.co.uk/about.html

Should be a good day out for all the family if you live in the London area!  Anyone keen?
Attachments
Crystal palace.jpg

julian

Re: MotorSportAtThePalace - Motorsport at Crystal Palace Returns 26th-27th May 2012

Post by julian » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:46 am

Tom,

I and others would definitely come and support you as part of AAOC but that's the Monaco weekend and as you know a few of us are heading down there. There are still spaces if anyone is interested?

Julian

toms

Re: MotorSportAtThePalace - Motorsport at Crystal Palace Returns 26th-27th May 2012

Post by toms » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:50 am

Hi Julian

Yes; I realise there's a clash - in fact the Crystal Palace do is my way of consoling myself that I can't afford to go to Monaco!

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:24 am

I will also be in Monaco.  However I did goto this event last year and fully recommend it, loads of interesting cars that you can get up close to.

Why the Pug and not your Atom Tom ?

Ben

toms

Post by toms » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:38 am

[quote="benyeats"]

[/quote]

'Cos I'm poor?  ;D  Plus I don't know if I'll have my Atom by then - she's up for sale ATM  :-[  To be honest I bought mine for doing all the Atom Club trips but it just hasn't been used enough given that I've got use of one whenever I need it anyway.  I might buy the Mugen demo if it comes up for sale this year but until then I'll just be using a (probably 300) demo for LeMans etc. 

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:23 am

[quote="Tom"]
[quote="benyeats"]

[/quote]

'Cos I'm poor?  ;D  Plus I don't know if I'll have my Atom by then - she's up for sale ATM  :-[  To be honest I bought mine for doing all the Atom Club trips but it just hasn't been used enough given that I've got use of one whenever I need it anyway.  I might buy the Mugen demo if it comes up for sale this year but until then I'll just be using a (probably 300) demo for LeMans etc.
[/quote]

Then use a demo car at this event, surely great marketing and looking at the timesheets and the course the Atom should be very very quick round the circuit.

toms

Post by toms » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:34 am

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="Tom"]
[quote="benyeats"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then use a demo car at this event, surely great marketing and looking at the timesheets and the course the Atom should be very very quick round the circuit.
[/quote]

I'm not quick enough to show the car off to its potential mate.  I have discussed a factory entry with the organisers so it might happen, but not with me at the tiller......

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:46 pm

[quote="Tom"]
[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="Tom"]
[quote="benyeats"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm not quick enough to show the car off to its potential mate.  I have discussed a factory entry with the organisers so it might happen, but not with me at the tiller......
[/quote]

It would be a brilliant showcase for the car, really close quarters spectating and a twisty circuit that will not favour a car with an Aero advantage. 

lsb

Post by lsb » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Tom,  I'll try to come along to this if I can. Should know a little nearer the time.

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Loving the green Alfa. God I used to lust after one of those in the day.
Loved all Alfasuds but the Sprints were knee-tremblingly good...still on the bucket list though, whoah yes.
Cheers,
Hedge