24 Heures du Mans 2012 - 16th - 17th June

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
Kezzie

Re: 24 Heures du Mans 2012 - 16th - 17th June

Post by Kezzie » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Tim,

That's a bugger!
My booking confirmation just says I'm booked on Brittany Ferries so no idea which one as they do both routes ???
Could be a little problematic as I've got Kirsty as a passenger but at least the final destination is the same.

Adrian

toms

Post by toms » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi all

Time is marching on and the ferries and campsite are now getting really full so if you haven’t booked and would like to please do so with Speed Chills ASAP urgent!

If you aren’t planning on coming now please could you drop me a line so I know for sure and by the same token if you are booked and coming please can you let me know so I can plan?

We also need to decide what support vehicle we are bringing.  I can drive either my van (small Vito) or if we need a bigger one we can hire it for me to drive at a cost of £287.50, which I propose we split per person if we go down that road.  If you need some van space then please also let me know how much so that we can decide if it’s worthwhile or not…….

Look forward to hearing from you!

Tom

oi oi treacle

Post by oi oi treacle » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:18 pm

Tom,
I am fully paid up with speed chills, going by myself. Will be at Pompey to sail with you , and will need space for 2 small hold alls and a 2 man tent. Kirsty is booked with Kezzie, her kit is in with mine. My return ferry is caen to pompey at 1630 0n the monday, again alone. ANYONE ELSE FANCY THE SHORTER DRIVE BACK????? Gets to Pompey at 9pm 'ish.

CAN'T WAIT !!

Tim  . . . . . .:o)

toms

Post by toms » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:18 am

Hi Tim - just you in your car?  Is Nicola not coming then?

We're on the Caen ferry on the way back by the looks of things too so you won't be alone....  :tu:

007muel

Post by 007muel » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:46 am

Hi Tom

All paid up and happy to chip in for use of your van  :vroom:

Kezzie

Post by Kezzie » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Who else is on the Cherbourg-Portsmouth ferry for the return?
Kirsty & I could be rather lonely ;D Hope her map reading is up to scratch
Will have to hang around in Pompy for my luggage to arrive too O0

oi oi treacle

Post by oi oi treacle » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Tom,

Nicola is not coming, cos we cannot get childcare. Let us know how much u want for the van, and how much beer and cider we can get in it..... or would that be better to get that on the ferry, or from a supermarche frogside?(if so, could include this in our itinerary for the schlep down..... a vito and several atoms rockin' up at an 'Auchan' would look epic.

russty_james

Post by russty_james » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:18 pm

[quote="Kezzie"]
Who else is on the Cherbourg-Portsmouth ferry for the return?
Kirsty & I could be rather lonely ;D Hope her map reading is up to scratch
Will have to hang around in Pompy for my luggage to arrive too O0
[/quote]
Me and my mate Gaz will be on the same ferry as you coming back... Lets hope I can get my GPS working then!

toms

Post by toms » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:25 am

[quote="oi oi treacle"]
Tom,

Nicola is not coming, cos we cannot get childcare. Let us know how much u want for the van, and how much beer and cider we can get in it..... or would that be better to get that on the ferry, or from a supermarche frogside?(if so, could include this in our itinerary for the schlep down..... a vito and several atoms rockin' up at an 'Auchan' would look epic.
[/quote]

I think we'll just take the Vito so no need for anyone to chip in - that was only if we had to hire a bigger van.  I'm easy on the booze front - I'll probably take mine but as you say if others want to they could buy on the ferry, good idea.

Supermarket frogside might be a palaver I reckon - a convoy of Atoms is never an easy thing to stop and start again  ;D

Kezzie

Post by Kezzie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:09 am

[quote="Tom"]
Supermarket frogside might be a palaver I reckon - a convoy of Atoms is never an easy thing to stop and start again  ;D
[/quote]

From previous experiences (Cotswold hoon/London dawn raid ;)) Stopping/Starting isn't usually the problem - keeping us all in convoy is though! :vroom:
Being lost in France (ooww a Bonny Tyler moment!) is a bit disconcerting. It was quite funny though pulling into a petrol station somewhere in rural France and be greeted by another Atom making the solitary trip down because he missed us at Calais.
Are you going to "sticker up " the Vito?

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:33 am

Can you buy big 'L' plates?  :D
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

toms

Post by toms » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:47 pm

[quote="John Scherrer"]
Can you buy big 'L' plates?  :D
[/quote]

:laugh:  That's about right to be fair  ;D  The Vito is an awesome support vehicle.  Even fully loaded it'll still do 100mph and goes round corners quicker than most of you lot drive your Atoms anyway  ;D :laugh:

oi oi treacle

Post by oi oi treacle » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:15 pm

Even fully loaded it'll still do 100mph and goes round corners quicker than most of you lot drive your Atoms anyway  ;D :laugh:
[/quote]PMSL!!!!! :roflp:

oi oi treacle

Post by oi oi treacle » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:10 pm

Tom, on the supermarche front, there are 2 very easy options...the first is 2 mins from the ferry, the other is 5 mins out of town, on the main road over the top, which is the main way out of town anyway. To huddle in the port and thread out to keep together, even thro' the traffic lights in town won't be too bad. Cherbourg isn't that bad for traffic :fence: Saying that, if the booze on the ferry is reasonable, I'll buy there :faint:

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:55 am

[quote="oi oi treacle"]
Tom, on the supermarche front, there are 2 very easy options...the first is 2 mins from the ferry, the other is 5 mins out of town, on the main road over the top, which is the main way out of town anyway. To huddle in the port and thread out to keep together, even thro' the traffic lights in town won't be too bad. Cherbourg isn't that bad for traffic :fence: Saying that, if the booze on the ferry is reasonable, I'll buy there :faint:
[/quote]

Don't know why I am chipping in as I am not going, on the other hand I am an expert at picking up booze.  Anyway my point is someone will need fuel or a p*ss between Cherbourg and Le Mans, so why not combine that with a booze stop?

Ben