24 Heures du Mans 2012 - 16th - 17th June

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
Hedge

Re: 24 Heures du Mans 2012 - 16th - 17th June

Post by Hedge » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:45 am

Am I allowed to go? Always fancied a Le Mans trip.
Cheers, Hedge

toms

Post by toms » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:47 am

[quote="Hedge"]
Am I allowed to go? Always fancied a Le Mans trip.
Cheers, Hedge
[/quote]

Yes, definitely.  I'm sure there will be a passenger seat or you could always hire one  ;D

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:58 am

Sod that!
Cheers,
Hedge

toms

Post by toms » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:59 am

How are you proposing to get down there then - in the Porker?  That'll be fine, as long as you let me have a go :)  We can take it up to the roundabout on Friday night and do some skids  ;D

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:04 am

Obviously in the Porker and yes you can do as many donuts in it that you like.
Cheers,
Hedge

toms

Post by toms » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:06 am

Tom S
Henry S
Julian
Kezzie
007muel
Hydeski
Bean
Trevor
Cell-Key
Mark J
Adam W
Koen
Anthony W
Dawsey with passenger
Steve G (very possible now)
Hedge (who obviously doesn't know what happens at the roundabout on Friday night)

;D

Kezzie

Post by Kezzie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:38 am

[quote="Tom"]
Hedge (who obviously doesn't know what happens at the roundabout on Friday night)
[/quote]

Did Henry not take any video of the fun?
I think the "spectators" will just love to see some smoked pork!

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Might bring the 2cv along instead. With all it's 9bhp.
Cheers,
Hedge

toms

Post by toms » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:54 am

Tom S
Henry S
Julian
Kezzie
007muel
Hydeski
Bean
Trevor
Cell-Key
Mark J
Adam W
Koen
Anthony W
Dawsey with passenger
Steve G (very possible now)
Hedge
Russell

This is set to be a good one folks!  I am confirming prices and dates with Speed Chills this week so I'll publish booking details ASAP.

toms

Post by toms » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Right then all - here's the crack:

Our home for the weekend will be Speed Chills Private Camping Beausejour.  Full benefits and privileges can be found here:  http://www.speedchills.com/le-mans-24-hours/private-camping.  It is a popular base, being only 10 minutes walk from the excellent Porsche Curves viewing area, and is the heart of Speed Chills hospitality.  The campsite has full catering facilities, hot showers, private bar, live entertainment and best of all round the clock, English speaking site security and CCTV to keep our Atoms and possessions safe.

It would be great if we can all travel over and stay together so included in the package prices are the ferries, campsite and general admission ticket to the race itself.  We did it from Dover-Calais last year which is a pretty big drive the other side (and this side for me), which means getting set-up at camp later and having to get up early on the Monday to get back in time.  So I'm in favour of a slightly longer ferry journey and a bit less driving this time around. 

You will need to book the package direct with Speed Chills; you can contact Anne-Marie or Neil on tours@speedchills.com or ideally by phone on 01252 717871 and you need to mention that you are with the 'Atom Club' so that you get the discounted price and we all get put together in our Atomic camping area!

We have negotiated a £10 per car discount for Atom owners and come up with various different prices for the event; either based on one person in an Atom or one based on two people sharing an Atom.  All prices are inclusive of VAT and the Speed Chills membership package; this gives you access to any of the Speed Chills hospitality sections which are based at several different points around the circuit - and come in very handy for 'light refreshments' on the move. 

The complete package prices are as follows:

For those travelling from Dover who want the cheapest possible crossing and least driving time this side (although it's quite a way the other side so more tolls and fuel):

£441.00 for one person in a car
£254.00 per person for two people in a car

That is based on a Dover to Calais ferry crossing but you can call or e-mail Speed Chills if you'd like to look at alternatives.  If there are quite a few people who want to use this route then let me know and we can try and get everyone on the same ferry for a 'molecule'.

We (and the majority I would imagine) will be using the Brittany Ferries route which goes from Portsmouth to Cherbourg.  This leaves at 9am on the Thursday and leave comes back at 5pm on the Monday, so reasonably civilised timings IMO.  If we all want to travel together then I can try and arrange a deal on group bookings at the Haselbury Mill next to the factory on the Wednesday night and we can all leave from here circa 6am Thursday?  Or just meet at the ferry.

Prices based on that crossing are:

£629.00 for one person in a car
£347.00 per person for two people in a car

This is the fast ferry so more expensive but only takes 3 hours to get across

If anyone is interested in a different crossing then an overview is on the Speed Chills website, you will need C25 pitches if you're in an Atom and we are getting a £10 per car discount.  If you are in a 'normal' car then a C35 is the one.

Optional extras on top of this price are:

Speed Chills will supply a pre-erected tent on our pitch (no need to carry one down in the Atom with you!) – price £50
A full catering package of 2 x full English breakfasts and 3 x 2 course evening meals - £60 per person (this food is also available on a pay as you go basis while we are there)
Grandstand seating, which starts at £65 per person
Arnage night viewing excursion £20 per person

There is £100 per person deposit payable at the time of booking then the balance will be due mid-April; both taken directly by Speed Chills who are a financially bonded tour operator.

VAN - as before we are going to take a van over.  Whether this is my van as last year or if we need a bigger van I'm not sure.  If people could let me know whether they want room in the van for tents, beer, luggage etc (these items could be couriered to me before the event or I could buy you refreshments and you can reimburse me) ASAP please and we'll see if we need a large van or not.  If we do then whoever wants to make use of it would need to chip in for hire which is going to be around the £200 mark split between us all.  Have a think and let me know....

If anything above is unclear then do get in touch to discuss.  We look forward to seeing you there!

oi oi treacle

Post by oi oi treacle » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:24 pm

Being as tho' my wingman's going, I think I'll poke my neck out and say, we're coming.....nice 2 know I've got my bud 2 watch my ass (spin), see you there Kezzie. Tom, put me and Nicola down.

toms

Post by toms » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:08 pm

[quote="oi oi treacle"]
Being as tho' my wingman's going, I think I'll poke my neck out and say, we're coming.....nice 2 know I've got my bud 2 watch my ass (spin), see you there Kezzie. Tom, put me and Nicola down.
[/quote]

Great stuff Tim - try and book ASAP with Speed Chills as place are filling up fast....

toms

Post by toms » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:09 pm

I think i've found the solution to our need for a van to take stuff down in that will keep up with the Atom convoy.....730BHP 3.5 litre V8  ;D
Attachments
ssvan3.JPG

Kezzie

Post by Kezzie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:32 am

Don't know if this is the usually Daily Mail "frog bashing" or not but could be prudent to investigate .... :police:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2104024/Now-French-say-holidaymakers-carry-breathalyser-kit-car.html

Mind you it would be prudent to get taxis everywhere judging by last year's trip >:D

Ok so just to check ....
I need to pack/fit high viz vest (within easy reach), warning triangle, GB sticker, spare bulb set, beam deflectors, DIY breathalyser(s), phrase book, block of stilton .....

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:52 pm

Also as of Jan 1st 2012, it is illegal to have French Speed camera info on your Sat Nav !
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold