- Cricket, Beer and a Barbeque - Sunday 31st July 2011 CANCELLED

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
toms

- Cricket, Beer and a Barbeque - Sunday 31st July 2011 CANCELLED

Post by toms » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:05 pm

cHi all

We have secured the use of our local cricket club, North Perrott (Ariel used to be based here pre-2006) for a fun Summer Event.  Ariel are headline sponsors of NPCC this year - it is acknowledged as having the best ground in Somerset (other than the home of Somerset Cricket club, the County ground at Taunton) and the facilities are fantastic.  You can see more here http://northperrottcc.net/index.php/club.  Simon actually had a hand in the design of the pavilion (there's not a lot of Atom in it though ;D )

It's often been said that we should do a social event mid-summer as well as the Christmas do given that most people are busy for the Christmas job - here is a good starting point!  We'll have a barbeque which will probably be done by the same caterers we had for the factory dinner at Atom X (yum yum) and the pavilion bar(s) will be open for light/heavy ;D refreshments.  The emphasis here is on a family day out so bringing the wives and kids is encouraged!  There will be a small ticket charge to cover the barbeque costs and the bar at the ground will obviously be a pay bar but it will be a pretty inexpensive day out for all the family........

The wicket at the club is absolutely fantastic (I speak from experience) so it would be a shame not to use it!  How many takers we get will determine what we do cricket-wise but it is my intention to have a small 5-a-side Cricket tournament running throughout the day.......

I don't know if we can turn it into a bit of an Atomic weekend and do a road trip on the Saturday, maybe have a meal somewhere Saturday night together (Haselbury Mill just next to us would happily accomodate us)?  I can easily design a bit of a route going down toward Exmoor/Dartmoor if anyone fancies it?  I'm certainly open to ideas/suggestions on that or for anything else we could add to the Sunday event?

Who's keen?
Attachments
Cricket 003.jpg
Last edited by toms on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dawsey7

Re: A Lovely Summers Day - Cricket, Beer and a Barbeque

Post by Dawsey7 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:15 pm

Tom very possibly subject to the dates and having a car free for my own use!!

Can play as well, cricket that is!! (Bowler)

Dawsey

Hedge

Re: A Lovely Summers Day - Cricket, Beer and a Barbeque

Post by Hedge » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:26 pm

I'm in.
Cheers,
Hedge
Last edited by Hedge on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toms

Re: A Lovely Summers Day - Cricket, Beer and a Barbeque - Sunday 31st July 2011

Post by toms » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Dawsey - I used to turn my arm over a bit too......  Sounds like we've got one a side sorted then!  Hedge leads me to believe that he is a half reasonable bat too - time will tell  ;D

Hedge - Title modified to show - bear with me I'm new to this  :)

I did link it to the calender though - aren't I a good boy!

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:46 pm

I will probably make it to this.  I have not played Cricket for ages but imagine I would be a valuable addition to the team

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:25 pm

should be up for this too....

dont forget that hedge only bats for the other side though  ;)

cheers

justin
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS

Richard Marler
Administrator

Post by Richard Marler » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:33 pm

I'm in both for the bbq and cricket. Like Ben I haven't played for a million years, but I imagine I am world class.
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.

007muel

Post by 007muel » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm

Sounds good to me - Count me in the Saurday Road trip sounds good to... 

Rich

Kezzie

Post by Kezzie » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Put me down for this too ;D
Fully participating too but would recommend making it 6-a-side which is the usual format for these kind of beer matches - 1 bowling, 1 keeping wicket & 2 fielders each side
I'm unlikely to make the Saturday jaunt out as I get back from my hols in the morning and me disappearing straight away is sure to be frowned upon.

Dawsey7

Post by Dawsey7 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Excellent, at the moment free on the 31st July!!

Cheers
Dawsey

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:28 pm

[quote="Tom"]
Dawsey - I used to turn my arm over a bit too......  Sounds like we've got one a side sorted then!  Hedge leads me to believe that he is a half reasonable bat too - time will tell  ;D
[/quote]
Nope you are a h o m o.
As for me, the older I get the better I was. Standard.
Cheers,
Hedge

toms

Post by toms » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:06 pm

[quote="Hedge"]
[quote="Tom"]
[/quote]
Nope you are a h o m o.
As for me, the older I get the better I was. Standard.
Cheers,
Hedge
[/quote]

Better make sure you bring your helmet if you're gonna bat against me old son - the wicket's got a lovely bit of lift in it  ;D

mark1

Post by mark1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:35 pm

i bloomin hate cricket but ive no doubt i will be smashing the ball for six and enjoying every minute. besides that, sunshine, atoms and a bbq sounds like a fantastic day out.

count me in for the whole weekend.

Mark

wattie

Post by wattie » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:47 pm

As a Scotsman, cricket is a strange English custom I've never understood.....mainly because Scotland is always wet and a game can't be concluded in 30mins between showers.

Can I suggest you check the weather forecast before starting, declare the game a draw at the outset (as it will invariably rain at some point during the game causing postponement) and instead go to the pub - thus avoiding the 4-5 hours of boring nonsence in the middle  ;D

After the pub maybe you could set fire to the beermats and arrange to play for the ashes in a years time when global warming may have set in.

Enjoy, Cheers Wattie  ;)

oi oi treacle

Post by oi oi treacle » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:56 pm

count us as possibles - my missus likes the prospect of walloping a couple of balls....The road trip sounds cool too.