CarfFest South 2016 - 26th-28th August

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
Spikey_head

Re: CarfFest South 2016 - 26th-28th August

Post by Spikey_head » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:56 pm

I suspect that I'm the only one here that's been to every carfest north and south, though usually with the sporting bears rather than the Atom club.

There was a new venue for North this year, which is bigger than Oulton park, and although it had a few teething issues I suspect most of those will have been sorted for next year. The music was better at North this year but still some good performances at South. It does seem that they are trying to keep control of costs hence fewer showers than in previous years, but even at peek times the queue wasn't terrible. I do agree that the quality of the field you were in was poor.

I didn't have much of a look round, but from what I saw there was plenty going on during the day but a lot of it was not car related, however if you're there with wife and kids then the mix is probably good enough to keep a family entertained for a weekend. I was lucky enough to have a very good look round the paddock before the public got in, so topped up my car viewing needs then. I also got a good look round the Huayra which really is an awesome machine.

I do think that carfest is drifting away from being a car geeks weekend to being much more of a family oriented festival, and from the speed which it sells out at they are clearly doing something right as only Glasto sells quicker,  however the small number of car clubs there does suggest that it isn't an attractive option to many clubs.

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:36 am

I agree with you entirely Adrian. That was now my 4th CFS and the standard was generally quite poor and rather non-car related.

Great for the kids, yes, but there has to be something for us lot too. In previous years the hill run has provided a highlight but the last two years it's failed to make an appearance.

I'll be sending back my thoughts to the organisers along with everyone's gripes about camping, showers etc. It all felt rather disorganised and poorly thought out in places.

Maybe time to put it on the backburner unless someone particularly wants to attend and organise. We'll come back and discuss next year.

Thanks for everyone who came though. Shame it wasn't up to much for most.
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:26 am

phew......... glad i didnt go !

i enjoyed my couple of stints there previous years but felt it went on too long

two nightstwo nights would be spot on

being stuck there thurs-monday isa no no for me
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2