Le Mans 2015

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
Ben Long

Le Mans 2015

Post by Ben Long » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:20 pm

Anybody going to be up for this?

I'll be combining next years trip with my stag do so could be a little mad but we have found a great spot, camping in the grounds of a secluded bungalow near to Arnage and the Porsche Curves.  Will be talking with Tom about helping co-ordinate a trip if there's interest?

phil4

Re: Le Mans 2015

Post by phil4 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:23 pm

I'm very likely to be there, going with some other friends though, unsure if I'll be taking the atom yet.

Ben Long

Post by Ben Long » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Sure there'll be plenty of chance to meet up Phil.  Pistonheads have a meet on the Friday and we'll be out and about blatting in the countryside.

LM wouldn't be the same for me without the Atom.....

markwetherall

Post by markwetherall » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:46 pm

I should be there next year.  I have a friend who lives in Le Mans that I do a lot of track days with so I will be organising a few bits.  Firstly anyone in an Atom will be able to drive the circuit properly at 7am in the morning before the race if anyone is interested.  i.e. the full 24 hour circuit flat out, or grab a passenger ride with someone.
Atom4 350
Jaguar SVR
Lives in Jersey so thats 9x5 miles and nowhere to drive fast

Ben Long

Post by Ben Long » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:23 pm

Sounds brilliant Mark.  I'd love to have a go at that!!  Keep me posted please :tu:

Steve050567

Post by Steve050567 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:26 pm

[quote="markwetherall"]
I should be there next year.  I have a friend who lives in Le Mans that I do a lot of track days with so I will be organising a few bits.  Firstly anyone in an Atom will be able to drive the circuit properly at 7am in the morning before the race if anyone is interested.  i.e. the full 24 hour circuit flat out, or grab a passenger ride with someone.
[/quote]

What would be the cost?

markwetherall

Post by markwetherall » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:31 pm

I have no idea what it will cost.  My friend did it last year and it cost 300 euros.  However should be able to get the price down on that.  You can always grab a lift, I will be doing it that's for sure as it is a one off chance to go down the Mulsanne Straight flat out legally.
Atom4 350
Jaguar SVR
Lives in Jersey so thats 9x5 miles and nowhere to drive fast

woodsypedia

Post by woodsypedia » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:59 am

Yes I'm going. Went in the Atom last year. Lots of fun - and the perfect weather made the trip a treat. Not sure 2015 will bring the same spell of good weather though.

We book in with Travel Destinations for the posh camping and take the early morning ferry from Poole To Cherbourg. It's a great route with nearly zero rozzers :) For those that want to convoy - that would be great - otherwise, can meet up at the PH service.