Security marked parts

The place for all general, non-model specific, chat and any club announcements
Charlie

Security marked parts

Post by Charlie » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:38 am

Does anyone here recommend security marking their Atom or any car and parts with security markers and which one was best out which I presume would be either Datatag, Alphadot or smart water?

Alec

Re: Security marked parts

Post by Alec » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:31 am

When I bought a new Motorbike in April 1996, I had it Datataged, and even though I still own it, I've never had to use the service, because it's never been stolen.
Also, when I bought a new Ford Sierra 4x4 Ghia Estate in August 1987, I had all the windows Etched, although I can't remember the name of the service I used, but once again, I still own the vehicle, and it's never been stolen so can't say whether it's been effective or not.

Charlie

Re: Security marked parts

Post by Charlie » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:27 am

Alec wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:31 am When I bought a new Motorbike in April 1996, I had it Datataged, and even though I still own it, I've never had to use the service, because it's never been stolen.
Also, when I bought a new Ford Sierra 4x4 Ghia Estate in August 1987, I had all the windows Etched, although I can't remember the name of the service I used, but once again, I still own the vehicle, and it's never been stolen so can't say whether it's been effective or not.

Regarding the window etching there are many diy kits available now from Halfords etc https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-s ... 99990.html