Factory car collection

The place for all general, non-model specific, chat and any club announcements
Szabo

Factory car collection

Post by Szabo » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:43 pm

Hi
My car is getting collected by the factory on Monday, it’s going home for servicing etc, has anyone else used Ariel’s transport, what’s it like. I’ve been quoted £3/mile, is that each way? total miles? I’m over 200miles from crewcerne so will it be circa £600 total or each way or will it be circa £1200 each way or total. Should have had this confirmed first really but what ever the outcome it’s still far cheaper than me taking time out to take it. Should it not be winter I’d love a road trip down there but not in these temps and need my 2022 service stamp having only bought the car a few months ago with prior full service history.
On that point, how important is full Ariel service history for resale value?
Regards
James

Corky

Re: Factory car collection

Post by Corky » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:50 am

Hi James,
If you ask them they can sometimes arrange another persons drop off/collection with yours then they can halve the price. You have to be a bit more flexible on dates. The service is great, the guys who collect your car are nice.
I feel factory service history helps residuals a lot. But it depends on how long you are going to keep the car, if for a long time using a local Indy wouldn’t be a bad thing as they get used to the car. Your choice. I use the factory.
Atom 4
Porsche 992 GTS