PSA Heated Clothing

The place for all general, non-model specific, chat and any club announcements
Namastebuzz

PSA Heated Clothing

Post by Namastebuzz » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:58 am

So, in anticipation of driving my 3.5 around the frozen North of Scotland - that's our summer time to you Southern Softies - I've invested in some heated clothing.

Went to https://www.blazewear.com/ and they had reduced their 12v Moto range even more than normal. I bought jacket, trousers, gloves and socks along with a splitter cable for £180 odd. Incredibly cheap.

I've read a couple of long term reviews of their kit in bike magazines and they came out pretty well. Obviously it's not Gerbing or Keis level of quality but the whole ensemble was less than a jacket would be from one of those companies.

Wore it once on a 125 scooter I was taking to MOT and it was toasty! Fits well, nicely made.

I went back and bought a 12v gilet and battery heated socks for prospective passengers.

I have no affiliation with Blazewear and you can't phone them currently but they answer emails promptly and are extremely helpful. They send stuff out free of charge by UPS and are happy to take stuff back if you don't like it or want to change sizes.

I get the impression they're discontinuing the Moto range so I thought I'd post it up here in case anyone had thought about some personal heating.

Antong

Re: PSA Heated Clothing

Post by Antong » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:21 pm

Did you need to buy a controller to go with the clothing or is there one built in?

I've been looking for a heated jacket to wear in my nomad and it frustrated me you'd buy a jacket and spend another £50 on a controller for it!
Nothing stickier than a tree

phil4

Post by phil4 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:58 pm

The Keis one I have has a controller built in, you just plug it into the ciggy socket and select your temp.

Namastebuzz

Post by Namastebuzz » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:02 pm

The Blaze Wear stuff has a wee button you click multiple times for each heat setting and it turns red, yellow or green depending on the level.

Socks and gloves have individual ones built in too.

There is a separate Bluetooth controller available but I think it does the jacket only and you don't need it.

Atlarge

Post by Atlarge » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:48 pm

Good tip, thanks [mention]Namastebuzz[/mention] - got caught out in the snow in my Atom the other day (don't ask) it was -3c outside and with two pairs of regular gloves on, my hands were bl**dy freezing after 2 mins. Instantly regretted nipping out to quickly 'charge up the battery'....

;)

Namastebuzz

Post by Namastebuzz » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:03 pm

Atlarge wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:48 pm Good tip, thanks @Namastebuzz - got caught out in the snow in my Atom the other day (don't ask) it was -3c outside and with two pairs of regular gloves on, my hands were bl**dy freezing after 2 mins. Instantly regretted nipping out to quickly 'charge up the battery'....

;)
No worries. Hope it staves off the chills.

Went out the other day and just wore a thin, wicking long sleeve T-Shirt under the hot jacket with a Goretex shell over the top and lightweight, windproof hiking trousers over the heated trousers plus the gloves and socks. It got pretty chilly but I was toasty plus I wasn't dressed up like the Michelin man.

You could wear the stuff on the outside but only if you want to look like an extra from Space:1999.......