2020 - the year of the false start

The place for all general, non-model specific, chat and any club announcements
Karl V

2020 - the year of the false start

Post by Karl V » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:31 pm

Well it's now mid-June and it feels like things are slowly starting to return to a 'new normal'. Roads are getting busier, tracks are starting to open again, people are meeting up for drives and factories are re-opening to pump out long awaited new exotic machinery. Hopefully soon, I might even be able to get this Lockdown haircut fixed!

image.png
image.png (439.8 KiB) Viewed 287 times
If you are anything like us at Ariel.Club, you may be feeling the urge to make up for a bit of lost mileage and scrub some excess mm off those tyres, preferably with a bit of socially distanced Ariel banter.

To try and support the cause, we want to put a bit of extra effort into helping to promote as many Ariel meet-up events as possible - worldwide.

The Club has an active forum with an Events section and a dedicated Event Listings page, a main website that also publicises events, and of course the Facebook page and it's event listing tool.

So here's the thing... The current Ariel.Club committee (and majority of the 'known-to-us' UK Ariel owners) are based in the South East of England. It is therefore no surprise that most events have been centred around the South East of England, but this doesn't feel very inclusive. We are therefore especially interested to hear from any owners outside of this region who are keen to establish regional meets and get more Ariel cars (and bikes) out hooning.

So if you and a couple of Ariel mates are looking to meet up at the Track or pub or just head out for a drive and are keen to know if there are other Ariel owners nearby that may want to join in the fun, the Club would love to help you promote your event through the channels that we have been building up.

Please feel free to reply here - or PM me or Phil or Alex - if you are organising an Ariel owner's event and think we could help you with promoting it.

The #1 aim of this Club is: To assist with the organisation of suitable trips and events.

We can't cover the whole world to organise an event for everyone on every weekend, but we do want to encourage / support Owners who are organising such events and help increase attendance to YOUR EVENT through Club promotion where we can.

My apologies if you have recently seen us become a bit more draconian on keeping Event information up to date, but it's all part of tuning up our engines to bring more meet ups to more people. Wherever they may be based...

Karl V

Re: 2020 - the year of the false start

Post by Karl V » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:13 pm

It's a month since I posted this, so just wanted to give a quick bump...

I'm thrilled that over the past month, we have promoted:
  • Karl's Season Kick Off Run (once postponed) - 28th June
  • Pete's Silverstone GP Track Day - 8th July
  • Bertrand's 'alternative metal' breakfast meet - 12th July
  • Alan and Mark's Spa and Zolder visit - 15th and 16th July
  • Graeme's Breakfast Run (sadly cancelled) - 19th July
  • Tony's Bedford Autodrome GT day - 25th July
  • Nick's Welsh Breakfast Run - 26th July
  • Karl's Nomad Hoon (sadly fully booked) - 9th August
  • Pete's Castle Coombe Track Day - 19th August
There is more to come before 2020 is through... There is rumour of an inaugural East Anglia Breakfast Run and a Wales long weekend in late August / early September.

We'll continue to do what we can to promote these events via the Club's Facebook Group and the Forum's Listings Page.

So if you are planning a gathering of a few Ariel machines - wherever that may be - and want to see if the Club can help promote your event, please get in touch.

There is still time to teach 2020 a lesson...